From RLW

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If anybody has watched Super League, Beaver is still in amazing form. If he wants to play 1 more year with us and feels he can more than contribute then i'd have him back in a heartbeat, as long as we didnt lose a talented youngster. For instance though Joe G retires end of this year - then bring back the Beaver!!

I am always after a bit of Beaver - the more Beaver the better IMO

Why would we lose anyone, if he is going to play Union with his step bro he would hardly be after big bucks. Sign him for 50k and if his forms ok put him on the bench.

As much as i love the man, imagine bringing the Beaver back and him not being up to the standard of NRL, or even doing a Orford. Some things are better left as they are.

You people lack faith.

A return of the Beaver wouldnt be proposed or accepted if the man himself wasnt sure he would be an assett to the team.

TokyoEagle said:
As much as i love the man, imagine bringing the Beaver back and him not being up to the standard of NRL, or even doing a Orford. Some things are better left as they are.

Love the guy BUT....he got the Fairytale, not only a GF win in his last game BUT a miracle try in the 76th minute....please let's let sleeping dogs lie!!

Agree, he went out on a high which is a dream for all NRL players, no need to comeback for one season. I'd hate for him to comeback and watch him running around in the NSW cup everyweek.

But I'd welcome him back with open arms and give him some decent coin to be on the coaching staff, he would be great mentoring the young guns.

What about if his dream was to play more NRL games than anyone else?
He's just need to play have a season from the bench to eclipse Lockyer from the record books.
If Beaver thinks he can do it, I say 'Yes He Can' (now, where did I hear that?)

I reckon he could actually still teach a few of our younger fellahs a thing or two about looking after yourself. As for his spot in our 17, Des traditionally only plays his 17th ranked player about 10 minutes a game anyway unless there are injuries and I'm sure he could fill that role quite easily. Plus the ability to play backrow and centres better than anyone currently on our roster. From the footage I've seen of Beaver playing in the UK, he hasn't lost any speed which is remarkable, just shows how well he does look after himself.

Rodney is gone and Gualavo is no certainty to play next year. I'd prefer give Beaver a spot in our 25 and see how it goes next year rather than trying to pick up a cast off from another club. Especially when you take into account the off field benefits that could be had with him back on board.

WTB Ryan James,leave Beaver with his perfect ending till he comes home in an official position (IE...not playing)

I can not see a down side to having Beaver around the playing roster once again. At the very least he would be an asset to other younger players.

The impact on the team would be phenomenal. Plenty of people have questioned if the events of the ill fated pre season launch of 2009 would have occoured if he was still around. I wonder this myself.

Why would any other player be affected in any way? If the NRL allowed the registration of his contract on a second tier, out of the top 25, i don't see how it would. I also don't see how this wouldn't be possible, considering many of you have mentioned his age and time out of the NRL. He may not even play NRL but he obviously wants to be back at the club. His form may not warrant selection but at the very least he could cover injuries.

Bottom line is Beaver wouldn't entertain the idea if he didn't think he could do it.

I'm all for it!

If that happened, Dave Galloot wouldn't be happy. After making a song and dance over the plate glass headbutting, Drano-drinking, coke fiend (Lockyer) becoming the 350-game man - along comes the Beaver to regain the title and leave Lockyer and The Hobbit (Lamb) well and truly in his wake.

The Who said:
He's just need to play have a season from the bench to eclipse Lockyer from the record books.

That is the only reason I'd like to see him return for another season.

The Who said:

So we should jeopardize the medium term future of the club so one man can have his dream? I don't think so.

Matabele said:
The Who said:

So we should jeopardize the medium term future of the club so one man can have his dream? I don't think so.

Hard one.....Legend returns for 1 more fling or keep the junior evolution going?

If we could have him around in some form but not playing would be my choice!

The medium/long term future of the club is most important! Totally agree Matabele.

Phantar said:
If that happened, Dave Galloot wouldn't be happy. After making a song and dance over the plate glass headbutting, Drano-drinking, coke fiend (Lockyer) becoming the 350-game man - along comes the Beaver to regain the title and leave Lockyer and The Hobbit (Lamb) well and truly in his wake.

Yeah not only that but the record would be cheapened if Steve come back just to get the record back. It is staying with Lockyer now and probally for ever, as I can't see anyone in the modern game how it is played nowadays will ever surpass it.

Matabele said:

How would having 12 months of Beaver off the bench adversely effect our medium term future ?

In any case, IF his return was successful its no different to any other inclusion in the team squad.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8