Fresh from the Hill

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
First game with all the lights up for me - ground is very well lit now.

Both Flegg and PL went down in games they were never in, too many defensive lapses.

Then kickoff and deja vu - the dragons are in within a couple of minutes and like usual we are behind the 8 ball. The boys started to improve from that moment on and the game turned out to be a tight affair of far higher quality than last nights.

The Ref refused to blow his whistle - the dragons got to a point where there would be a 3 - 5 second pause from when the attacking players movement finished to when the first player started to move, he would then get up slowly, then another pase of 1 - 2 seconds before player 2 moved. We ended up penalised for complaining about this when in attack in their 20. Poor poor refereeing - lost control early in that department but we need to learn to shut our mouths, as frustrating as it was.

Manlys best is an easy net to cast - there are 2 names up top and daylight in third. One is there every week - BK. Played hard all game. The second player may well have pushed his case a little closer to international selection with a terrific performace. Matai barely made an error and was great in attack setting up stewy's try from a line break. He came in and did the hard metres when it counted as well. If he plays consistenly at this level there is no need to ever think about Lyon again - consistency would be great.

Dunley played a far better game today but we still look a better side with monas in attack and moreso in defence. What is starting to happen is than monas will run from dummy half 5m and then hit orford already on the move - we look dangerous like this.

Kite was good today bar his hands - King was solid, Bryant solid and lulu made one big hit, it seemed like he only played 5 minutes - needs to lift his workrate a lot - cuthbo would be far better as impact. Cuthbo played all 80 mins in PL and prob was their best - easily would have made 200m.

It was strange to see robbo take a ripper catch of a burns kick and score as Meaney had done the same thing a couple of hours earlier off Halden - meaney's was better too. Both great individual efforts.

Orford. Well for every good thing he did tonight he had more bad things it seemed. It appeared that he chocked under pressure - a title thats been holding him out of origin for a while. Seemed to go missing when the going got tough, im still not sold on his 450K price tag.

Willo had his best game for a long time in attack - got to play the last 20 minutes and made a few good runs. Looked better than lulu today. Still our bench is not being fully utilised, willo and lulu are not demanding their share of the time on the field.

all in all we got to 1 minute to go, a few tackles up our sleve and inside their 20. Orford threw a long floating ball because he could not see an easy option that didnt involve him being tackled. This lost us the game - someone would have scored he just had to hold it.

A dissapointing loss that should have been a win.

We will bounce back - and we are still a long way from our best.

Who was the loud bugger constantly starting the Manly chants? You could hear him clear as day on TV.

Then kickoff and deja vu - the dragons are in within a couple of minutes and like usual we are behind the 8 ball. The boys started to improve from that moment on and the game turned out to be a tight affair of far higher quality than last nights.

Uh?, we scored first & led 6-0, then 8-0.

Kite was good today bar his hands - King was solid, Bryant solid and lulu made one big hit, it seemed like he only played 5 minutes - needs to lift his workrate a lot - cuthbo would be far better as impact. Cuthbo played all 80 mins in PL and prob was their best - easily would have made 200m.

Lulu had a needle at halftime.

First hit up of the second half, Warren Smith calls Lulu putting a 'shimmy' on.
Looked like he hurt his knee to me. He went off shortly after, I don't recall seeing him come back.

[quote author=Fluffy]

Uh?, we scored first & led 6-0, then 8-0.

[/quote]

sorry, that was PL - im just so use to it now - we were lucky not to be down a try early in first grade

I agree Fluffy. It was BK and Matai in a a toss up for MOTM and third went to Choc who seems stronger this year and if he can get his footwork timing right is going to feature in a lot of busts.

I really like Burns as he is tough and his front on tackles are great (reminiscent of Tooves), and his chip kick to Robbo was lovely. However he gets 0/10 by holding on in tackles (again), hitting head high (again) and backchatting (again) that costs us with penalties.

It was a night where most players blotted their score card by doing something poor to negate other good work: Kite surging runs but bad hands x 3, King with one great run at the end of the game but (again) pinged for lying on the tackled player, Dunners with solid metres from dummy half but penalised for stupid infringements.

Brett deserves mention for probably playing the game dazed after a being seriously injured yet toughed the game out and was safe under the high ball.

Orford had the game mostly on a string in the first 30 and then his kicks in play just completely fell apart. Everyone is allowed one ot two shockers but as Fluffy says it is hard to see the return on the bucks in this game.

BK summarised it perfectly after the game. We played well enough in patches to have put the game away but ill discipline (again and again) cost the points. I am glad we have his level head leading the team. They showed enough that we can be extremely competitive this year but the usual suspects keep coming up with errors.

The crowd was fantastic at just over 18,000 and the atmosphere was as good as any game I have ever attended.

i dont think we will lose many from this game - it was tight and everyone was standing on the hill for those last 5 minutes - the next games not at brookie will the affect since we are not at home for a month

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4