Free to air coverage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
This season, every NRL round has 3 free to air games. As most know the first 5 rounds have already been cemented into place and the free to air games are confirmed.

During the first 5 rounds, considering there are 15 free to air games that mean 30 places for teams to get free tv coverage. Here is a breakdown of who have faired the best in the tele stakes for the start of the season:

Of the 30 Places available for free to air coverage the folling teams have this percentage -

Brisbane - 13.3% (4/5 Games on free to air) All 4 are friday nights.
Panthers - 13.3% (4/5 Games on free to air) 3 Fridays and 1 Sunday Game.
Eels - 10% (3/5 Games on free to air) 2 Friday games and 1 Sunday.
Tigers - 10% (3/5 Games on free to air) 2 Friday games and 1 Sunday.
Titans - 10% (3/5 Games on free to air) 1 Friday games and 2 Sunday.
Bulldogs - 6.6% (2/5 Games on free to air) 2 Friday games.
Dragons - 6.6% (2/5 Games on free to air) 1 Friday and 1 Sunday game.
Roosters - 6.6% (2/5 Games on free to air) 1 Friday and 1 Sunday game.
Rabbitohs - 6.6% (2/5 Games on free to air) 1 Friday and 1 Sunday game.
Cowboys - 3.3% (1/5 Games on free to air) 1 Friday night game.
Knights - 3.3% (1/5 Games on free to air) 1 Friday night game.
Sea Eagles - 3.3% (1/5 Games on free to air) 1 sunday game.
Sharks - 3.3% (1/5 Games on free to air) 1 Sunday game
Storm - 3.3% (1/5 Games on free to air) 1 Friday night game.
Raiders - 0% (No Games on free to air)
Warriors - 0% (No Games on free to air)

Warriors will be free to air in NZ and Knights will be free to air on NBN. QLD teams will also be free to air on home stations.

Manly then comes off worst of any club. I hope they are making some noise about this. It doesn't help sponsorship and cash flow which is the current bottom line.

It stinks in that Manly rated very well last year too!!!!

looking at those figures with the exception of the broncos which is fair enough as they are reigning premiers it is quite clear that channel nine dont seem to be following logic from the pont of view of the best football games but simple demographics hence the reason for such a high concentration of western sydney teams at the top where the larger population bases are. Now i have no problem with them catering for there viewers with any other programs but they are ripping footy fans off by bulking up the games with the same teams presumably because the advertising demograhics are more attractive

Well that explains it.. i was wondering why teams like Penrith, Parra and tigers were so high up.

It surprises me the storm only get 1/5 and that sucks for canberra and Warriors.

With all bias to Manly aside... i'm also a rugby league fan and would much prefer seeing a good game than a particular team. I hope something gets sorted out soon and it all works out fair.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6