Frank Stokes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher
Guys, anyone here remember Frankie Stokes???

I would guess you would... as a young bloke i use to love watching this bloke play... anyone know what happened to him and if he played any rep footy???

I don't know a heap about him as i was still a young guy but i loved watching him play

I might go to player profiles and see if their is something on him!!

Great player but I remember him for other reasons...
I was mucking around with my cousins and siblings when younger (primary school age) in a park at Queenscliff when he was working for the Manly Council there after he just started playing for the Eagles.
I think we were being smart to one of his workmates so Stokes and the other council worker picked me and my brother up and locked us in a portaloo for around 30 minutes...after bout ten minutes we started ****ting ourselves but my parents eventually rocked up and let us out. Stokes and his mate up and left us there...

Last time I heard of Frank he was back in Darwin captain coaching the Brothers club up there.

I was mucking around with my cousins and siblings when younger (primary school age) in a park at Queenscliff when he was working for the Manly Council there after he just started playing for the Eagles.
I think we were being smart to one of his workmates so Stokes and the other council worker picked me and my brother up and locked us in a portaloo for around 30 minutes...after bout ten minutes we started ****ting ourselves but my parents eventually rocked up and let us out. Stokes and his mate up and left us there...
That's a great story and it was probably natural justice and a good lesson to you. :naughty:

Today it would be headlines, a legal case and apology and him suspended from play. No wonder on the other thread people are saying that it just isn't like the 80s anymore.

As for Frankie - what a legend!!!! I loved watching him play. He and Paul Shaw were champions and had a lot to do with the footy Manly played in 87/88.

Not sure if Wheel has done a profile but I am sure he nothing else to do and could get onto it, if not!! 8)

[quote author=PJ]
I think we were being smart to one of his workmates so Stokes and the other council worker picked me and my brother up and locked us in a portaloo for around 30 minutes...after bout ten minutes we started ****ting ourselves but my parents eventually rocked up and let us out.
Today it would be headlines, a legal case and apology and him suspended from play.
[/quote]

Doesnt seem like an issue at all. You were in a dunny and you were ****ting yourself. Seems perfectly natural to me :)

Yessssss, Frankie Stokes :dance:

Was a great man

Was a Legends Q&A in RLW last year with the great man, buggered if i can remember what it said though :D

[quote author=Canteen Worker]
[quote author=PJ]
I think we were being smart to one of his workmates so Stokes and the other council worker picked me and my brother up and locked us in a portaloo for around 30 minutes...after bout ten minutes we started ****ting ourselves but my parents eventually rocked up and let us out.
Today it would be headlines, a legal case and apology and him suspended from play.
[/quote]

Doesnt seem like an issue at all. You were in a dunny and you were ****ting yourself. Seems perfectly natural to me :)

[/quote]

yeah true....but it stunk like a thousand council workers had already laid cables in it that morning...

It could have been wrose.

They could have locked you in and then rolled the portaloo down a hill like the bikies used to do to people at the bathust races years ago.

Picture the famous try at Parra stadium where he went the length of the field. We used to beat them all the time at Parra Stadium. It's been too long since we did that.

I was there as well, from memory it was a Friday night game and I was sitting behind the tryline where he scored.

http://www.silvertails.net/addins/content/content.php?content.266

Here is a new explayer profile on frank

just read it mate!!

Excellent stuff.... he may have been used as a back up mostly but as a young supporter i wanted to watch him play every week.. i just remember him being an excitement machine!!

Go Frankie Stokes!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4