Frank Pritchard

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With Kennedy leaving at the end of season it'll leave a huge hole in our backrow.

I've heard that Frank Pritchard is off contract this season and a Dragons fan who knows a Panthers fan in the know reckons that he could very well end up in the maroon and white next season. By the way he was talking he was implying that we have already tied him up or are a good chance to.

Either way do you reckon we should chase him if he is off contract?

From todays telegraph,

I won't play for peanuts says big Frank
By STEVE MASCORD

May 04, 2006

NEW Zealand forward Frank Pritchard has declared he is sick of "playing for peanuts" and will refuse to re-sign with Penrith before June 30.

Having hit the headlines this week for his frank assessment of Karmichael Hunt's decision to turn his back on the Kiwis, the 22-year-old told The Daily Telegraph he may have gone as far as he can in rugby league.

"Two years ago I took a pay cut to help the club and I'm not going to play for peanuts any more," said Pritchard, on the bench for Friday night's Suncorp Stadium clash with Australia.

"I'm going to be honest to myself and do the right thing, see what I'm worth on the open market."

Asked if he was definitely going to wait until after June 30 to make a decision on his future, Pritchard said: "Yeah, yeah, regardless."

Pritchard has revealed he is interested in joining a New Zealand Super 14 franchise. He has ruled out the Western Force because he wants to represent the All Blacks rather than the Wallabies.

"I think I'm at the stage of my career where I've done a lot (in league), I can't move forward any more," he said.

"The only rep team is New Zealand for me, I can't make State of Origin.

"The rugby union World Cup is something for me to look at as well."

But Pritchard remains Penrith's main recruitment target now that hooker Luke Priddis has re-signed for two years.

The rangy back-rower's agent, David Riolo, is currently holding talks with Super 14 teams, and officials from Canberra, South Sydney, Wests Tigers, Cronulla and Melbourne told The Daily Telegraph last week they would be interested in him.

Another Kiwi forward with an uncertain future is prop Roy Asotasi, whose manager Mark Rowan is expected to return from Britain in the next few days with a sizeable offer to try to tempt the 103kg player away from the Bulldogs.

---

We've got a good shot at this. June 30 is still nearly two months off so we'll have plenty of time to plan a contract. Considering how our results on the field go our position on the ladder could also be used to persuade Pritchard. A strong Kiwi contingent at our club also works in our favour.

Stuff Lyon, sign Pritchard or Creagh to replace Kennedy, and a hardman for the front row like Fielden.

To say Cuthbertson would even go close to filling BK's shoes is ridiculous. Watch the Eels game, he hit it up like King was for the first few rounds of this year, didn't offload and took at least 5 minutes to get back to marker. Not to mention the 4 or 5 times he was run around, whilst moving up in the defensive line, it was as if they planted his feet in the turf as a tough training drill.

i wouldnt mind looking at alan toungue also ,he is young & knows how to sniff out tries from anywhere on the park !!

couldnt agree more with blonty re cuthbertson.he is a young bloke with a lot of learning to do.my initial instinct he may be a first grader but thats about it- a couple of seasons may see him improve but we need to be looking at creagh and pritchard to replace kennedy.

I agree with most on this thread.

We need an elite forward leader to replace BK. Creagh or Pritchard would be great.

Cuithbo is developing but asking him to step into the shoes of BK is unrealistic at this stage.

The article on Pritchard reeks of negotiations already going on - will be interesting to see how it pans out.

I think he could be headed to the UK Nutz but he would be value if your could get his head right.

He seems distracted this year

Ogre would be awesome to come to Manly,not too sure on his contract length at the Dogs.Also Paul Gallen would be a good buy,also not sure of his contract at the Sharks but his younger brother Peter plays in Manly's Harold Matthews Cup team so we might have an in there.Fielden would be as awesome as Ogre but he still has 2 years on his contract with Bradford and he would not be cheap.The Rorters probably have the inside running on him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4