Foz on the Sunday Footy Show

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I get p*ssed of with my employer all the time, and will tell everyone and anyone about it.

I hate it how people take it as a personal slight on the fans

Watmough, Matai and Stewart are Manly legends, end of story!

HappilyManly said:
No, Manly's current ladder position , which you raised as a blanket clearance for Manly Players being above criticism, is the comparison :cool:

BTW GE, Foz did not say the b- word :D

So you'd rather the spoon and have them talk about how much they love Manly instead?

HappilyManly said:
Napper and Bones your inductive reasoning is beyond comprehension :huh:

All I want is for Manly to be Premiers and hear Manly Players promote the Club I love - simples :)

#Chillax

You thinking that my reasoning is incomprehensible, is enough to satisfy me that I'm right. Just like I was when I said manly would be on top of the comp once all of the bye rounds were done. Your logic was flawed then, just as it is now.

HappilyManly said:

All I want is for Manly to be Premiers and hear Manly Players promote the Club I love - simples :)

#Chillax

I don't see where any player has actually said "**** Manly I want out"

They've said they're disappointed. 2 blokes I worked with for 8 years got sacked last year. Everyone was disappointed. Noone quit in frustration, yes we said "what arse holes(company)" but we still work there.

Only a school kid would be doing the amount of complaining you lot are doing over this. It's embarrassing. So are the nicknames you keep making up.

I thought Foz was bristling a bit at the start of the interview, and more about the little bit of crowing that was coming from the panel (mainly Sterling and a bit from Fittler) about the Eels win. I liked that!

Foz (and DCE) always come across brilliantly on tv. They are polished, polite, respectful, very well spoken and not afraid to have a joke at their own expense. I just hope he (and DCE) are at the club for the next 10 years. What a combo (in terms of marketing and playing) to have.

Killer03 said:
They are polished, very well spoken

Ok - compared with Fitler, they are are polished & well-spoken.
They certainly know how to construct a sentence and use all the correct BIG words.... but polished?

The jounos are the only ones who speak with 'polished' vernacular....
definitely no current or ex-players on the Sunday Footy Show.

But the thread is about Foz and I reckon he did a damn good job and is a credit to our Club!

Ive been a member of this site for 10 years now .Ive found the best thing you can do is not even read R***'s posts ,his thoughts are mostly irrelevant.The guy thinks the exact opposite way most do.
Don't feed the drama queens !!

Napper said:
HappilyManly said:

#Chillax

I don't see where any player has actually said "... Manly I want out"

They've said they're disappointed. 2 blokes I worked with for 8 years got sacked last year. Everyone was disappointed. Noone quit in frustration, yes we said "what arse holes(company)" but we still work there.

Only a school kid would be doing the amount of complaining you lot are doing over this. It's embarrassing. So are the nicknames you keep making up.

But only a petulant immature school kid would rag the employer without appreciating the reality of how this professional sports business works now. They have every right to feel disappointed (we all do), but dumping on the club crosses the line and reeks of emotional immature blame culture.

Disco said:
I get p*ssed of with my employer all the time, and will tell everyone and anyone about it.

Then here's a novel idea... If you are genuinely pissed off with your job to the point you feel it is ok to slag off your employer then leave the job and do something that brings you satisfaction and happiness. Stop using your employer as an excuse and take responsibility for where your life is at and control for where it goes from here.

I love my job, doesnt mean at times I dont get frustrated, just like I have no doubt Watmough and co love the club

Lose the holier than thou act

Disco said:
I love my job, doesnt mean at times I dont get frustrated, just like I have no doubt Watmough and co love the club

Firstly, I acknowledged and never questioned anybody's right to feel frustrated. I even acknowledged that I also felt frustrated at the situation. However, feeling frustrated and how you respond to that frustration are two very different things and determine one's emotional intelligence.

So, it's ok for players to rip on the club even though we all understand the reality of what was behind the decision. It's ok for you to rip on your employer even though you choose to stay there.... But, It's not ok for me to rip on you with rational logic. Hmmm!

Killer03 said:
Foz (and DCE) always come across brilliantly on tv. They are polished, polite, respectful, very well spoken and not afraid to have a joke at their own expense. I just hope he (and DCE) are at the club for the next 10 years. What a combo (in terms of marketing and playing) to have.

+1

robbiea said:
Ive been a member of this site for 10 years now .Ive found the best thing you can do is not even read R***'s posts ,his thoughts are mostly irrelevant.The guy thinks the exact opposite way most do.
Don't feed the drama queens !!

+1

I'm yet to hear Brett, Foz, Choc or Matai 'rip on' the club. Matai admitted he asked for a release because of a huge offer. This was refused and he's said nothing on the matter since. We know they're disappointed with Glenn being forced out, but saying they're disappointed with Glenn leaving is not ripping on the club. It's a normal feeling for them to have. If these players were not playing for the club, the jersey, the fans, or themselves, Manly would be closer to the bottom of the table and not sitting in outright 1st place.
I see the players as a big part of the club. So when people rip on the players, then it's them who are ripping on the club. Some posters on here have said much worse things about these players than any of them have ever said about the club. I've always heard Brett, Kieran and Choc say they love Manly. Being disappointed in Glenn leaving does not change that. I've never heard Choc or Brett say they want out. I've only ever heard it from Rothfield and the like.

I think they all think the club could have handled Gift's situation better, and I think they have a point.

Sorry, my view on this is different. A "club" is made up of different parts, including players, coaching and support staff, and the management. As a club (just like a footy team) you stick together and present a united front. You do not present any hint of disharmony or dissatisfaction outside of the club. All problems are worked out internally (and I stress that such conflicts are always present in any performing group and should be encouraged to be aired and worked through internally). Outside, the face presented is one of united strength in the best interest of the club as a whole. This is what a successful "group/team" is and does. They work through conflicts internally and never ever turn on other parts of the team/group creating factions/divides. I don't care about the semantics of whether a player "ripped" the club/management or simply expressed frustration, or however else you want to frame it. No external communication should be expressing any dissatisfaction with any other part of the club (and that includes the subtle nuances and implied messages). That leads to division and the club will never function to it's full potential while that happens.

I would place one caveat on the above regarding outside communication. If such communication is used as a group tactic for some kind of desired outcome. For example, creating a seige mentality to galvanise a playing group.

HK_Eagle said:
Disco said:

Firstly, I acknowledged and never questioned anybody's right to feel frustrated. I even acknowledged that I also felt frustrated at the situation. However, feeling frustrated and how you respond to that frustration are two very different things and determine one's emotional intelligence.

So, it's ok for players to rip on the club even though we all understand the reality of what was behind the decision. It's ok for you to rip on your employer even though you choose to stay there.... But, It's not ok for me to rip on you with rational logic. Hmmm!

As Bones said, i am yet to hear anyone rip into the club and i certainly don't think you have ripped into me!

I think the thing people are missing here is that we are dealing with people, not robots, we are also living in the age of intense media scrutiny and if people actually believe that is possible to keep this sort of thing "internal" then they are kidding themselves.

I also think this forum is crazy atm, people poke fun at the telegraph but then buy into this whole "club in crisis" propaganda. You wonder why the media stir things up............well its because you all buy into it hook line and sinker.

Think about it, if the media are to be believed you could argue half the comp are in danger of falling apart!

The fact is that the Gift situation could have been handled better and a portion of the players are have made their displeasure known.

That's pretty much it

We are still top of the ladder and well and truly in the hunt for the minor premiership and the title.
We will still be here round 1 next year
We still have some great young talent coming through
We still have the best halves in the comp

Maybe 1 or two senior players will go.......we lost Hasler and are still a contender, we've lost Fulton, Vautin, Shearer and recently young Hoppa etc, we'll be fine

Yes we did play poorly against Parra, we've played other games just as poorly this year and previous years.........teams occasionally lose guys!

Lets all focus on the the footy and enjoy the finals, we are the ones pushing a dead story!

Disco said:

Yeah, and if I wanted a 'clear the air' meeting and threatened to walk to another business, complaining that my best mates couldn't stay together forever, my boss would tell me to piss off, real quick. I am not sure where you work but it sounds good! How can I get a gig there? These overpaid players on $500,000 living in reality? Give me a effing break!

Your boss can tell you to get stuffed most likely because you don't have 15 other employers to sign you up to the same or more money the moment you leave

And the threatening to leave is just posturing, the club have these players on contract and will only let them go when its beneficial to the club

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4