Foxtel sports package price increase

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Current

2w4hg8o.jpg

new

2m512l0.jpg

i wish there was a pay TV competitor, foxtel think they can charge what they want cause they don't have any competition! we get rorted on pay TV here, but i'll still get it

Can I give you guys some advice re foxtel prices.

I have saved quite a few people some money with regards to foxtel prices for packages from some info I found on the whirlpool forums. In fact one of the staff at work saved 75 a month on her 175 package.

What you do is actually ring them up to disconnect your service....they ask why and you say you cannot afford it any more due to electricity prices and now their price rise. They will look at your account probably put you on hold or ask you straight away well we can offer you a discount of maybe 10 or 20 dollars depending on your package and how much you pay per month. The trick is to not agree to that offer and simply state that you called to disconnect and not get a discount. They will then put you back on hold and then ask their supervisor to see what they can do and then they will give you a decent discount and if you are happy you can then accept and hey presto you have now saved some extra dollars. I have the fox sports hd package with HD and iq HD for about 60 bucks which is about 20 bucks or 25 under market.

The more you pay per month the more your discount should be... You can only get the discount if you generally have an existing package and are off of contract... I usually get the discount for 6 months and then have to ring up and go through the same process. So give it a go and I will be happy to hear your responses. Stuff the increases you guys can get huge discounts...

I also get the service put on hold during the off season they do that as well if you like me only watch the NRL on it.

Good luck

They won't mate... Trust me you can always call back or back track and say leave it...but you must ask twice for a decent discount.

I had a conversation with someone about companies that make your IP address look like it is in another country, often you can choose the country as you please then you can watch nrl games free on the NRL website or subscribe to Hulu or other pay tv sites from OS because they are about $15 /month not $115 I said he was being deceitful and should stop this practice and just pay foxtel like the rest of us and stop seeing everything for free over the internets.

Mac Man said:
They won't mate... Trust me you can always call back or back track and say leave it...but you must ask twice for a decent discount.

You pay for the month in advance don't you so it will take a month before it is cut off. Plenty of time to reneg.

manlyfan76 said:
I had a conversation with someone about companies that make your IP address look like it is in another country, often you can choose the country as you please then you can watch nrl games free on the NRL website or subscribe to Hulu or other pay tv sites from OS because they are about $15 /month not $115 I said he was being deceitful and should stop this practice and just pay foxtel like the rest of us and stop seeing everything for free over the internets.

Mac Man said:

You pay for the month in advance don't you so it will take a month before it is cut off. Plenty of time to reneg.

True and changing ip addresses is crazy and asking for trouble....i love the iq part of foxtel and they do offer a good service but too many people pay too much for it.
Some people get huge discounts and others pay full fare...sound fare?

Duh!
I wonder why the prices are so high? (rhetorical qn)

As in everything in life, companies have to allow for others who steal; shoplifting, pirating, even bs customers who say they're gonna disconnect.

We live in such a fair world!

lismore_fan said:
Duh!
I wonder why the prices are so high? (rhetorical qn)

As in everything in life, companies have to allow for others who steal; shoplifting, pirating, even bs customers who say they're gonna disconnect.

We live in such a fair world!

Or it could just be that prices need to rise to pay for the massive TV rights paid to the NRL.

Please don't tell me you all thought the NRL could get a billion dollars for TV rights and Fox wouldn't put up the prices.........really, were you that naive???

Online streaming puts the free back into free market economy. Who doesn't love free things!

I rang and they gave me a discount.. They even asked me how much I was willing to pay. Even after they offer first discount say you still want to disconnect. They dont cut it off until your billing period is up. I received several updated discounts in that time. I did the same for mum :angel:

Just called up Foxtel as I am sick of there little incremental price jumps that happen all too regularly. My existing package was costing me $92 per month. This was set to increase to $95 per month in March. I made a couple of tweaks to my packages that I thought would make a reasonable difference but all it meant was that I would stay on $92 per month after the price increase comes into play.

Needless to say I told the young lady that, as helpful as she has been, Foxtel has become a luxury and that I wouldn't miss it - please disconnect. She then went to management to discuss. They came back with an offer and I again declined. She went back to management to discuss.

The final wash up is this. I used to pay $92 per month. For the next 6 months I am paying $69.50 per month. I have set a reminder in my calendar to do this dance again on the 7th of August. Bear in mind my contract cycle actually expires at midnight today! Tomorrow's bill will be $69.50.

I had been meaning to try this for a while but have simply procrastinated. Thanks for the inspiration Mac Man.

^ Well done!

It is widely believed that foxtel themselves are aware of this but don't care.

They still make heaps of $$$$ and know that the majority of people won't ring up to 'get the discount.'

I'd suggest you guys do it. Not all today though!

Good work frank..pay your taxes and get the discount... But yes not all today!

Thanks whirpool it's amazing what you can google these days just add the word whirpool to your search and usually someone has already had your issue before!

Go the eagles!

Mac Man said:
Good work frank..pay your taxes and get the discount... But yes not all today!

Thanks whirpool it's amazing what you can google these days just add the word whirpool to your search and usually someone has already had your issue before!

Go the eagles!

I'm a whirlpool user. Have been for years. Initially got involved through my work in IT.

I'm about to try this... as soon as Telstra gets it's act together and separates my foxtel/internet bundle. That should've taken one day. I called up 3 days later and the guy said he'd check and call me two days from then. Of course there was no call so i checked up again on Monday and the next person says the order was 'stuck in provisioning' and he thanked me for checking up. Tells me he put an immediate action notice but could still take 5 days. Ridiculous.

And to add insult to the whole thing, I've discovered Foxtel from Telstra is different to Foxtel, so i need to transfer F from T over to Foxtel in order to disconnect and see what discounts they can do, since Telstra are absolutely terrible. I'm even tempted to just can the Foxtel from Telstra (in mother in law's name) and sign up again as a new customer, pay full price and be done with it.

Sorry for the rant.

why anyone who lives in sydney or qld would spend $1000 plus per year to see approx 12 games that are not on free to air is beyond me. A few at the pub, go to a few live, Go to s stupid mates house. The rest of pay tv is a joke

Give news ltd nothing

I haven't had it on since I built the new house. You can live without it. Especially if you have high speed Internet ;)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2