Foxsports reports Grant announcing 5.85m Salary cap for 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/nrl-salary-cap-to-hit-7-million-by-2017-with-players-approving-five-year-deal/story-fn2mcuj6-1226574397525#.URXB3h2J3k8

The FoxSports News channel is quoting John Grant that the deal is done.
The Players agreed after the ARLC agreed to raise the cap to 7m from 2017.
The SOO payments go to 40k and the minimum wage goes from 44k to 70k.

Hopefully Brett's contract will now be registered by the NRL :)

Im hopng some posters here can entertain us with conspiracy theories such as:

"see what a little bit of ARLC blackmail can do when you tell players they are under threat of a doping & match fixing investigation"

Jatz Crackers said:

"see what a little bit of ARLC blackmail can do when you tell players they are under threat of a doping & match fixing investigation"

Cloud over ex manly drug tactics restrict cap increase to 5.85mill!

I have never bought into salary cap queries but after looking at the Dogs top 17 in the Tele how are they under the cap?? Their bench would start at most clubs. They are going to be extremely hard to beat.

Ryan said:
Could we have kept one of Lussick, Harrison, Whare if that was the case?

Don't think so Ryan, I think the club was sweating on this outcome, and even if we did we would of had to pay overs fom them. Whare and Lussick we signed on big deals, not sure about Harrison.

Darren, everyone looks at our roster the same way.

I hate how a club has a good season and everyone starts pointing fingers at them

Hi Disco, we had lots of lower end players such as jorge, joe, rose, etc but just looking at them, wow, it's a dynamic team! We had Mauro, Robinson, Foran etc compared to Klemmer, Finnacue.

Klemmer as not played NRL ffs and Finnacue only just came onto the scene. Neither would be on big coin. Look at their halves compared to ours. We are rumoured to have a million plus tied up there. If their gun juniors kick on and they keep them without losing anyone, then you ask questions.

Jatz Crackers said:

I am such a conspiracy theorist Jatz, I'm sort of loving your theory!:p

Darren, all due respect mate, but look at our team holistically:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Justin Horo
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Richie Fa'aoso
16. George Rose
17. Joe Galuvao

THEN:

18. Ben Farrar
19. Brenton Lawrence
20. Esi Tonga

(EVEN THE 18-20 START IN OTHER TEAMS)

THEN:

21. Ligi Sao
22. Michael Chee-Kam
23. Peta Hiku

Before we really start getting into the depth.

Make no mistakes, I personally think we have on paper the best quality, best depth riddled team in the NRL. I wouldn't swap it for any other team - including the Bulldogs.

Imagine supporting a team like Canberra, or The Eels, and looking at our roster. LOL

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4