Foxsports 'laugh track'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In the first couple 'o rounds the commentators were saying how good it is to be able to hear the hits, etc more clearly. Now they are going to fake tracks?

Though... I kinda don't mind to much. Being almost silent may be off putting. But I guess we'll have to hear squeals of rapture every time smith touches the football.

Meh, I'll keep the benny hill theme loaded and ready!

It took a LONG time for my prediction to come to fruition but it’s here , virtual crowds .....well sort of!!

Next it’s superimposed crowds and then “ who the **** needs fans”!!!

Its a good idea.
Sound is just as important as the visuals. When they first we crowd free i posted they should have a crowd buzz track underneath to add atmosphere.
These are strange times and it calls for strange measures.
Try this at home. Next time your watching a horror movie or thriller. Right when its at its most terrifying mute the sound. Regardless of what happens on screen 90% of the suspense will dissolve instantly.
Same with sport.

Just watched that clip from fox and its excellent. Just what we need to sell the game now.
I really hope they do this and its not just a hey look what we could do.

Lets be honest at a lot of games before Covid there were hardly any crowd to look at in some of the stadiums so a bit of fake sound wont matter that much.

Reserve judgment. But have to say I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the sound of the contact and in game noise, with no crowd. Interesting to see, well hear..

Reserve judgment. But have to say I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the sound of the contact and in game noise, with no crowd. Interesting to see, well hear..

I think Thursday night is a Chan 9 broadcast with Fox just getting it to use so I’m not sure we’ll have crowd noise tonight but here’s hoping.

Big win from me. The buzz track of a crowd just adds that little bit to the atmosphere. 99% of the time we dont focus on the crowd so having the sound even if its fake is a non issue for me. Good job fox for thinking outside the box.
Although back in round 2 i did post the idea of the fake noise so im taking credit....

We didn’t particularly like it. There were parts that weren’t too bad. But crowd noise isn’t continuous in a normal game.It didn’t replicate the ebb and flow of the game a lot of the time. Sounded like the background noise of a video game.
I’m not saying throw it all out.There was so much new stuff to get your head around, and I really don’t want to be negative, cause I was just so bloody happy the footys back.
I’m happy for it to be a work in progress.

Was a bit worried about it at the start of the game but it didn't take long for me to forget it was fake and it added to my immersion in the game.

Well, i hope we hear the 'Maaannly' chant and the Manly clap, clap, clap throughout the game when they cover our game (but I doubt it will happen).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8