Fox Commentators Conspiracy Theory

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
They are probably all in on the rort by now.
I'm surprised Rothfield has stood against the grain but good on him for it.
The truth is out there but who is going to reveal it?
There goes a fair amount of the NRL's budget deficit.
Hush money costs !!
It only serves to show how disconnected many journalists & officials have become from the emotion that fuels the fan base & their love for the game. The game product today lacks the soul & authenticity that long time fans will remember, as it is now the domain of the marketing pimps & self interested officials.

It only serves to show how disconnected many journalists & officials have become from the emotion that fuels the fan base & their love for the game. The game product today lacks the soul & authenticity that long time fans will remember, as it is now the domain of the marketing pimps & self interested officials.
Agree.
And that sort of approach survives in a giant sport like NFL or something.
But league has never and will never be like that.
The sooner they get used to that and stop trying to be something it's not the better.

We all agree the NRL runs the brand? Yes, Who pays for the NRL? Fox & Channel 9? If you invested the money they do, they need to protect the investment.

This in my opinion is that all the rhetoric is a directive to make us all believe that the game is great, their doing the best job ever, and the game is led by outstanding minds and the administration of the game is the best ever.

This is total BS. The game is in trouble. Why have a press conference in the first place if people need to be scripted in what to say in the first place. Do we not have freedom of speech? Why on gods earth are we not permitted to question officialdom when we require EXPLAINATIONS! Did Trent ever call the refs cheats, or abuse them, No he asked for the officials to go in the dressing room and explain to the players the decisions they made. All we get is a coach fined $20K for being honest and asking questions, what would have Toovey been fined for the "needs to be an investigation" rant.

What does it say when my kids (26,22 & 8) all supporting other clubs sorry to say, all question the worth of going to games because they no longer see value in going to games when the basic question of fairness is gone from the game. My 8 year daughter told me stop watching games because I got too upset with what was happening. She would cuddle me as say "its just a game Daddy", next week will be better. But is it?

The game has serious issues, it's not two coaches at a press conference, why is now all about protecting or stemming the number of refs leaving the game?

I agree I find it very difficult when trying to explain to my kids why for example penalty counts are so blatantly awarded to certain teams (and this is not just for Manly games...) someone's I think why don't the players just go f*ck it and just walk off the field.

I disagree with the original conspiracy suggestion. I like Kent, and he is entitled to his opinion. 99% of the time i agree with him. But we are not going to agree here.

I think of it like this - Fox want their ratings to be as high as they can be. Occasionally a journalist will take a stance that benefits their employer, more than their own real opinion (ok quite often). Kent is saying the refs are being unfairly targeted to try and decrease the chances of viewers turning off the NRL's (and Fox's) coverage of the finals, due to it being perceived as biased (which we all know it is).

I disagree with the original conspiracy suggestion. I like Kent, and he is entitled to his opinion. 99% of the time i agree with him. But we are not going to agree here.

I think of it like this - Fox want their ratings to be as high as they can be. Occasionally a journalist will take a stance that benefits their employer, more than their own real opinion (ok quite often). Kent is saying the refs are being unfairly targeted to try and decrease the chances of viewers turning off the NRL's (and Fox's) coverage of the finals, due to it being perceived as biased (which we all know it is).
What Kent should be saying is refs are being unfairly targeted and that it is due to lack of education from the NRL- no one knows the rules these days. The NRL tries to blame coaches for speaking up about issues when the NRL should be held accountable they are supposed to make sure uniformly all refs call plays the same. That is why I have now lost interest in the finals.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12