Forwards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How has Robinson been going into he reggies? I've always thought he's done his job when given the chance in first grade and been surprised he hasn't been given more of an opportunity.

eagles2win said:
Cameron said:
So our pack next year

8 king
9 ballin
10 kite/ Shackleton
11 watmough
12 Bruher
13 Stewart

14 rose
15 joe
16 Chee-kam
17 lussick????
18 mauro
19 Harrison
20 Robinson

I think Nood is retiring at the end of this year. Was pretty close to doing it this year

Signed for 2 years

I hope Michael Chee-Kam lives up to his potential. He will be a newby we haven't had before that might be very good.

The one forward that impressed me from Toyota Cup V Illawarra was the captain and second-rower Dylan Kelly. I understand he is from the Central Coast. He is rangy, and looked in the attaking mould of Beaver Menzies.
Does anybody know about Dylan?

The Who said:
The one forward that impressed me from Toyota Cup V Illawarra was the captain and second-rower Dylan Kelly. I understand he is from the Central Coast. He is rangy, and looked in the attaking mould of Beaver Menzies.

Dylan Kelly kicks goals as well.

The Who said:

Dylan Kelly was tipped prior to 2011 as our best up & coming young foward.
Described as similar to Ryan Hoffman (prefer the Menzies call) as a lanky wide running backrower who can kick goals.

I'm not slitting my wrists at the 'dearth' of our forwards, or their age. Front rowers can play into their 30s. With this 'old men' list, we're running 4th. Not bad for a bunch of old fellas. Get a grip. Up till last week Lussick was seen as hopeless. One good game and we want to keep him. Funny thread. I don't think we'll miss Rex, he's hardly been seen this season.

DSM5 said:
I'm not slitting my wrists at the 'dearth' of our forwards, or their age. Front rowers can play into their 30s. With this 'old men' list, we're running 4th. Not bad for a bunch of old fellas. Get a grip. Up till last week Lussick was seen as hopeless. One good game and we want to keep him. Funny thread. I don't think we'll miss Rex, he's hardly been seen this season.

agreed!, funny thread, also I don't know what games people have been watching but Harrison has been excellent and is now a definite starting player.....

DSM5 said:

No doubts our forward pack is great right now, but you have to consider succession DSM5. Brisbane do it very well. They have a core of veterans, and introduce one to two new young guns each year.

Melbourne do it very well.

One thing though I've noticed, is the teams that build successful dynasties, seem to have done so (especially in the forwards) organically.

The trend for Manly though is concerning. Hodkinson, Tasi, Hargreaves, T Williams, Whare, Hopoate & Lussick haven't even had a chance to show their full potential yet, and they are all gone.

Also, it's a rare breed of talent in the forwards who play "into" their 30's mate. Forwards wain heavily right around that mark.

Ryan when Kite and King retire we will buy some young props or bring some up from our lower grades, we will be more then fine. Forwards don't even get to their best till much later then other positions. We have a very good squad so its going to be hard to keep all our young players!!! The teams that are throwing money at our young blokes are struggling and need to buy whatever talent they can.

There are a few good forwards running around with the Raiders. Word around the Qbyn Leagues club on the weekend is that some players want out of the place, might be some bargin buys there.

Much hand-wringing is being done about the players we have lost. But have we lost more than other clubs? I know Brisbane have lost at least three good players. Perhaps it's just that more fuss is made about our players because they are premiership winners.

I came across a page on the knight's supporter forums that shows a pretty upto date list of player movements. Out of the forwards listed as 'off contracted' who do you guy's think we should sign.

Surprised to see Lama Tasi is off contract from the chooks, i wish he had never left. it'd be good to get him back?

Also what do you guys think packer from the warriors? has been quiet this year but was starting to hit his straps last year. thoughts?

Heres the link:
http://www.marathonstadium.com/showthread.php?11143-2013-NRL-Player-Rumours-amp-Signings

dayne said:
I came across a page on the knight's supporter forums that shows a pretty upto date list of player movements. Out of the forwards listed as 'off contracted' who do you guy's think we should sign.

Surprised to see Lama Tasi is off contract from the chooks, i wish he had never left. it'd be good to get him back?

Also what do you guys think packer from the warriors? has been quiet this year but was starting to hit his straps last year. thoughts?

Heres the link:
http://www.marathonstadium.com/showthread.php?11143-2013-NRL-Player-Rumours-amp-Signings

Are you sure Tasi is off contract? Id love to have him back at the club if he was available.

dayne said:

Heres the link:

Thats a link to 18 pages of forum opinion. Might be better to post the list your talking about so we can comment. Cheers.

Jatz Crackers said:
dayne said:

Heres the link:

Thats a link to 18 pages of forum opinion. Might be better to post the list your talking about so we can comment. Cheers.

obviously the main post with coloured text listing the clubs; who they've signed, who they've lost and who is off contract is the one i'm referring to. it has been updated regularly, hence "pretty upto date player movements" was stated in my original post. Of which of the off contracted player's listed would fit our club, or whom the forum community would like to see in maroon and white. all players listed as gains or losses in the original post are accurate, which i think the off contracted players stated would be at least 70%-80% accurate.

Thanks, no worries. I saw the date as Jan 2012 & thought not up to date but it does have TRex as gone to the dogs so I see it does have some credibility.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6