forget the gloom-what about 6 and 7

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Earlier in the season the experts were going on about Manly's lethal left side attack. Imo this was only because DCE was inexperienced so that most of the ball went to Foran.

Over the last 5 or 6 games now that DCE has the confidence I would think that the right hand side has caught up and perhaps even surpassed the left.

I think Des probably had DCE restricted a fair bit until he got used to the pace. Now he is getting used to it, Des is giving him a bit more freedom and it is working a treat. I still can't get over those Dummies he threw, who does that? he seems to have that smart ass streak that all good halves need

Im glad no one panicked when Hodkinson got his offer from the Dogs. DCE has shown a lot more talent, he probably only got the spit ahead of DCE because he looks like a tougher player.

Daniel said:
I think Des probably had DCE restricted a fair bit until he got used to the pace. Now he is getting used to it, Des is giving him a bit more freedom and it is working a treat. I still can't get over those Dummies he threw, who does that? he seems to have that smart ass streak that all good halves need

Haha are you for real? There's 10 dummies thrown a game.

Jatz Crackers said:
Technical Coach said:
Its a lot harder for Foran to always have an impact each game when he is posted on one side with less overall touches and ad lib play on both side of the field compared to DCE .With teams more prepared and easily reading Foran especially with forward moving defensive lines as a result of lack of go forward this change of attacking emphasis was to be expected---it is basically forced to happen.

I was not trying to make a smart observation in hindsight which is what you seem to be implying. Just stating if your 5/8 is posted on the left with opposing defences reading our pet plays on top of a lack of go forward combined with outside defences rushing up your half back has to take over more responsibility in attack----"its forced upon you".

Show and go brings up outside defences and you can work your pet plays off a quick play the ball the next play (i stated a show and go in the Dragons analysis thread was one option), or work behind and through the rushed up outside defensive line. More pet plays up the middle to draw in defensive numbers then work your sweeping plays on a stretched defensive line----even simple outside in runs or flat face passes around the post to T-Rex G.Rose.G.Stewart can set up outside back plays also.

There are many options including more flexibility with Foran which is too late to even consider now on top of re-introducing Lyon as a second option 5/8 after G.Stewart has been worked up the middle-- with a pet play for a large running forward or the standard B.Stewart plays.

There are many options but having too many introduces a lack of discipline and structure in attack so they either have to be introduced slowly over time or sometimes forced with adlib plays.

Agree with everything said above and would add -

I think a great feature of both of them is their confidence and even when something goes wrong, like a misplaced kick, it doesn't phase them at all.

Our unexpected 2nd place on the ladder should imo largely be attributed to DCE and Foran (along with a few others).

They've certainly exceeded everyone's expectations this year and we're very lucky to have them both :)

Volley said:
Daniel said:

Haha are you for real? There's 10 dummies thrown a game.

double pumps and small dummies, not the full old school dummy like he throws, i haven't seen players use that as often as he does since the 90's

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6