Forget Lyon.........sign this bloke

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KaZa

Bencher
JOSH Hannay's future at the Cowboys appears clouded after the former Origin centre was dropped for tomorrow's top-of-the-table showdown with Newcastle at EnergyAustralia Stadium.

Hannay trained with the Young Guns yesterday after being told by Cowboys coach Graham Murray he would not play against the Knights.

Rookie Gavin Cooper will start at right centre in place of Hannay, with Young Guns back Mark Henry the new 18th man.

Hannay said yesterday he had been punted from the squad because Murray felt he was not offering the Cowboys enough potency in attack.

"It's pretty disappointing," he said.

"Muzz didn't say a whole lot but indicated he was looking for a bit more from me with the footy.

"It's never a good feeling being dropped but I'll get on with things as best as I can."

Hannay, a veteran of 143 first- grade games, is off-contract this season and said he would seriously consider his future this season.

The 26-year-old has already been mentioned as a possible target for the Gold Coast Titans, who are looking to add quality outside backs to their playing roster for next season.

"I'll be weighing things up, absolutely," he said.

"I have to think about what's ahead for me and in a couple of months time I'll definitely be looking at my options.

"The Gold Coast franchise is very exciting and to be there from the start would be a great challenge.

"But my major concern this year was getting back on the paddock and staying injury-free."

Lyon doesnt even know what he wants to do with himself. He gets bored wherever he goes. Sign Hannay up.

Agreed. Solid defensive centres have been an important component in the success of the Cowboys. Hannay deserves to join Manly. Joining the Titans would be a mistake.

mmm would rather sign a bloke breaking into a squad than being pushed out, will be 27, so i guess a few good years left, is he any better than Matai ? would like the begtter judges out there to decide that one, he can kick a goal as well.

agree with all that, but you may want to change that to he WAS and origen player, he is now a reserver grader,

would you drop matai for him ? mayby if he was currently in the squad, but would you spend Money on some, be it hannay or anyone now to replace matai if matai remains in the squad.

Like i said elsewhere, money if available should be spent in other areas, ie back up for an againg back row, quality props, class hooker etc

Lyon's clearly a better player and offers more. But Hannay is quality, will not let you down, good defender, v good goalkicker (especially after Arnold gets to him)- and a fraction of the cost. We're short of depth in the three quarters so if we don't get Lyon, Hannay's a real option and leaves more cash to spend elsewhere.

Did anyone watch the Knights v Cowboys game? That big centre the Cowboys have with the mullet Cooper is a gun he just trampled over some of the Knights forwards...not that the Cowboys will be letting him go in a hurry!

He was dropped 1 game back from injury and has played just 1 this season.

He's a good player and Murry just doesn't seem to be giving him the time he needs to settle back into the squad. Understandable though considering they are 6 from 6 and have such a wealth of tallent.

yeah PJ Gavin Cooper his name is.... he's another cowboy that has been good enough for NRL for a while but finally got his chance... another real prospect for the boys up north!!

Forget LYon or any centres... sign a front rower... a "class" front rower

I wasn't really rating matai before Rd 1, but in each game he's proving his worth. Will still have a dropped ball, or run out of the line in defence in him, but he's improving each week. IF he plays test footy and continues to improve until the end of the year - I'll keep Matai thanks.

Matai is one of the 3 big improvers this year - bryant and King being the other 2 and like bryant i hope they can be consistent. I was very impressed by his work rate against Gasnier.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6