• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No knock on Foz, but spending whatever we are paying him when we have Schuster in the squad and not allocating that money on a proper hooker has so far proven a poor decision. You can bang on about the big 3 hogging the cap and when Tom is out it doesn’t work. But when you go with a big 3 set up, what you allocate the remaining 7mil in the cap to needs to be shrewd. Cust, Crocker and Foran should not be in the same top 30 as they all play 6. If they resign Foz and Crocker I’ll be gobsmacked. I think Foz would be quite handy in a good team. We are rebuilding however.

Should have had Foran and Cust at hooker with Schuster at 5/8 from the beginning. That would have raised the attacking and defensive quality of the team a few tiers higher. It would have got clever players at hooker, giving consistent service, it would have allowed DCE a less sense of urgency trying to do too much and faltering and it would have offered a creative 5/8 who just may have given the backline the service they needed for attack. The side is badly balanced, especially in the hooker/half/5/8 area. Mind you I would also change the centres, but that's another issue.

Foran has been better than DCE so far this year. The big issue with Foz is not with the ball, but without it. He has been burnt for speed a number of times down his edge and that is not a structural problem, it is his inability to physically keep up with the speed of the game. He was never fast to begin with but multiple hamstring and lower back injuries have rendered him pedestrian.

Foran has been better than DCE so far this year. The big issue with Foz is not with the ball, but without it. He has been burnt for speed a number of times down his edge and that is not a structural problem, it is his inability to physically keep up with the speed of the game. He was never fast to begin with but multiple hamstring and lower back injuries have rendered him pedestrian.

At least he has been running straight at the line and not around in circles.

Problem we have is the need to purchase bargain basement creativity because others fail to deliver.

If our half had been playing as a dominant half for the last few years the ability to nuture others around him of younger pedigree would be possible.

But we have needed to add maturity level qualities on a kid friendly budget so we have to take what we can get

In saying that if we are ever on the front foot, those backpeddling moments are kept to a minimum and not as critical for foran or the team

Do you think he’d be protected more if he played at hooker in rotation with Cust? Put Schuster at 6

Unfortunately it was always a stretch expecting anything more than reliable from Foran with his busted body and this effects both his attack and defence
Is still an honest footy player, but his mobility and speed have lowered his capabilities immensely
In fact , down 25% since his last Bulldogs game.
He has become a target in defence , as he is smart enough to realise he lacks pace, so stands (outside) his opposite attacking player, who has the option of slicing through inside, or as recently seen, change angle and get outside him
In attack, he is still direct....but....that inside defender he targetted and used to zip by, now has time to slide and shut him down comfortably, which in turn, means that outside defender Foz used to vacuum inward, can also stay on his man taking away that short ball, which was his main strength in attack, which used to create numbers or see him slice through with a show and go....especially down the blind side

Foran appears to play broken. He's slow, struggles to walk from what I see.

Yes, he's more direct than DCE, bit that's not saying much.

All DCE does is stifle the attack and run in circles / miss tackles, with the occasional decent kick.

Cant expect too much from him without a decent 7 on the other side to take the heat of him. Poor dude. Its all on him to deliver

he needs help on his 250 k pay checque

Didn't I read another post that said
‘ cant expect too much from DCE without a decent 6 on the other side to take the heat off him. Poor dude. It's all on him to deliver.

He needs help on his $1.25M pay cheque ‘

At least he has been running straight at the line and not around in circles.
No doubt plays direct, but as an attacking threat both to make a bust, or put his runners into space....his lack of acceleration has hindered his punch and as a threat....no tries scored and minimal try assists in 2021 - if any ?
Will benefit big time from the addition of Tom, as he will likely sniff around off Foz as a 2nd man runner and inside option on the left edge and also off Jake through the middle

I wasn‘t happy with the signing, regardless of the pay cheque, unfortunately Foz’s time in the game is over, his physical aliments, his speed, his age are all negatives, compare this, we look backwards and sign a 30 year old, more prone to injury than most, past his prime and simply not suitable for our current game-re speed, it all applies at 6,7,9 or 14 sad to say but true based on the evidence, then take a look at the other 6‘s in the comp and ask yourself if poor old Foz should still be going round, sorry his done and it was a bad signing, it was always going to be.
Benji would of been such a better option, he had nowhere to go and was looking for another year, who knows he may even go round again and on the evidence has the runs on the board to warrant it, anyone can see that and I’m sure souths see his value, I wouldn’t even be surprised if they offer him the opportunity to go around next year, and remember he called Bennett. Whose idea was it to sign Foz and who else thought it would bring value to the side?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4