Foran won't jump ship

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masked Eagle

Bencher
Foran won't jump ship

Manly superstar Kieran Foran insists he won't active an escape clause in his contract to follow coach Des Hasler out of the club, allaying immediate fears the Sea Eagles face a mass exodus of players.

Foran and fullback Brett Stewart both have special riders written into their contracts allowing them to leave Brookvale should Hasler not be at the helm.

The Sea Eagles coach has signed a lucrative four-year deal with the Bulldogs starting 2013 but his departure is likely to be fast forwarded once the Manly board meets this week.

Current assistant coach and former skipper Geoff Toovey is expected to take the reins next season.

"I'm not sure what's going to happen there. I've got to focus on next year and we'll wait and see," Foran said from inside the New Zealand camp on Monday.

"I am pretty happy at Manly. It's a great club; we've just won the comp (and) I don't want to leave. We have to accept it (Hasler's exit) and get on with things."

Foran and Brett Stewart are the only two players believed to have exit clauses in their contracts.

Destructive back-rower Tony Williams is the sole current player off contract but is keen to stay at the club.

And influential representative forward Anthony Watmough has declared the Sea Eagles won't be ripped apart by the Hasler drama.

Pressed on why he had a special clause inserted in his deal, Foran replied: "Probably because I rate Des Hasler as a very good coach."

"Everyone knows what high regard the players hold Dessie in."

"What he's done for the club is huge. His stats show just how good a coach he is."

"We're pretty disappointed to hear he's going."

"We all love Dessie and wanted him to hang around for many years to come."

Foran wants Hasler to see out the final year of his contract but says Toovey is the perfect replacement should there be an immediate change of coach.

He urged the club's dysfunctional board to sort out the mess before the players return for pre-season training next month.

"The man they need is right there in front of them," Foran said of Toovey.

"He's been there since 2004 under Dessie. He's learnt the ropes."

"He's an ex-player at the club, he's won comps for the club. He is a very passionate guy and knows what it's about."

"But I'd love Dessie to hang around for his final year. The players would love to have him there and there's no reason why he shouldn't hang around."

"I don't know too much about what's going on behind closed doors but things have got to be nice and tidy up there (in the boardroom) for things to be nice and tidy on the field."

Meanwhile, New Zealand centre Krisnan Inu has withdrawn from Sunday's Test against Australia in Newcastle due to personal reasons.

We are on a roll with good news now. Nice one ME. Keep the good news coming. It's heaps better than all this other ****e of the last week.

A warning here from Foran who says ' things have got to be nice and tidy in the boardroom for things to be nice and tidy on the field'.

Looks like Des and Zorba and the people that they reported to are the dysfunctional ones.

Its comforting to actually have the Players' point of view being reported.

Maybe, some enterprising Reporter will actually canvas the Members if not the Supporters in the coming days as well.

#B2B is on Baby :D

BOZO said:
A warning here from Foran who says ' things have got to be nice and tidy in the boardroom for things to be nice and tidy on the field'.

Is that a warning? Looks to me that it is a very strong endorsement from Foz of the 2011 management that helped win a premiership.

Whatever upset Dessie and Zorba none of the players have a problem. Seems the players will stay with Tooves and current management.

Gosh some good news after the horror week . It looks like Choc is the unlikely hero. Tooves and Menzies will bring the best outa of manly. I still love Des one of my fav players coaches and individuals. I cant wait to screw the bulldogs 50 nil next yr.

I thought this would be the case every player is part of a team, winning a GF is a huge task and they just completed that so it would stagger me if anyone of them wanted to break up that bond, excepting Hoppa ofcourse and his clan.

Winning is a culture and its dam hard to get and once you have it as this group have achieved none of them would want to disrupt that, despite who's sitting in the coaching chair!

Well said by Foran and Choc we needed to start hearing good news from someone! Now I can get back to sticking it up all those plonkers who have been having free shots at me all last week.

Excellent Story and some good news, damn he and young DCE are two well spoken kids. They show a lot of maturity for their age.

At the end of the day all a player wants is success and money. If we can offer these blokes enough money and put together a team capable of success they will no doubt be happy to stay.

Look at Wayne Bennett. He has been rated the greatest coach ever, and only one player has followed him all over Australia, and everyone has recognised that it is weird.

BOZO said:

I certainly hope what these players are saying is true and not hoppa-esque.
It's very hard not to be cynical these days after the last week.:-/

mwsneagle said:
BOZO said:

exactly what I was thinking

Mighty Beaver said:
mwsneagle said:
BOZO said:

exactly what I was thinking

These guys have now seen that hoppa is earning $800k a year and it is inevitable that we will lose some simply because they will receive better offers elsewhere which we cannot match.

Closing this thread as we have a news article for this. Please remember to use the news system for posting articles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4