Foran why?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With minutes to go why the he'll don't you put up a bomb, thread it into the goal mouth or at least try to get it to your 2 powerful players outside of you. You are money worth spending if a club has no darn idea. What a waste of money
Get rid of him scumbag eel

With minutes to go why the he'll don't you put up a bomb, thread it into the goal mouth or at least try to get it to your 2 powerful players outside of you. You are money worth spending if a club has no darn idea. What a waste of money
Dead set pea heart foran

It was the right play. They only had to hold out for one last set. Unfortunately Matai missed a tackle on Granville which resulted in the break that led to the try.

...and if he does grubber through and Coote picks it up and runs 100m to score you start a thread saying why doesn't he take the tackle 2m out, hand over, we've got 1 set to defend.

It was the right play. A kick an inch too long, with the wind behind you, gives them a 7 tackle set from the 20.

I might be in the minority here, but I don't think Foran is down on effort. He's down on form, but has played injured, including tonight. Previous years when he's played injured he's called tough, but this year he's called a pea heart. I just don't agree.

Don't get me wrong, I'm filthy he's going to Doesn'tmatta, and will laugh when his career fizzles out there like Choc's is, but just think his effort being questioned, while understandable, is a little harsh.

...and if he does grubber through and Coote picks it up and runs 100m to score you start a thread saying why doesn't he take the tackle 2m out, hand over, we've got 1 set to defend.

It was the right play. A kick an inch too long, with the wind behind you, gives them a 7 tackle set from the 20.

Exactly, this new rule ( 7 tackle set ) $h!ts me no end.
I understand why they brought it in but it's skewed way too much in favour of the defensive side.

IMO the 7 tackle set should only be given if the ball was kicked from outside the 20m, it doesn't make sense to me - if you're nowhere near the goal line, say 40m out but kick it dead you get more of an advantage than if you're 5m out and try an attacking kick that just goes dead.
Also the same if you contest a kick or drop it over the line, why not just a normal 6 tackle set.
Look at Tommy T's no try, Morgan knocks it out so effectively no knock on but they get a 7 tackle set.

I think Foz made the % play, the next best option is to bang it over the sideline.

Its easy right now to stick the boot into Foran, like all of you I am really unhappy about whats happened. In relation tonight, I thought he had a real crack and took the line on a lot more. For his first game in a few weeks I thought he did well. It is a pity that he could not get the last few kicks right cause we so needed to force a goal line drop out, Foz is not the reason we lost this game, it came down to Manly not taking their chances when we had field position and allowing too much go forward in the last 10 minutes.

Exactly Stu. The zero tackle restart was a reaction to the Bennett/Soward play of intentionally kicking the ball dead from 40m+ to get a set defensive line and nullify strong kick returners. The rule should be as in Rugby where if you kick it dead it's a handover where the ball was kicked from. If it's less than 20m from the goal line then it's a 20m restart (6 tackles not 7). Same with catching the ball in the in goal or attacking knock-ons in the in goal, 20m restart (no zero tackle).

I can't blame any single player for last night's loss.

Foran had his best game for us since last year. Obviously short of match fitness and his timing was a bit off at times, but it was good to see him actually having a go out there.

Peta Hiku had a 3 on 1 there at the end. They most likely would have scored whether he made the tackle or not.

Bit hard to single any one player out when it was the 13 on the park who let the Cowgirls go 99 metres in one set.

I'm gutted by the loss but I can't fault their commitment last night. It was 1 vs 16 and by all rights they should have walked it in. Sure the Cows errors almost proved costly, but the Sea Eagles stood up to be counted last night.

Its almost halfway through the season. I can't see us making the 8 now (though I hope I am wrong). But damn if we aren't going to scare the hell out of the opposition in the next 3 months.

Foran was good last night, a lot better than I expected him to be after coming back from injury.

It wouldn't matter at all what play he did if we miss simple tackles needing to defend just 1 set.

It was the right play. They only had to hold out for one last set. Unfortunately Matai missed a tackle on Granville which resulted in the break that led to the try.
It's a shame. Did we run out of interchanges? Matai was busted 10 minutes from the end. Just earlier he made a desperate tackle on a cow. Such a brave player.

We still have no one that can get us back to back sets...We never (hardly) grubber in goal and force a drop out..

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8