Foran/Snake Out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Eadie for mine, and don't forget about Ridge. Snake's excellent, but the others can't be discounted.

Eadie for mine as well with Brett very close behind. Ridge a noteable 3rd.

I think it was the 1978 grand final where steve rogers made a break up the centre & rather hang back like most fullbacks do, eadie just come up & crunched rogers who spilled the ball & wombat picked it up & turned defence into attack like he did soooo many times!

Both champions & delights to watch!

Snake is one of the greatest footballers I have seen but Eadie beats him with his kick returns. So strong across the shoulders he shrugged off tackles and skirted to the wing, popped a pass and another try. Boustead owes Wombat a great deal :)

torana355 said:
Snake will play going off what the footy show said, foran and gift will not play.

More importantly, the Footy Show is still going?
Who's on it nowadays? Tell me Fatty has gone.

I reckon most people who post on here would love that
show if it's anything like it was when I last watched it 2 years ago.

I lie though. I do watch the Sunday Footy Show. Much better.
It's not like Hey Hey, it's Thursday.

Ryan said:
torana355 said:
Snake will play going off what the footy show said, foran and gift will not play.

The Game Plan, on Channel One at 8.30pm Thursday, is very good. You get 90-minutes of rugby league, whereas the Channel Nine version gives you about nine minutes, with the remainder being drivel and attempts at humour.
Slatts is wasted on that show.

The Who said:
Ryan said:
torana355 said:

The Game Plan, on Channel One at 8.30pm Thursday, is very good. You get 90-minutes of rugby league, whereas the Channel Nine version gives you about nine minutes, with the remainder being drivel and attempts at humour.
Slatts is wasted on that show.
Isn't that why Sterlo pulled the pin? He wanted the show to focus more on footy.

Look, its so very close to pick between them. Different styles, different eras. Wombat could and did create a level of passion that is rare amongst fans as well as opponents. I'll never forget when Ray Price kicked him in the head '78 Semi @ SCG and Wombat carried on. Courageous guy.

If and when Snake has prominently appeared in 4 GF's for Manly, then he will have surpassed Eadie. His speed, his classy passing game, his ability to 'spot an opportunity' is only matched by Bozo in the entire club history. Phil Blake's talent was just too shortlived to be comparable.

Eadie 1,917 points for MW when tries were mainly only 3 pts. With only (?) 71 tries, that's a lot of goal kicking. Also, Eadie was undisputed Kangaroo fullback for years.

Brett Stewart is a truly exciting talent, and like Bozo, brings the crowds into Fortress Brookie. (on another note the day Bozo left Manly for the Roosters, well it took me weeks to get over it.

So for now re Fullbacks: its: 1. Eadie 2. B Stewart 3. M Ridge. with an honorable mention for Bob Batty.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2