Foran, Kelly, the Penns and the Crime of the century.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Third party agreements are not guaranteed by the nrl or the clubs. They are usually sponsorships by people who want that player at that club. they would have contingencies on them that if the player leaves that club they would be void. No way if I'm giving cherry 100k as a third party deal that I'm not going to write into that contract he has to be at manly or whichever club I want him to be.

I thought the rule was tpa can't be used as an enticement for joining a club. so if a player left...he would still be entitled to that money from the tpa.

I realise there's also the 'real world' here, but I'm pretty sure that's the rule.

Unlimited - Players can earn unlimited amounts from corporate sponsors who are not associated with the club and who do not use the game's intellectual property (no club logos, jerseys or emblems) provided these are pre-approved. These agreements may not be negotiated by the club as an incentive for a player to sign a contract, nor can they be guaranteed by the club.

Unlimited - Tertiary education fees, approved traineeships, medical insurance costs, relocation/temporary accommodation costs are not included in the cap but must be approved.

Third party agreements are not guaranteed by the nrl or the clubs. They are usually sponsorships by people who want that player at that club. they would have contingencies on them that if the player leaves that club they would be void. No way if I'm giving cherry 100k as a third party deal that I'm not going to write into that contract he has to be at manly or whichever club I want him to be.

Very true, and they are. The only point I would add is that it is a fallacy that the clubs do not source the 3PA's; they do.

They simply agree the terms and feed the details to the players manager to ratify.

Biggest rort in League for the Rorters, Eels, Broncos and Souffs. All with large access to corporate sponsor deals.

Oh I forgot the Titans.. add them to the list as well. NRL funded 3rd party deals are noice.

I thought the rule was tpa can't be used as an enticement for joining a club. so if a player left...he would still be entitled to that money from the tpa.

I realise there's also the 'real world' here, but I'm pretty sure that's the rule.

Unlimited - Players can earn unlimited amounts from corporate sponsors who are not associated with the club and who do not use the game's intellectual property (no club logos, jerseys or emblems) provided these are pre-approved. These agreements may not be negotiated by the club as an incentive for a player to sign a contract, nor can they be guaranteed by the club.

Unlimited - Tertiary education fees, approved traineeships, medical insurance costs, relocation/temporary accommodation costs are not included in the cap but must be approved.
Lol that may be what it says but do you think a die hard manly supporter is out paying third parties for a bulldog or vice versa. The tpa would be negotiated for the duration of a contract at a particular club. and I'd say it could probably be terminated based on slightly different wordings. E.g. I might say that while DCE is a resident of the northern beaches area as is necessary for the promotion of my business. At such a time that he leaves the agreement becomes void. I wouldn't be talking about his club then but his physical location and as such I'm sure would skirt the rules

imagesk2zvy3xu-jpg.1245
@globaleagle

Some clubs, the Donkeys are the perfect example , would have access to unlimited TPA's, so wonder why they don't field the best money can buy???

I think the NRL has to change the rules so as to not disadvantage the clubs within the 16 who can't obtain huge dollars in TPA's.

Imagine if you will how many corporates would want to be chucking in huge dollars for Titans players to be the face of their business, $CE aside!!

Some clubs, the Donkeys are the perfect example , would have access to unlimited TPA's, so wonder why they don't field the best money can buy???

I think the NRL has to change the rules so as to not disadvantage the clubs within the 16 who can't obtain huge dollars in TPA's.

Imagine if you will how many corporates would want to be chucking in huge dollars for Titans players to be the face of their business, $CE aside!!
Townsville isn't exactly a mecca of the business world though. I think Sydney and Brisbane still have much better access to sheer volume of dollars. Brisbane because its a one team town. Sydney because other than Melbourne it dwarfs the rest of the country in business done and total population. 5.5mil people in Sydney. 175,000 in townsville

Whilst Townsville isn't a massive Business centre it's got one important factor.

Townsville sport is ALL about the Cowboys, Thurston & Scott are on every sign on every street corner in the place, every business wants to be associated with them .

The advantage of a one team city!!

Matautia Bros just reverted their decidion to go to the Dogs, so till Rd 13 no Fan knows who will reneg their contracts for 2016.

NRL have really messed up the Sponsorship/Membership drive for Clubs:mad:

Chez was pushed out and landed in a Pot of Gold, so no reason to back out.
Although if he did, then whatever the NRL guranteed him in TPA would stand, as TPAs are independent of a Player's Club :p

The manager for the Matautia boys acted without their permission to sign a letter of intent to join the Bulldogs. They had little interest in going there and they are now heading for legal actions against that manager.

Not the same background when trying to example it against Foran's.

Whilst Townsville isn't a massive Business centre it's got one important factor.

Townsville sport is ALL about the Cowboys, Thurston & Scott are on every sign on every street corner in the place, every business wants to be associated with them .

The advantage of a one team city!!

Yep, just like from next year from the border to Brisbane, DCE will be THE face on just about everything.

Maybe a new ride at Movie World that takes you from Cronulla to Manly to (Upper) Coomera?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4