For this week can we please

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dating back to Mar 13 2017 I wrote a post about our kicking game it’s been an issue since Green left. I think Daley’s long kicks are fine but he can not build any pressure with short kicks. Quite often he will be caught running on the 4th (never with much intent) he gets caught down very short blindsides and no room to work. He likes to run on the last but doesn’t shape to kick just throws a cut out pass to his right edge. The alarming thing is at his age I don’t know how much this will change.

I am also thinking it is a tactic from Des as you would think he would change his game if it wasn’t. I get turning the ball over on the oppositions line isn’t the worst scenario and I like we back our defence. (Until the Sharkies we had only conceded tries from kicks or exceptional passing). It comes down to match awareness. First 10mins of a half you want to keep the pressure on or rather build it. Last 10mins you might turn it over and back your fitness get up and bash them.

Dating back to Mar 13 2017 I wrote a post about our kicking game it’s been an issue since Green left. I think Daley’s long kicks are fine but he can not build any pressure with short kicks. Quite often he will be caught running on the 4th (never with much intent) he gets caught down very short blindsides and no room to work. He likes to run on the last but doesn’t shape to kick just throws a cut out pass to his right edge. The alarming thing is at his age I don’t know how much this will change.

I am also thinking it is a tactic from Des as you would think he would change his game if it wasn’t. I get turning the ball over on the oppositions line isn’t the worst scenario and I like we back our defence. (Until the Sharkies we had only conceded tries from kicks or exceptional passing). It comes down to match awareness. First 10mins of a half you want to keep the pressure on or rather build it. Last 10mins you might turn it over and back your fitness get up and bash them.

Agree.

At the time of losing Foran and DCE signing with the Titans and then back flipping to stay with manly on a lifetime deal worth $1.3 million yearly I think it's safe to assume now that the contract is way too much for what DCE offers. I wouldn't mind if the club offered DCE to any club that is willing to pay majority of the freight. We need to make cap space to sign value for money players.

For this week can we not have anyone talk about trading DCE to another club. There's no one out there that would pay most of the contract. End of.

Agree.

At the time of losing Foran and DCE signing with the Titans and then back flipping to stay with manly on a lifetime deal worth $1.3 million yearly I think it's safe to assume now that the contract is way too much for what DCE offers. I wouldn't mind if the club offered DCE to any club that is willing to pay majority of the freight. We need to make cap space to sign value for money players.

I don’t want him sacked but yes his contract is a nightmare for us. On his day Daly is capable of controlling a whole game he just isn’t doing it consistently enough for my liking.

There aren’t a lot of alternatives out there as pointed out. He needs to start owning this team as he is capable of. Defensively I think he does but in attack we need him more than ever.

I don’t want him sacked but yes his contract is a nightmare for us. On his day Daly is capable of controlling a whole game he just isn’t doing it consistently enough for my liking.

There aren’t a lot of alternatives out there as pointed out. He needs to start owning this team as he is capable of. Defensively I think he does but in attack we need him more than ever.

And thats where he fails. Short kicking game is paramount when Turbo is out since Manly need more time in the opposition 10 metres to score that try. Let's be clear DCE has played nearly 10 years of 1st grade and looks to be going backwards not forwards in his game development and is on a hefy salary meaning we can't sign very good players until his contract ends. That's why I thought the idea of letting him go would be ideal but what club is going to pay the majority of that contract? I just can't see us winning a premiership with DCE leading the team unfortunately.

On his day Daly is capable of controlling a whole game he just isn’t doing it consistently enough for my liking.

It is the consistency that is missing.
If a million for 25 games is an average of 40K value per game and that would satisfy most
we are getting more like 5 x 80k games 5 x 60k games 15 x 20k games

It is the consistency that is missing.
If a million for 25 games is an average of 40K value per game and that would satisfy most
we are getting more like 5 x 80k games 5 x 60k games 15 x 20k games
Or on a similar scale , a club's highest paid player and as a key or expected role as a play maker should be able to produce close to an 8 out of 10 performance on a regular basis .

I'm afraid we look like the Barrett years. Lack of direction, lack of game plan, lack of leadership , lack of speed. This squad isn't premiership material.Last year was an aberration. Now we're seeing the true ability of this squad. This is not a premiership squad and never will be.

Evans $1300000
Foran $1200000
Hunt $1200000
Johnson $1000000
Milford $1000000
Taylor $1000000
Pearce $1000000
Morgan $1000000
Cleary $1000000
Brooks $900000
Munster $900000
Moses $800000
Reynolds $750000
Wighton $750000
Keary $733333
Nikorima $500000

Daly is the incumbent QLD and Aus halfback I’d be happy to have him over most. Looking at that list though is he worth more than $1000000? I don’t think he is good enough to play a fill in half next to him. That $300000 could of been a nice upgrade for a 6 or 9.

Yeah just not sold on roster myself we will make 8 that's it. So reliant on tommy T just ride on his back. It will take Des years to dissect.
The hooker issue is like a sore thumb. We so predictable in attack. Young cust took line on yes he got some crap passing in game but he has a crack.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4