For this week can we please

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kick in-goal and get some bloody repeat sets. You just never know we might actually score a try!
Good post and solid point....if there is an area that needs much improvement its this.
Have been a long time fan of DCE along with many higher rated pundits who choose the representative teams and backed him on giving his all, even when not playing at his best, but this area needs much gain.
There are a few issues including the setup to kick has been ordinary, the chase players in a z formation and the kicks...well tbh have often hit opposition players instead of grass.
I reckon it's a key area Des will have worked on since Sunday and your on the money!!

Let’s face it our fifth tackle options have been piss poor all year.

How many points do we give away from kicks into the corners v how many do we score from our own kicks into the corners.

Basically it’s “ pass it to Turbo and see what he can do”.

Sorry to be blunt but it’s not far from the truth.

Working on a international standard player with 10 years experience‘s kicking game in the middle of a season is absurd. I’m not saying it isn’t needed, but the fact it has to happen is what’s absurd

dont know what has happened to him, but his entire game has gone backwards and it started last year. It’s like he stopped trying to improve and just wants to protect himself and play origin. I’m really pissed off at his attitude and application

Our weakness is that has not been one try from a kick all season and we have conceded 9 tries. A team is judged by its kick and chase and our last tackle kick options are ineffective and if we are to compete with the top teams consistently we need that to really improve.

G'day all,We did actually force an in goal repeat on Sunday,think it was DCE,happy to be corrected if wrong.Net result ball gets lost by player running drop out back and Sharks go down and score in ensuing set.Sometimes it's just not your day.
cheers mike

G'day all,We did actually force an in goal repeat on Sunday,think it was DCE,happy to be corrected if wrong.Net result ball gets lost by player running drop out back and Sharks go down and score in ensuing set.Sometimes it's just not your day.
cheers mike
I'm sure you're right mike. Also in the Canberra match I think the stats showed at one stage repeat sets 3-0 to Manly.
The surrendering with the ball must be coached to reduce the 7 tackles for the opposition.
I agree we need to challenge more on tackle 5 though. Other teams are doing it with great effect against Manly.
Sadly we lack giant wingers. Everybody else seems to have a carbon copy of them. I think they're produced in a giant winger factory and Manly can't afford to shop there. Funa has some potential as his game experience develops.

I'm sure you're right mike. Also in the Canberra match I think the stats showed at one stage repeat sets 3-0 to Manly.
The surrendering with the ball must be coached to reduce the 7 tackles for the opposition.
I agree we need to challenge more on tackle 5 though. Other teams are doing it with great effect against Manly.
Sadly we lack giant wingers. Everybody else seems to have a carbon copy of them. I think they're produced in a giant winger factory and Manly can't afford to shop there. Funa has some potential as his game experience develops.

To me it's a lot of factors but going back to when Snake played we kicked for him just like we do now for Turbo, we've never been a team that has gone for the crossfield kick for the corner.
Whether we have Jorge, Vunivalu or Tupou I just don't think it's in Des' style to "bomb the corner" which contributes to DCE's critics but if he doesn't follow the game plan then what?
We're obviously coached to set up a certain way and kicking to the corners doesn't look like it's on the agenda.

Working on a international standard player with 10 years experience‘s kicking game in the middle of a season is absurd. I’m not saying it isn’t needed, but the fact it has to happen is what’s absurd

dont know what has happened to him, but his entire game has gone backwards and it started last year. It’s like he stopped trying to improve and just wants to protect himself and play origin. I’m really pissed off at his attitude and application
Since 2015 he has had myth patches.. i remember it well. We played the raiders and cherry got 5 or 6 try assists and Brandy said have you ever seen a half play this good!!! After that game he dropped off. After foran left he dropped off badly.. had a good year with green. Then the next year 2nd last. Pretty solid last year but had many headless chook moments. Played well origin. This year has been about 4.5 out of 10. Cant really recall his best game. Maybe the roosters game but i cant remember the game.

To me it's a lot of factors but going back to when Snake played we kicked for him just like we do now for Turbo, we've never been a team that has gone for the crossfield kick for the corner.
Whether we have Jorge, Vunivalu or Tupou I just don't think it's in Des' style to "bomb the corner" which contributes to DCE's critics but if he doesn't follow the game plan then what?
We're obviously coached to set up a certain way and kicking to the corners doesn't look like it's on the agenda.
We used to kick for jamie Lyon all the time. The tap back produced many a try

That's true, Nicci, but both wingers scored very good tries.
Wingers are really the least of our problems. We need to sort the spine out before we worry about fancy extras like wingers:)

That's true, Nicci, but both wingers scored very good tries.
Wingers are really the least of our problems. We need to sort the spine out before we worry about fancy extras like wingers:)
Agree. Jorge finishes well and is a cracking tackler. Reuben has speed when free running. Funa shows potential and scored a great try at the end of last week.
Giant jumping wingers are an asset to any team though.
If somebody kicks to them.:p

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4