For the speed freaks ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Regardless of stats, I have Saab clearly the fastest player in the NRL and Koula in the Top batch following....I think these speeds of top speed miss the mark as many players have blinding acceleration over 20m - 30m but then get hit by a sniper and are on the treadmill.
I know personally as could run down and run around state runners over 20m - 30m yet by 40m - 50m level up...and if I raced them over 100m would get slogged by 10m - 15m, heck maybe 20m....making my time from an olympian judging the 40m reduce into someone who is just fast over the 100m, so the theory of Top speeds is important and accurate, but does not always add up..

Last edited:
Just know that Saab , koula , Turbo and Garrick are damm quick when in the open or speed of the mark, surely amongst the quickest or in the top bracket in the League Comparative stats are always interesting but having that quartet available and at their best in the Manly back line will do me.

Here are the same stats in image form
fastest.jpg

Due to early signings & increased professionalism, NRL players haven't have had dual careers as track athletes as did players in the past, e.g. Ken Irvine, Mike Cleary, John McDonald. Being a star school boy sprinter, Koula probably has the fastest recorded 100 metres in the NRL. The average speed of his 10.58 was 34.02 kph. All types of speed conversions available here:

Roger Fabri on Fastest NRL Players

Renowned Australian sprint coach Roger Fabri has made a big call on the title of ‘Fastest man in the NRL’ while also claiming Josh Addo-Carr has lost none of his pace since moving from Melbourne to Belmore.

According to the Telstra Tracker, Addo-Carr has only recorded the sixth-fastest speed in the NRL this year, but Fabri told the Daily Telegraph that the numbers only tell half the story.

“Those (Telstra) times don’t take the situation into consideration,” Fabri said.
“Things like whether or not they have the ball, the condition of the field and what stage of the game it was recorded (are ignored).

“But I think the biggest thing is that (Addo-Carr) just hasn’t had a run long enough for him to reach his maximum speed.

“You need at least 50 metres to reach maximum velocity, and even then it might not reached if they’re looking for an offload or changing direction.”

Though Addo-Carr’s numbers might get a boost after his massive involvement against the Titans on Sunday, Fabri is certain there’s only one NRL speedster who could touch the magical 40km/h mark.

“(Jason) Saab is no question the fastest man in the league,” said Fabri. He hasn’t actually had an opportunity to really open up, but this year he’s already clocked 37.4km/h. He’s perfectly built for speed.”

Fabri also said that if anyone was likely to overthrow Saab as the league’s optimal pacemaker, the challenge would come from teammate Tolutau Koula, who ran 100m in 10.58 seconds as a 17-year-old.

“(Koula) has had to put on a lot of weight to play football, so I think he would have lost speed. His body will have to get used to carrying that weight before you see him run times like that again.”

Fabri's Five Fastest

1. Saab
2. JAC
3. Koula
4. Savage
5. Hammer

Dom Young (Newcastle) has 2022's fastest top speed so far. When chasing Saab (didn't get him of course) at Brookie a couple of weeks back he matched Saab's best when he hit 38 km/h.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7