for the guys who are footy club members and dont go to mwse.com.au

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
If you are a football club member and you are unhappy with the way we are being represented at board level by Phillip Dean and Kerry Sibraa put your name here.
So then going forward we can get the 40 signitures and have this extraordinary football club meeting and demand some answers or even pass a motion of No condifence in the current football club board.

Just a quick recap of their disgraceful actions so far
* They voted against renewing CEO Grant Mayer's contract, this is a man who without a doubt has been the best adminstrator this club has seen since Arko himself. A ceo who in the middle of a Global Econmic crisis has secured 2 multi million dollar sponsorship arrangements for the club. Not an easy task when we are in the NRLs most saturated market.
* Wouldn't give Des Hasler a contract extension more than one year and have now embrassed themselves by wanting to include Key Performance Indicators in his next contract.
*As part of the Delmege faction (as published in todays Sunday Telegraph) will look to sack lifemember and Manly Icon Peter "Zorba" Peters at the next board meeting.

Enough is Enough please post your real name not user name below.

Cliffy, where do you go to renew memberships?  Can it be done online?  I will go and renew the one I let lapse when I took up Screaming Eagles membership.

And then I'm in.

Matabele link said:
Cliffy, where do you go to renew memberships?  Can it be done online?  I will go and renew the one I let lapse when I took up Screaming Eagles membership.

And then I'm in.
leagues club tommorow

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=179235.msg207797#msg207797 date=1235268229]

And then I'm in.
leagues club tommorow
[/quote]  Que?  I'm not driving 800km to renew a $25 membership!

What could I possibly want to talk to you about Cliffy?  ;)

I don't like my chances of getting football club membership renewal via phone, but I will try.  All of this highlights how incredibly difficult it is to get and maintain membership, doesn't it.

It should be called the invisible membership - so much for buying back the club!

And therein lies one of the beefs with Mayer I would say - Screaming Eagles is far more successful and patronised.

Which makes the other under performing clowns bitter, and Max can't get his money back while it stays this way. 

Football club can be purchased via the leagues club either in person or by phone using a credit card (The 2 memberships were split at the start of 08 and as the Sea Eagles decided not to promote it or adminster it that is why there has been no apparent mention of it via the MWSE site)

In response to Cliffy's post above and to echo my reply on the official site"-

A week or so before the press started buzzing with the news about our club I picked up the George Pickens story “Never say die – The fight to save the Rabbitohs” from the local library (excellent read by the way...)

There is a heading to chapter 10 where George quotes the following passage from Matthew 12.25...I’m not a religious person per se but in light of the current situation I thought it worth sharing it with you...

“Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand”

Hmmmm...Let’s ponder that for a moment shall we in light of events not too many years ago?

Not only does it appear “No one likes  us...” but it now appears that we are getting close to not even liking ourselves!

I’ve purposely stayed away from comment on the various public forums for a number of reasons even though as a FC member, season ticket/screaming eagle member and a member of the Leagues club I have had representation made on my behalf by the various entities that make up the Sea Eagles board.

As such I have made a point of speaking to the various people who have had an influence on some of the decisions made to question and understand them and encourage others to do the same rather than basing their opinions or points of view on various media reports and the ill informed or emotive ramblings of people on these sites.

It is evident that there are a number of opposing views currently within our management teams but I would hope I’m right in thinking that all concerned have the best interests of the club and it’s players and supporters at heart and they should be left to sort out their differences without the constant analysis and influencing of the media

Both of the owners families have put enormous amounts of time, effort and money in to the survival and growth of our club and to be critical of their involvement or supposed motives (I think) shows a selfish disregard for their generosity – Yes it is obvious they have issues currently but they will sort it out, not us...leave them be and let’s not speculate and inflame the situation further?

Grant has proven to be a talented administrator and works the media circus well – More than anyone the boards of all three entities will be better informed of his results and future plans than any one individual who bases their knowledge on bits and pieces of heresay or media beat ups.

He has shown he can be a shrewd negotiator but also that he is a proud and head strong CEO – qualities that are certainly needed in the role he holds but which of course from time to time will lead to clashes with others of a similar nature.

For whatever reason there are members of the groups that make up the board who are not comfortable currently with some aspects moving forward. I’m sure both parties will no doubt be appreciative of being left to work on things without the current muck raking and conjecture or their phones constantly ringing with every hack journalist looking for a story and relishing the fact that they premiers are in the news for the wrong reasons.

We would be wise to let them work things out and desist from adding to the growing factionalism that is evident from posts like this.

The Football Club membership and its board has been derided and criticised by many in the past but as others have astutely pointed out it is a vital governor in the direction of our club.

Membership is not a “closed shop” and can be purchased via the Leagues club either in person or by phone with a credit card.

Mention of a move of ground has been bandied about but as anyone with any knowledge of the constitution of the club knows this is dependant upon an agreement from the Football Club – Those of you who have relinquished your membership or those that chose not to spend $25 a year are well within your rights but that of course takes away your right to question or influence decisions made by the FC board

I understand that there may be some FC members who are unsure as to why things have panned out in the last couple of weeks and if that is the case do as I have and contact your board of directors to ask?

To suggest that the FC board especially the likes of Kerry Sibraa, Geoff Toovey and Peter O’Dwyer would let personal agendas influence their decision making to the detriment of the club is a sad indictment and shows how uninformed or what little thought has been put in to some of the various posts that I have read.

So rather than form break away groups and lynch parties I’d suggest that we sit back and concentrate on supporting our club, let’s stop inflaming the situation further and see what happens in the coming weeks?

(Sorry – Cliffy, I know you are posting this for the right reasons and know you are a passionate and well intentioned supporter but it’s a NO from me in answer to your post)

I reckon one of the 1st things that needs to happen is the board needs to reconsider and extend Grant mayers contract

vidmar link said:
To suggest that the FC board especially the likes of Kerry Sibraa, Geoff Toovey and Peter O’Dwyer would let personal agendas influence their decision making to the detriment of the club is a sad indictment and shows how uninformed or what little thought has been put in to some of the various posts that I have read.
Hey Vid firstly WCC isnt gonna be the same with out you there bud.

BAck on the subject, I've never questioned the ethics of Toovey or O'Dwyer my issue isnt with them, my issue is with Phil Dean , Sibraa and a lesser extent Reilly they are the ones who have alligned themselves with one owner, they are the ones who have voted not to extend grants contract, they are the ones who want to place KPI's in Haslers contract and they are the ones as mentioned in todays paper who will side with max and sack Zorba.

WHY?
WHY?
WHY?
That is the million dollar question.

Vidmar, I agree with your last paragraph.  Let them all fight it out at the board level and not in the Telecrap.  Purchase a seasons ticket, join the FC and sit back and enjoy 09.  Back to back premierships.  Cliffy, just put the drum away.  Go Manly.

Cliffy - would love to get over there and am deeply envious (can't make it as it's young Sam's birthday the day before so I either miss that or take him and his sister over with me and all of a sudden it is a $10K trip.)

Will catch up with you in QLD soon to get all the gory details!
Re the FC voting - The point I was making that Phil Dean and Kerry would be voting on tbe consensus of the FC board so the Telegraph article was shooting the messenger (Neither he nor Kerry would be able to carry the vote of the FC board alone?)

Re Why....Call Bob Reilly and ask him?

Safe travels mate and have a great trip
Vidmar

The only reason i would see the want or need for KPIs in Dessies contract woujld be for complacency.

vidmar link said:
Re Why....Call Bob Reilly and ask him?

If it's that easy, why doesn't he issue a simple statement - that's all that is being asked for.

Or perhaps he doesn't want to issue something to folk that don't take everything at face value?

Zep link said:
The only reason i would see the want or need for KPIs in Dessies contract woujld be for complacency.

complacency from the guy that was back at work the morning after the grand final?

Yeah I see that happening.

vidmar link said:
Football club can be purchased via the leagues club either in person or by phone using a credit card (The 2 memberships were split at the start of 08 and as the Sea Eagles decided not to promote it or adminster it that is why there has been no apparent mention of it via the MWSE site)

In response to Cliffy's post above and to echo my reply on the official site\"-

A week or so before the press started buzzing with the news about our club I picked up the George Pickens story “Never say die – The fight to save the Rabbitohs” from the local library (excellent read by the way...)

There is a heading to chapter 10 where George quotes the following passage from Matthew 12.25...I’m not a religious person per se but in light of the current situation I thought it worth sharing it with you...

“Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand”

Hmmmm...Let’s ponder that for a moment shall we in light of events not too many years ago?

Not only does it appear “No one likes  us...” but it now appears that we are getting close to not even liking ourselves!

I’ve purposely stayed away from comment on the various public forums for a number of reasons even though as a FC member, season ticket/screaming eagle member and a member of the Leagues club I have had representation made on my behalf by the various entities that make up the Sea Eagles board.

As such I have made a point of speaking to the various people who have had an influence on some of the decisions made to question and understand them and encourage others to do the same rather than basing their opinions or points of view on various media reports and the ill informed or emotive ramblings of people on these sites.

It is evident that there are a number of opposing views currently within our management teams but I would hope I’m right in thinking that all concerned have the best interests of the club and it’s players and supporters at heart and they should be left to sort out their differences without the constant analysis and influencing of the media

Both of the owners families have put enormous amounts of time, effort and money in to the survival and growth of our club and to be critical of their involvement or supposed motives (I think) shows a selfish disregard for their generosity – Yes it is obvious they have issues currently but they will sort it out, not us...leave them be and let’s not speculate and inflame the situation further?

Grant has proven to be a talented administrator and works the media circus well – More than anyone the boards of all three entities will be better informed of his results and future plans than any one individual who bases their knowledge on bits and pieces of heresay or media beat ups.

He has shown he can be a shrewd negotiator but also that he is a proud and head strong CEO – qualities that are certainly needed in the role he holds but which of course from time to time will lead to clashes with others of a similar nature.

For whatever reason there are members of the groups that make up the board who are not comfortable currently with some aspects moving forward. I’m sure both parties will no doubt be appreciative of being left to work on things without the current muck raking and conjecture or their phones constantly ringing with every hack journalist looking for a story and relishing the fact that they premiers are in the news for the wrong reasons.

We would be wise to let them work things out and desist from adding to the growing factionalism that is evident from posts like this.

The Football Club membership and its board has been derided and criticised by many in the past but as others have astutely pointed out it is a vital governor in the direction of our club.

Membership is not a “closed shop” and can be purchased via the Leagues club either in person or by phone with a credit card.

Mention of a move of ground has been bandied about but as anyone with any knowledge of the constitution of the club knows this is dependant upon an agreement from the Football Club – Those of you who have relinquished your membership or those that chose not to spend $25 a year are well within your rights but that of course takes away your right to question or influence decisions made by the FC board

I understand that there may be some FC members who are unsure as to why things have panned out in the last couple of weeks and if that is the case do as I have and contact your board of directors to ask?

So rather than form break away groups and lynch parties I’d suggest that we sit back and concentrate on supporting our club, let’s stop inflaming the situation further and see what happens in the coming weeks?

(Sorry – Cliffy, I know you are posting this for the right reasons and know you are a passionate and well intentioned supporter but it’s a NO from me in answer to your post)

A very smart reply to vidmar's post from MWSE:

Quote:

.... I have made a point of speaking to the various people who have had an influence on some of the decisions made to question and understand them and encourage others to do the same rather than basing their opinions or points of view on various media reports and the ramblings of people on these sites....

Handy that you have access to these folks. Not all of us do...which leaves us with the (voluminous & never-ending stream of) media reports

Quote:

... all concerned have the best interests of the club and it’s players and supporters at heart ....

I assumed that

Quote:

and they should be left to sort out their differences without the constant analysis and influencing of the media

Vidmar this part is the problem, there are more media quotes from Max today, they are not from us fans & members, they are from the principal players

Quote:

– Yes it is obvious they have issues currently but they will sort it out, not us...leave them be and let’s not speculate and inflame the situation further?

see above -it is not us inflaming the situation

Quote:

Grant has proven to be a great asset to the club....

yes he is popular here, that is one reason people are upset

Quote:

...I’m sure both parties will no doubt be appreciative of being left to work on things without the current muck raking and conjecture

but they are the ones raking the muck!!! that is the problem !!

Quote:

... or their phones constantly ringing

so you aren't really suggesting that each member pesters them for an individual explanation after all?

Quote:

We would be wise to let them work things out and desist from adding to the growing factionalism that is evident from threads like this.

to suggest the 'growing factionalism' is the result of forum discussion is...silly!

Quote:

Well you have spoken to them so I guess they have no qualms about responding individually to several hundred members.. Any how I shall take up the suggestion

Quote:

So rather than form break away groups and lynch parties I’d suggest that we sit back and concentrate on supporting our club...

actually you suggested we get explanations from the horses mouths

Quote:

... let’s stop inflaming the situation further

I repeat I do not agree that fans here have been repsonsible for 'inflaming the situation', we have merely been stumbling around in the dark, confused, worried & upset at the public slanging match being perpetrated by our owners, leaders, saviours and icons.

(apart from all that I liked your post Vidmar!)

Isn't Hasler contracted untill the end of 2011?

If he does well in 2011 surely he'll get another 3.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6