Footy Show - Andrew Johns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy link said:
Face facts - pretty much everyone is racist.

Is there anyone here who has never used a feature of someone be it fat, ranga, black, gook, skippy etc etc sometime at some stage in their life?
this is mostly true IMO
everyone has their prejudices, some make it more known than others.

as a young fella going to an all boys school, i used to be pretty bad with racism. wasn't until i experienced it myself i knew i had to change.
as i understood how it made me feel, why should i make anyone else feel like that. especially about their race (something at which no one has control over)
having kids of my own too and wanting to set a good example made me change my way of thinking too.
plus there is just no need to be racist, i think its weak.
and think i used to be a weak bloke for doing it, but am a better person now:)

The blokes I saw walking to Origin with the sign "Johns is a blue ****" should have been getting a visit from the coppers haha

Interesting interview on MMM tonight after the Newc/Slime game. Johns was totally apologetic and sincere in his apology, did not attempt to downplay the matter and accepted full responsibility for his wrong and racist actions. He was unreserved in his contrition. Yes, easy to do after the fact but he took ownership of his unacceptable behaviour. He admitted that he was racist and overstepped the mark, embarrassing himself, his family, the game etc. I have never been a fan but I grew in admiration of someone who faced up to the matter fair and square, admitted wrong behaviour and was in genuine admiration for Tahu for his stand. He also took responsibility to what it did to NSW and Origin. (It could have been scripted, but if so, I am a bad judge.)

Canteen Worker link said:
Interesting interview on MMM tonight after the Newc/Slime game. Johns was totally apologetic and sincere in his apology, did not attempt to downplay the matter and accepted full responsibility for his wrong and racist actions.

I liked the quotes attributed to Tahu's father in the weekend Herald. 

"He's apologised for drug using, he's apologised for this and apologised for that.  I'm sorry but when is he going to stop apologising for being an arsehole?"

Fair enough comment Mata but sometimes it takes a bigger man to 'fess up' to being an arsehole and owning ones stupidity. It is the first step to redemption (for want of a better word) to admit that one has done the wrong thing and needs to change. Listen to the MMM podcast and see what you think. (It could have been all orchestrated, but I was surprising impressed!)

Wow, an arsehole confessed......all is forgiven.  Now give us back our 97 ring you druggo. 

Luckily we don't have the death penalty in Australia.

Assuming he is genuine (and why wouldn't he be, he's been publicly shamed) then credit to Johns for acknowledging his mistakes. Look at where Johns is from, is it a surprise that he may have had some racist influences as he grew up?  And the same could be said for many of us, just look at Australia's short history for heavens sake!

Not much he can do now except say sorry and not it let happen again.

Of far greater concern is the number of people who continue to try to justify the terms Johns used, or try to argue that there is no problem.

So Johns borrowed the same script used by Matty. pffft.
On Tahu, why didn't he take a stand by pressing the NSW team officials to remove Johns without walking out of the camp? I can't see the selectors giving a person who walks because he didn't like something giving him another go. My preference would have been for him to take it up internally and if it wasn't resolved then to leave. Maybe that happened but I don't remember seeing it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4