Footy Legends - The Movie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ChuckWood

Reserve Grader
I had Thursday afternoon off work , so I decided to head down to Warriewood cinema to watch the new movie - Footy Legends.

When I paid my $15.00 admission , I didn't think that I would have the entire cinema to myself , but amazingly that was the case. ( my own private screening )

Ahn Do was the main star , but was joined by cameo appearances from Matt Johns , Andrew Voss , Peter Phelps , Adam Ritson , Brad Clyde , Brett Kenny , Gary Larson , Rod Wishart & The Legendary Cliffy Lyons. Cliffy had a non-speaking role but showed a couple of glimpses of "Cliffy Magic"

Even a couple of the Rockers got a small part in the film. ( ??? )

Not a great movie , but if anyone has a spare 90 mins or maybe one of their kids want to see it , it may be worthwhile. I expect it to be on the shelves at your local video / Dvd shop within a few weeks.

I had Thursday afternoon off work , so I decided to head down to Warriewood cinema to watch the new movie - Footy Legends.

When I paid my $15.00 admission , I didn't think that I would have the entire cinema to myself , but amazingly that was the case. ( my own private screening )

Ahn Do was the main star , but was joined by cameo appearances from Matt Johns , Andrew Voss , Peter Phelps , Adam Ritson , Brad Clyde , Brett Kenny , Gary Larson , Rod Wishart & The Legendary Cliffy Lyons. Cliffy had a non-speaking role but showed a couple of glimpses of \"Cliffy Magic\"

Even a couple of the Rockers got a small part in the film. ( ??? )

Not a great movie , but if anyone has a spare 90 mins or maybe one of their kids want to see it , it may be worthwhile. I expect it to be on the shelves at your local video / Dvd shop within a few weeks.
That is a sensational review. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I figured as much, seams like an ordinary comedian trying to make a quick buck out of footy and boost his profile.

A classic B grade movie.

Tbh, the 2 critics on the Film Show gave it 3.5 stars and they have no interest in football. That's a great review by their standards, especially for a cliche sport movie with an all Australian cast.

I figured as much, seams like an ordinary comedian trying to make a quick buck out of footy and boost his profile.

A classic B grade movie.

You're only saying that because he's Vietnamese.

Tbh, the 2 critics on the Film Show gave it 3.5 stars and they have no interest in football. That's a great review by their standards, especially for a cliche sport movie with an all Australian cast.

Hmmm, that is a fair statement to be honest. That's what I was thinking all along...people who didn't nderstand or appreciate football wouldn't enjoy the movie, because it caters to such a niche market audience....what you say does make a difference then.

We are going to see this movie tonite. I have heard and read a couple of different reviews which were positive about the movie.

As a regular film goer it appears that some people expect a Hollwoood Blockbuster every time they attend the cinema.

[quote author=byso]

A classic B grade movie.

You're only saying that because he's Vietnamese.
[/quote]

Really and how did you figure that out? :roll:

I made no mention of his race, as that doesn't concern me.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2