Footy : Hypothetical

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
Being a WCC year decided this is the question to ask if you were good enough to play NRL footy on a regular basis and were a good player ie Jake Friend level (- gun player but won't get a look in while Smith is there) and were eligible to play for another Country for those not aware these are the rules - heritage rule (ie I would be eligible for England, New Zealand and Ireland via grandparents thank god it doesn't go further you could add Scotland, Spain and another to that list), if you've lived in the country for 3 years, taken citizenship but a gun player was in your position would you play for someone else?

A few of these Countries play a few more tests then the big three ie European Countries play minimum 3 times a year.

Me, myself - I'd play for Ireland and commit to play for them year in year out.

They relax the eligibility rules every World Cup otherwise it'd be a farce. Jarryd Hayne played for Fiji at the last one and is now repping the Aussies.

Of course you'd play for a second tier nation if you didn't get your first choice. Free trip to England, extra cash in the skyrocket, chance to hit the cans with the boys....It has no effect on your representative career post World Cup anyway.

Chip and Chase said:
They relax the eligibility rules every World Cup otherwise it'd be a farce. Jarryd Hayne played for Fiji at the last one and is now repping the Aussies.

Of course you'd play for a second tier nation if you didn't get your first choice. Free trip to England, extra cash in the skyrocket, chance to hit the cans with the boys....It has no effect on your representative career post World Cup anyway.

Yes and no. Free trip to England - the nrl part of the Italian squad are playing for free to boost RL in Italy (not taking match payments)
I mean say if you were a young fullback and you've got Slater and Inglis in front of you would you go buggar it and play for the minnows?

Lol I love hypotheticals ;)

Hypothetically if my aunty had a penis would that make her my uncle :D

No. My grandfather was a Pom and came out here when he was 17, so absolutely no affinity with the place.

I have no ties to the U.S.A but entertained the idea (when i was 20) of moving there to play footy. I'd play for the Tomahawks i reckon!

They have to relax the rules otherwise there would only be 3 countries in it.

Say what you will about soccer but their World Cup is truly that. A hundred nations are cut from the tournament. Davis Cup is the same. Only so many nations are in the world group.

But to answer the hypothetical. I'd play for Greece, if they had a team as long as I get all the free souvlaki I can eat.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4