Footballers, athletes, club men

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

R3

Bird gang affiliate
Every year the game likes to make a few tweaks to keep the game exciting for the fans. Each year a club will train players in new positions or less familiar positions to try and get the best out of that player and help him discover his best position.

Some players spend their Career trying to find their best position.
They often become the journeymen of Rugby League

To give some examples;

Moses Mbye
Connor Watson
Kurt Mann
Ben Hampton
Jack Bird
Tyrone Peachey
Tyrone May

Jeez even going back to Tim Moltzen..

Or recently perhaps Dylan Walker.

Every team has at least a few of these utility players that don’t have an obvious best spot in the top 17, but they’re selected none the less.
Which players surprised you in a position you never expected?
Which players regular selections perplex you?

Who among that list above do you see having an obvious best position, but they don’t get an opportunity there?

Other examples of players who regularly have a different number on their back each week?

Cheers

The way I see it is utility players that have the ability to play a number of positions are skillful players

Some of those players would slot straight into the starting side of a suitable team

Nothing surprises me with coaches selection ay more

• 👍
Reactions: R3
A lot of backs were fullbacks in the juniors. Makes sense, the best player is often put at fullback, and the best players are the ones that make it. They don’t all end up being fullbacks in nrl.

• 🤝
I've always thought that Jorge Tafua was a back in a forwards body. Likewise for Moses Suli.

• 👍
One of the best I can think of was Shaun Berrigan, played centre, 5/8 and half, and won the Clive Churchill playing at hooker.
Mitch Aubusson could play well either forward or backs. I think Matt Geyer played a variety of spots too.
I can't think who Manly's greatest ever utility could be. Des could be a contender?

One of the best I can think of was Shaun Berrigan, played centre, 5/8 and half, and won the Clive Churchill playing at hooker.
Mitch Aubusson could play well either forward or backs. I think Matt Geyer played a variety of spots too.
I can't think who Manly's greatest ever utility could be. Des could be a contender?
His debut for NSW would lock him in

Des is certainly a contender!

Lance Hohaia covered 1-7 + 9 pretty well for the warriors and kiwis

Alan Tongue became really versatile by the second half of his career

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8