Football Manager comparison

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
The Queensland Reds have appointed a new high performance manager.

http://www.sportsnews.com.au/news.php?extend.4683

Sure sounds a bit more impressive than our "Football Manager" who can tip the Melbourne Cup in reverse and donates to the TAB accordingly.

"Football manager" would be the closest we have to that description. I guess there's no way we could apply "high performance" to it.

This bloke seems to also have Scout and recruitment in his JD, so elements of Crusher's job too.

Matabele, i must intervene here mate. Football Manager has nothing to do with High Performance manager. Our Football Manager is in charge of player's affairs - eg; who gets an interview with which media, where they sleep on trips, what's the bus company they use, etcetera.

At Manly, the Football Manager and Media Manager roles have been combined somewhat - some would say to a worrying effect as they are quite different roles requiring very different qualifications.

The closest thing our club has to a High Performance Manager would be a combination of Crusher, in terms of player talent identification, and Des, who consults with doctors and the like at Narrabeen Sports Centre to find out where the players are lacking or excelling physically and mentally.

Our contract negotiations are handled by the CEO, who is advised by the coach and retention committee.

You have been mis-informed if you think our Football Manager has elements of Crusher's job - Crusher does his job and does it well, but our FM acts as a club spokesman in the media.

Should he comment about player retention or High Performance activities, it is because he has been contacted by the media and gives a direct quote from himself, similar to a spokesman of any company.

Personally, i do not blame you for mixing up who does what at the club since the position titles are a bit mixed thus ambiguous for supporters. It would be good of them to clear it all up rather than tie a bunch of them together with a broad title.

Daniel, can you remove Team OEE from my username?

Haig,

can I change your username?

So who is responsible for getting media coverage for the new sponsors that have come on board recently?

I cannot believe that a high profile company like Strathfield could be happy with the fan fair the new sponsorship received.

I'd say the marketing manager Mata, who was a Mr Tony Mestrov last time i checked...although there was another bloke involved whose name currently escapes.

Would help to have these lads mentioned on the website.

dan, yeah, can you change my username to just Haig Kayserian or should i create a new one?

byso, what do you mean by fan fair regarding strathfield?

i can change it to Haig Kayserian - sportsnews.com.au if you want

Haig - it seems as if the three year sleeve sponsorship by Dairy Farmers has been dropped after 1 year and we are being sponsored by Strathfield Car Radios instead.

Not sure what has happened with Dairy Farmers!!

thanks dan.

cw, seems strange to just drop a sponsorship unless we're protesting about dairy farmers increasing the price of milk...which i doubt...

even in our sponsors' list, dairy farmers has been replaced by strathfield.

chances are there was an option to pull out from either end - from our end; if a better offer came along OR from their end; if it wasn;t working out.

hopefully the former.

That's where I think the reality is - I'd say we have a better offer on the table. That's not really something you advertise either, whereas if Manly withdrew it's association with The Eagles, of vice versa, it would have been made public.

true, chances are a better offer came, and as per the contract, dairy farmers had an opprtunity to match or better it, but chose not to.

Regardless, if you were a sponsor would you be particularly pleased about hard core fans being in the dark about your sponsorship of their team.

Let alone the realisation that the wider community is completely ignorant of the fact?

I wouldn't exactly call that "bang for buck".

I'd say the marketing manager Mata, who was a Mr Tony Mestrov last time i checked...although there was another bloke involved whose name currently escapes.

Would help to have these lads mentioned on the website.

Tony Mestrov is no longer Manly's marketing manager. He is working for one of the clubs sponsors.

It was Phiip Dean but he didn't last very long either.

I guess people get tired of operating with their hands tied.

Maybe they get frustrated when they try to introduce people to the club that are willing to bring along substantial sponsorship and run into brick walls.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4