Football Club Membership Renewal - My Experience 02 Feb 2006

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ChuckWood

Reserve Grader
This afternoon , I drove from my work place in St Leonards & arrived at Manly Leagues Club at 5.45pm to renew my Football Club Membership for season 2006.

When I stated my intention at the front counter , I was told that they were out of membership forms & should have more arriving in the next day or 2. Unimpressed , I returned to my car & realised that I had a form in the glove box of my car. I returned to the front desk & completed the form & handed the lady my $80.00 ( cash ) . After the lady had co-signed my application & placed it & cash in an envelope , I kindly asked her for a receipt for my transaction. She said , "sorry , I don't have anything to give to you , but you'll receive your membership benefits in the mail in a few weeks time"

I'm more than happy to part with $80.00 for membership renewal , but was hoping for a bit more professionalism . The Club needs to do the little things right to earn some credibility.

A mate of mine , who attends all games with me isn't renewing this year due to the secrecy surrounding the Penn deal & after todays experience , I can hardly blame him.

I went to the leagues club this week to renew my membership and buy season tickets for myself and the kids.

They told me that I could do it on the spot if I went to the football club at Narrabeen which I did. Everything was handled by a great young guy (Dan i think his name was) who couldn't have been more helpful.

I suggest that everyone go straight to narrabeen in future rather than the leagues club who don't really want to know about football club memberships etc as they don't process them.

I would not go to the leagues club to renew my football club membership, I would go to the football club. The leagues club should be more organised but does not surprise me.

Should have known better :D

just looked on mse and u can now renew online and pay. :clap: should encourage more people to join.

I renewed today by Fax (after hours) and it was easy to do. I just used the form they posted to me late last year.

My guess is that staff at the Leagues Club have been given the job but don't share the same level of commitment as do the staff of the Football Club. The membership staff should pass this feedback to the Leagues Club as it is essential that the 'front face' of the whole operation is customer friendly.

I work in a service based industrya and am in the front line and am sometimes disappointed in the ownership of aspects of things by other staff.

This afternoon , I drove from my work place in St Leonards & arrived at Manly Leagues Club at 5.45pm to renew my Football Club Membership for season 2006.

When I stated my intention at the front counter , I was told that they were out of membership forms & should have more arriving in the next day or 2. Unimpressed , I returned to my car & realised that I had a form in the glove box of my car. I returned to the front desk & completed the form & handed the lady my $80.00 ( cash ) . After the lady had co-signed my application & placed it & cash in an envelope , I kindly asked her for a receipt for my transaction. She said , \"sorry , I don't have anything to give to you , but you'll receive your membership benefits in the mail in a few weeks time\"

I'm more than happy to part with $80.00 for membership renewal , but was hoping for a bit more professionalism . The Club needs to do the little things right to earn some credibility.

A mate of mine , who attends all games with me isn't renewing this year due to the secrecy surrounding the Penn deal & after todays experience , I can hardly blame him.

Oh i get it . That was a joke.

Penn now owns around 40% of the club.
Delmege owns around 40% of the club.
The other 20% is owned by around 3000 members

Why the hell does a person who owns about 0.03% of the club deserve to know what a 40 % share holder is paying?

Why would you give a **** anyway? Are you losing sleep?

Get a life.

Funny you should say that ... I caught up with my brother recently who joined up last year at the leagues club after the Storm game. He never received anything ie no cap, no card, no letters etc .... I told him to follow it up but he is too apathetic ...... I don't think he got a receipt either so I guess it is hard to follow up

Chuck I have forwarded this onto a friend of mine who's partner is heavily involved in the membership side of things.

Alan Webster reads Silvertails regulary, so I am sure he will take it up but to be sure send an email to him at the club. He is trying to change a lot of things & attitudes that have been in place for many years. It takes time but if he knows he can take action.

The Leagues club are apathetic to a lot things about the football club eg they have never recognised football club members discount for mechandise etc purchased at the leagues club. Surely the 2 organisations are close enough to provide mutual arrangements.

Tookey - I didn't know you were a season ticket holder - where do you sit?

just looked on mse and u can now renew online and pay. :clap: should encourage more people to join.

Just used it - found very easy and straight forward

Simply your details, membership number if you have one and what membership you want (click the box), then pay

Well done

Alan Webster reads Silvertails regulary, so I am sure he will take it up but to be sure send an email to him at the club. He is trying to change a lot of things & attitudes that have been in place for many years. It takes time but if he knows he can take action.

The Leagues club are apathetic to a lot things about the football club eg they have never recognised football club members discount for mechandise etc purchased at the leagues club. Surely the 2 organisations are close enough to provide mutual arrangements.

Tookey - I didn't know you were a season ticket holder - where do you sit?

With Ralph in the Jane try stand.

I never needed a season ticket for NSO as there was usually lots of room (except when they played manly). But the crowds are much bigger at brookie (and should be even more so this year).

Because my work is a lot after hours and on weekends I needed something where if necessary I could come in a few minutes before the game and get a decent seat.

an email to club management may help, then again they might not read it either, suggest you ring 2ky when zorba gets back and have it out with him on the air

an email to club management may help, then again they might not read it either, suggest you ring 2ky when zorba gets back and have it out with him on the air
:lol: :lol: :lol: That is sure to happen!!! :bdh:

Thanks for your feedback guys ( excluding The Fonz-FOOL)

As previously mentioned , I'm more than happy to do what I can to support the club , but just expect a little more from the Club when it comes to looking after its supporters/members.

In hindsight , I should have gone down to Narrabeen , especially due to the fact that I live at Elanora ( 3 min drive from Narrabeen ) , but working at St Leonards makes it impossible for me to get there during office hours.

hey, we could get rid of delmege and penn, do a Souths and go it alone, our 80 bucks should see us right :D :lol:

i think our bottom line is this, without max, the club and penn we dont have a team, what can we do, just hope and support, penn doesnt have to reveal his amount, as if the board would give us up 4 a song, yet if we dont get his dough, we dont have a team, just hope that maxies etc have the club at heart

I note that on MSE I am still listed as a non-member though I sent my fax in a day or two ago.

I wonder how long it takes them to process them and then make the changes to allow membership privileges again.

My hope is that they are so unindated in membership matters that they do not have time to go and do that immediately.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2