Football Club function - round 3

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
All Football Club members and former players are invited to meet at the Sports Bar at the Leagues Club from 12.00 noon prior to the round 3 game at Brookie v the Knights.

This is also a great opportunity for new members to meet Directors, players and other members prior to heading to the game.

For more information about the "Sea Eagles family" and the Football Club see here:

http://www.silvertails.net/supporters/48-mw-football-club/5371-membership-information

You can join on the day at the reception at the Leagues Club ($25) or avoid game day queues by joining in advance - see here

http://www.manlyleagues.com.au/docs/football-club-application.pdf

Hope to see some of you there

I'd say the players should be more focused on the game, than meeting members to get their first up victory of the year.

I know that sounds mean, but if I were a player, I know "meeting the fans" when your backs are against the wall - and lets face it, the ship will be heading south, would be the last thing I'd want to do.

Imagine having to face Shane, before The Knights at Brooky.

Sorry for any confusion Ryan, "players" mention was a continuation of "former players" not "Current players" who will (of course) be busy pre-game.

Mind you, There are plenty on here who reckon they have the skills to pick the team and motivate them above and beyond what the current coaching staff can do so might have merit? - Face the fans pre and post game and go for the "Total accountability" angle...Hmmm...interesting...

Unlike you i rate most of our team,T Rex is the only one i think could do with a pure adrenaline injection before any game
They will make the 8,i bet my left nut on it

Also i think we need to lose Mauro,he done nothing after 1 1st grade game,i wish the roosters would take him....and a few others in our squad of 25

Shane link said:
Unlike you i rate most of our team,T Rex is the only one i think could do with a pure adrenaline injection before any game

Also i think we need to lose Mauro,he done nothing after 1 1st grade game,i wish the roosters would take him....and a few others in our squad of 25

You can't hate on Vic. He's the balls.
A good, solid, local boy toiler. We've always had these players floating between 1st grade & reserve grade.
He's been good this year (in all two games I've seen him play). He's not in my top 17 but good to have there. Better than Deadwood.

Duff link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=186929.msg324526#msg324526 date=1300450806]

A good, solid, local boy toiler. We've always had these players floating between 1st grade & reserve grade.
He's been good this year (in all two games I've seen him play). He's not in my top 17 but good to have there. Better than Deadwood.
[/quote]

Lets be fair, if we are seeing names like Mauro, Moorwood grace the field, we are truly struggling....

Duff link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=186929.msg324526#msg324526 date=1300450806]

[/quote]

Even Kimmorley was better than Deadwood and that says alot,i was wrong

brookiegreg link said:
Haven't checked my calendar yet Vid, is it next Sat or Sun?

Been a long off season Greg?
Next Sunday - 27th March - Knights at Brookie 3pm KO but pre-game catch up for FC members at the Leagues Club from 12 noon

How often are After-Match Football Club Functions held @ the MWSE Club?

And when no such functions are on, do some of the 1st grade players usually go to the club afterwards much?

I saw Jamie there only last Sat. night (and was stoked to congratulate him on the win, shake his hand, and he was kind enough to sign the back of my jersey - thanks mate.)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6