Football Club function Post-Sharks game round 5

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
Sunday April 11th sees the boys back at Fortress Brooky for a 2pm kick off.

To mark our first home game of the 2010 season the Football Club will be hosting a members function in the Leagues Club after the game.

A number of former players will be attending as part of a reunion so this will be an excellent chance to catch up with other members and also meet some of the legends of the club.

For those that wish to join or renew their membership of the Football Club see here

http://www.manlyleagues.com.au/manly-leagues-club.asp?cid=5

Who is the Football Club?
The Manly-Warringah District Rugby League Football Club first entered the first-grade competition in 1947.

For most of the last 60 or so years, the Football Club was the official owner of the team that participated in the NSWRL and ARL competitions.
In the last 10 years, with the Super League War, the Northern Eagles joint venture, and now the advent of private ownership with the Delmege & Penn families, who have brought so much to the Sea Eagles, a lot has changed!

But what hasn’t changed is this: The Football Club is 100% run by its members.

That means that it has an elected Board. Anyone who has been a member for the required time can vote in and stand for elections. Right now, we have a great Board, made up of passionate, life-long Manly fans from a variety of backgrounds, all volunteering their time to support the Sea Eagles.

What will the Football Club do over the next few years?

The Football Club wants members to continue their rightful place as part-owners of the Sea Eagles, so our #1 priority over the next 5 years is to fund the purchase of new shares in the NRL franchise.

This is not about buying back existing shares from the Penn & Delmege families. It’s actually about new capital that will help secure the financial future of the team. At the same time, the Football Club will work to preserve the things that we all care so passionately about: Brookvale Oval, our colours, our emblem and our name.

We’re not just about defending the great history & traditions of this Club. We want members to play a central role in the future of the Sea Eagles.

We have recently purchased 100,000 new shares in the Sea Eagles with our existing funds and our goal is to purchase even more over the next few years.

Again, we want to inject new capital, and help continue the rebirth of the Sea Eagles that we’ve seen over the past 6 years so your membership fees are vital in assisting us to do this.

What else does the Football Club do?

Supporting former players: The Football Club also exists to help support former Manly players. Working with the Men of League foundation, the Football Club will provide financial support to former players who are down on their luck. We also help get former players along to home games.

We’re also working to promote the Old Boys of Manly to keep the links between current fans and our history (Cliff Lyons as a member of the board plays a major part with this aspect).

Functions: the Football Club hosts a number of functions during the year for members, where former players get together with members. It gives you a great chance to meet the heroes of your youth, as well as talk about what’s happening with today’s stars.

For example, before the Titans game in 2009, we were joined by Max Krilich, Terry Randall, Cliffy Lyons and several other stars.

We’ll be doing more of this in 2010 for home games, in the new Sports Bar at the Leagues Club.

Sea Eagles History: working closely with the Leagues Club, the Football Club will manage the Sea Eagles memorabilia honouring our life members, our great players, and hosting the amazing memorabilia we’ve collected over the past 60+ years.

How does the Football Club relate to Sea Eagles season ticket membership?

Simple: they’re absolutely complementary to each other. Sea Eagles membership is a great program for supporters to get season tickets for Sea Eagles games, and show their support in the most tangible way possible.

We believe that everyone who can get to Sea Eagles games on a regular basis should show their support by buying a Sea Eagles ticket package!

You can join or renew your Sea Eagles package at the Sea Eagles website; we encourage you to do so today:

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/membership-season-tickets.asp

By joining the Football Club, along with purchasing tickets to games, merchandise, and your Sea Eagles package, you’re showing not only that you’re committed to the maroon & white.

You’re showing that you want to have a say in the future of the Sea Eagles, and that you’re willing to do something about it! By working together with our private owners and by injecting new capital into the Sea Eagles, your membership of the Football Club helps build a future every bit as bright as the last 60 years have been.

Re: Football Club function Pre-Sharks game round 5

Hey Vid,
What are the details of the function? Seriously considering making the trek up from Canberra with my boys......

Re: Football Club function Pre-Sharks game round 5

Goldie link said:
Hey Vid,
What are the details of the function? Seriously considering making the trek up from Canberra with my boys......

G'day mate,
I only got back from NZ late last night and found out this morning that due to the KO being 2.00pm that the FC function will be held at the leagues club immediately after the game.

There will be a designated area for the function so just check with the door staff when you enter the club?

I'll be there so let me know if you are making the trip and we can meet pre-game in the bistro (kid friendly) and I can bring that stuff for you?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2