Football club AGM

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Tonight, I attended the Football club AGM and it was a really good evening where we inducted Jamie Lyon and Matt Ballin as life members of the football club.

We learned about how the football club is fighting on behalf of the fans and members to keep the 10 games at Brookvale as per the constitution and it was reaffirmed that if the Sea Eagles owners intend to take extra games away from Brookvale, they must get permission from the Football club.

There was encouraging news about Brookvale oval being upgraded, in that Northern Beaches council is unanimously behind the proposal to upgrade the stadium, confirming the federal government funding and possible funding from the state government.

Unfortunately, there is still a division between the Football Club and the Sea Eagles owners and there is genuine regret that there is not unity.

There is still no news about the salary cup investigation and any potential penalties.

We discussed the Mitchell Pearce decision and the consensus was the club will be ok moving forward.

It was great to chat to Matty B after the meeting ended and he genuinely loves the club and misses the place. We have a chuckle about his face massage on Choc Whatmough when we played Parra at their stadium and he laughed about that and how he and Choc had a good laugh about it later, my thoughts were that you did to him what every Manly fan wanted to do at the time, lol!!

Jamie Lyon was not able to attend and his award was accepted by Beaver and it was so good to see how much a family the club is. We now have Alan Thompson on the board and he was a hero of the 70s and 80s.

The football club remains an independent body and separate from the Sea Eagles and will always be there to protect our brand, our colour and our home.

Being a member is a great opportunity to have your say, induct legends and feel a part of a history that is the fabric of our club.

There was lots of optimism about the clubs future and the Holden cup team were rightly feted by everyone for their outstanding efforts and the efforts of Trent Barrett and the first grade team in making the finals was acknowledged.

I recommend joining the Football club for a sum of $25 per year, it is well worth it!!

Tonight, I attended the Football club AGM and it was a really good evening where we inducted Jamie Lyon and Matt Ballin as life members of the football club.

We learned about how the football club is fighting on behalf of the fans and members to keep the 10 games at Brookvale as per the constitution and it was reaffirmed that if the Sea Eagles owners intend to take extra games away from Brookvale, they must get permission from the Football club.

There was encouraging news about Brookvale oval being upgraded, in that Northern Beaches council is unanimously behind the proposal to upgrade the stadium, confirming the federal government funding and possible funding from the state government.

Unfortunately, there is still a division between the Football Club and the Sea Eagles owners and there is genuine regret that there is not unity.

There is still no news about the salary cup investigation and any potential penalties.

We discussed the Mitchell Pearce decision and the consensus was the club will be ok moving forward.

It was great to chat to Matty B after the meeting ended and he genuinely loves the club and misses the place. We have a chuckle about his face massage on Choc Whatmough when we played Parra at their stadium and he laughed about that and how he and Choc had a good laugh about it later, my thoughts were that you did to him what every Manly fan wanted to do at the time, lol!!

Jamie Lyon was not able to attend and his award was accepted by Beaver and it was so good to see how much a family the club is. We now have Alan Thompson on the board and he was a hero of the 70s and 80s.

The football club remains an independent body and separate from the Sea Eagles and will always be there to protect our brand, our colour and our home.

Being a member is a great opportunity to have your say, induct legends and feel a part of a history that is the fabric of our club.

There was lots of optimism about the clubs future and the Holden cup team were rightly feted by everyone for their outstanding efforts and the efforts of Trent Barrett and the first grade team in making the finals was acknowledged.

I recommend joining the Football club for a sum of $25 per year, it is well worth it!!

I concur, they aren’t as powerful as they once were BUT I’m proud to be a member and have been for 15 years!

Thanks for the report! Much appreciated.

I hope Cliffy used my proxy form to good effect. :)

Thanks for the report! Much appreciated.

I hope Cliffy used my proxy form to good effect. :)
Cliffy even offered to pull on his boots if someone came up with 1 million for him :p

Beaver accepted Killer's award and conveyed Killer's thanks for the honour of being part of Manly's history.
Beaver said that as he was playing overseas when he was awarded his Life Membership, he jumped at the chance to express his own thanks at the honour :)

FC Life Membership is basically two nominations per year by any FC Member (so sign up).
10 years or 200 games is generally the basis for a nomination for Life Membership.

Whilst Baz submitted a Coach's review of the Season to go into the Annual Report, neither he nor Gorman attended. :cool:

As the Board pointed out, the FC invited entities/people to become part owners of the Manly Football Club and not the other way around @:cool:

Onward to 2018 now :clap:

Sounds like it was a positive night and maybe politics is starting to subside for the greater good.

One day I will attend one of these.

How do we get a copy of the annual report these days ?? You used to be able to download from website but their web presence now is bare bones to say the least.

Thanks for the update. I was nearly going to let my membership slip by but you have spurred me to renew.

I wish i could sign up for 10 years at a time as i'll never let this one slip.

If more people would join up then it sends a message to the penns and zorba about how passionate we are about retaining our history, colours, ground etc.

This is the only place where we do have a voice.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8