Football Club AGM and Life Member proposal - Mr Steven Menzies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
vidmar link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=182146.msg247729#msg247729 date=1261102380]
He's not that old :)

I know Fro but he's trying hard to be?
[/quote] Thanks for the inspiration vid.

SEA Eagles great Steve Menzies was unanimously voted in as a life member of Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club on Thursday night.

Menzies was not there to except the life membership but his father, Jim, proudly accepted it on his behalf.

Menzies is the 54th life member of the club. The Sea Eagles legend is currently playing for Bradford in the English Super League, his second season there following his departure from Manly at the end of the 2008 NRL premiership triumph.

Former premiership-winning five-eighth Cliff Lyons was also voted on as a director of the football club, replacing Geoff Toovey, while Kerry Sibraa retired after five years, with Bob Stevenson taking his place.

Football club chairman Bob Reilly was also re-appointed for a further two years, unopposed.

Meanwhile, Manly CEO Graham Lowe has had a stent inserted into his chest and is recovering at his Auckland home.

The 63-year-old will move into his Warriewood home on December 31.

Manly Daily

will that make Bob the only footy club board member to be sitting on the hill each game.

A shame its not the leagues club, then we could get rid of the bloke who kicks me out every night after the game for sitting down and chatting with my friends, even the night i wasnt drinking....?

Congratulations Vid,and the new board seems to be a good mix of the old and the new.

I think 2010 is a time for the future, let's put 2009 in the past and move on and get this great club back on track.

New board, new players all we need now is a new Brookvale (come on Tony Abbot you are the opposition leader now, time to step up boy and do your bit!!!) Oval and things will be sweet!!

And onya Beaver, a true legend of the our club and the game itself!!

I am with you Mark and am looking forward to an improved year with optimism.

Vid's elevation is the best move to come out of the FC this year. I still haven't been won over on the make-up of the Sea Eagle's board structure which still seems too complicated to function properly. But I am willing to see how all the new members perform and whether the animosity will be put aside for the betterment of our club.

Yes MB, they still have to prove themselves!

After the year we have just been through I'd be surprised if everyone wasn't trying extra hard to get along.

We can't change the past, but we can put things from the past where they should be "dead and buried".

Fingers crossed for a fantastic 2010 on (and off) the field!!

Can just see Cliff in the corner of some meeting chuging on a coldie, with smoke in hand, half asleep. Gotta love the man.

Thanks guys,
I'm extremely proud to be on the board of the Football Club and it's great that so many fans have come to me with ideas, questions and expressions of wanting to get involved.

We have a good mix on the FC board with Nappa representing the players (past and present), Peter Bryant who is a very smart legal person and a great resource to cover those things, Philip Dean who ensures that the finance and company aspects are adhered to, Peter O'Dwyer representing the district junior league and of course Bob Reilly which gives us close links to the Leagues Club who have been a major supporter of the club for many years.

From what I'm seeing so far there is great resolve for the various entities to work together and the mood is very positive

Looking forward to a great 2010 season!

Cheers
Vid

vidmar link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=182146.msg247904#msg247904 date=1261375658]
Hey Vid, who looks after the sandwiches??  :)

LOL Canteen Worker looking for a gig?
[/quote]

Nah....hes just hungry !

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4