Footage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cliff Lyons 1988
What a pain this one was. Youtube hit me with a copyright strike for highlights from MW v Brisbane Rd1. I have deleted it and seems to pass now. This is a joke.

Lyons the master conductor and the Symphony of magnificent Sea Eagles
Music to our Manly ears . Thank you feathered friend

Watching this makes me so proud to belong to our legendary club !

Cliff Lyons 1988
What a pain this one was. Youtube hit me with a copyright strike for highlights from MW v Brisbane Rd1. I have deleted it and seems to pass now. This is a joke.

Win over Parra was the day after the state election. There's someone in the Manly gang on the south hill thrashing about with a Vote 1 Nick Greiner sign every time Manly scored!!! Freeze the clip at 53secs its in the top right corner.

Cliff Lyons 1988

Yup,
I've had both of mine hit with 'copyright' issues.

when I upload them next I'll make sure to identify the nrl as rights holders and also the music guy - see if that works.

Or I'll upload to vimeo and screw those data stealing bustards!

Cliff Lyons interview 31/7/94
Great stuff eagle66!

All credit to Cliffy. In 1993 in that Manly game in Perth he got left on the bench unused by Bozo and then he dropped him to reserve grade. Cliffy could easily have just given up. But he got his mojo back flogging opposing reserve grade teams. He then he came back into firsts for the final four rounds to get Manly a win in each and jag fifth place. Getting to the finals in 1993 really gave a lot of confidence to what was a young Manly team. Cliffy copped busted ribs early in that semi vs Brisbane left Manly with little hope. Anyway we know that the next 4 or 5 years were one of the greatest eras in the club's history. And Cliffy achieved so much individually as well, Beaver-Cliffy combo would never have happened, plus he played first grade until the end of 1999. Could all have ended in 1993 reggies for Cliffy but he showed how resilient he was.

Last edited:
Fantastic. Bozo’s babes 1994 were very exciting. Some great runs down the wing and passes back inside from Hancock.
Bozos babes were very impressive feathered friend

Check out these babys ..... Oh baby baby baby ..... Very Athletic and very Kavlotic !

Bozos babes were very impressive feathered friend

Check out these babys ..... Oh baby baby baby ..... Very Athletic and very Kavlotic !

I went the other day to watch the beach volleyball, I was surprised, I didn't know men played the game!

Mel Cockrane would have been one of the more speedier hookers in his era . Apparently had a background of playing in the backs , maybe full back before transitioning to hooker for Manly. Good player

My memory is that along with Benny Elias, Mal Cochrane stood out as a new skill set, speed and way of playing the hooker role. Just before that Ray Brown was probably the first link away from the traditional hooker. Compare Mal to Steve Edge who was playing in the same era. They were not alike at all. Now all the NRL hookers are expected to play like Mal Cochrane did in the mid 1980s.

Mal-Cochrane-1986-189x300.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4