Fluffy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Looks like Des has bought in Cuthbertson to cover in at prop again if Rose is out. :roll: :roll: :roll:
While Des has had the team improving as a whole year on year (and this is my personal opinion), I think he has ruined the career of one Adam Cuthbertson.

Do you remember how fit and slim he was in 2005, running wide, and sparking up an awesome combination with Mullane in Premier League? That was the year everyone was expecting huge things from him. With his bulk size increase, and 1st grade selections at prop, he has unfortunately dropped off the scales in a lot of peoples minds.

It was one of the highlight's of my footy day in 2005, and reason's for getting there early !!!

I'm pleased he maybe will get his chance. He's big and mobile which will be a good thing against the rorters. Rose in the tele today said he'd be fit but his arm didn't seem to suggest. Maybe Cuthbertson will be in and Bryant or Hall given a rest. Both didn't set me on fire last saturday.

Just cause his cover for Rose doesn't mean he'll be playing prop

Hall is a prop, who has been covering the backrow ofgf the bench, si i'd assume that if Rose is out, Hall will cover prop and Cuthbo will cover the backrow

Hall has never been a back rower. I guess that makes sense...as Cuthbo should never have been prop. Point taken.

Surely Halden will drop off & Cuthbo will play as backrower.

Des can't seriously think that wasting a first grade bench spot to cripple PL is smart coaching.

I remember speaking to him one night back in 05' (after he had signed a 2 year deal with manly) and he told me Tim Sheens had basically told him if he signed with the Tigers he would most likely get a bench spot in 1sts, but for some reason stayed with Manly.

I bet he wishes he never signed with us now. I think he is what we are missing off the bench - an impact 2nd rower.

Must be there to cover prop, because on the reports i have read from people at the games, Afamasaga has been awesome in PL while Cuthberson has had a couple of shockers

There's nothing wrong with rose. Top player. He just gives to many penalties away. Something he can curb.

Nobody needs to replace him though, thats for sure.

i think PL have the bye this week so it wont cripple them at all

and i read rose was in a car accident

I remember speaking to him one night back in 05' (after he had signed a 2 year deal with manly) and he told me Tim Sheens had basically told him if he signed with the Tigers he would most likely get a bench spot in 1sts, but for some reason stayed with Manly.

I bet he wishes he never signed with us now. I think he is what we are missing off the bench - an impact 2nd rower.

Of course Sheens would tell him that if he thinks he has potential. I believe he also told Sam Harris the same thing, we all know what happened there.

He needs to get the errors out of his game. Whenever I see him play he will do something brilliant and I wonder why he is not in firsts then he follows it up with 3 stupid errors or penalties.

If he gets that out of his game he will be in 1st grade, I guess its a maturity thing and knowing when to chance your arm or just play it safe.

LEt's hope Rose is out. He is a defensive liability.

His defence is not his strongest point but he brings other things to the team.

You dont drop everyone who is not the best defenders. I have seen Orford miss quite a few tackles, do we drop him as he is not the best defender? I know its a extreme example especially considering Orford is the halfback and head playmaker.

I pretty sure Tim Sheens said in 2005 he would only be picking players if they could attack, he did not want any players who were purely good defenders.

Rose adds go forward and seems to have a good offload, he is a good impact option from the bench imo.

Defensive liability? We've had 2 trys scored on us this season. I'm finding it hard to see anybody being a liability yet.

Mata still holds a grudge from the Newcastle game last season where Johns beat Rose on the goal line.

Anyone would think he got beaten by Matt Dunning. Johns has made many players look pedestrian that close to the line and he will do it again this season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4