Flanno linked to the Dragons

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wouldn’t be one bit surprised to see Des get the job, one final crack at topping up the retirement funds, Des loves a dollar and who knows, if it doesn’t work out he might be able to secure his third Million dollar severance. Some people just have the golden touch, while others have a tendency to just be plain stupid.

If they go with one of the younger options like Ryles, Des has been mentioned as a coaching director.

However I’m not so sure if some of the smarter young assistant coaches out there would want a noted control freak as their immediate superior.

Isn't Flanos only claim to fame was to have won a premiership with a team over the salary cap and on a prior illegal drug supplements program Then blatantly cheated against the NRL ban.What else has he done????

Last edited:
If I was Des I'd be concerned, hardly hear his name when they (jurnos) talk about potential coaches for Saints. It's either Ryles, Fannagan, Young and even Hornby with Des right down the pecking order.
Not true you obviously have read the mole or watch 360.

Dragons have already met with haslers manager George Mimis.

My money will be it's Des.

Doust is still on dragons board and is anti flanno.

Heard on the news Flanno's been shortlisted as a head coach for the Dragons?
Any truth to this? I had a feeling this was going to happen and if it does who do we replace him with?
This club is becoming a bigger joke than it currently is.
You're right this team is pathetic Shane Flanagan is the only reason have scored any points this season. I actually think he is the attacking coach so this tracks. He has coached all the attacks which led to points and seibold coached all the defences that let in the tries. When he goes to the dragons which he no doubt will because you heard it on the news we will only have the defences so all our scores will be to nil. 35-0 46-0 12-0. It will be even worse than this rabble of a team is already this club is a joke.

I fail to see how the same board that moved Flanno on from an assistant coaching role at the Dragons at the end of 2020, would suddenly be desperate to sign him as a head coach?

In saying that, I get the feeling Flanno still has something to offer but I do not think it's set in stone. Hasler and McGuire both won premierships many moons ago and it did not translate to success later in their careers. It's not like we are losing Bellamy, should Flanno take up a FG coaching gig elsewhere in 2024.

Not true you obviously have read the mole or watch 360.

Dragons have already met with haslers manager George Mimis.

My money will be it's Des.

Doust is still on dragons board and is anti flanno.
I cannot see Des and Doust getting along !

Just sayin’

I thought that he had a year left on his contract!
I could be wrong but I was under the impression that he had already signed with the Dogs and was making plans to pillage our playing ranks so Manly cut him loose to minimise the damage.

Flanno had an assistant coaching role at the Dragons and was told his services were no longer required for 2021. Then he went back a year later in a list management role before leaving for Manly. I understand that there is a possibility he goes back there as head coach but I just think it's unlikely.

I cannot see Des and Doust getting along !

Just sayin’
He got along with Wayne, I cant see why not.

If you read the article above, I'd say its more likely it would work.

It seemed Doust had let Wayne run his own race and stay out of the team management....whereas it seemed like Scotty wanted to control Des like a remote control car.

More importantly Wayne left on pretty good terms.

Last edited:
He got along with Wayne, I cant see why not.

If you read the article above, I'd say its more likely it would work.

It seemed Doust had let Wayne run his own race and stay out of the team management....whereas it seemed like Scotty wanted to control Des like a remote control car.

More importantly Wayne left on pretty good terms.
And the worst thing is if Flanagan goes not only will we miss out on all the attacks that he coaches we will miss out on any chance we had if getting his son to the club to play halfback instead of that Muppet currently wearing the number seven. Kyle is three times the player on a third of the pay check. This club has lost the plot. Anyone who listens to Shane Flanagan commentate knows he is erudite articulate and has an economy with the English language that translates to concise instruction and framework of communication needed in this day and age to bring the modern day Rugby League organisation into the 22nd century. Another great positive thread @TheSoaringEagle2023, keep them coming.

And the worst thing is if Flanagan goes not only will we miss out on all the attacks that he coaches we will miss out on any chance we had if getting his son to the club to play halfback instead of that Muppet currently wearing the number seven. Kyle is three times the player on a third of the pay check. This club has lost the plot. Anyone who listens to Shane Flanagan commentate knows he is erudite articulate and has an economy with the English language that translates to concise instruction and framework of communication needed in this day and age to bring the modern day Rugby League organisation into the 22nd century. Another great positive thread @TheSoaringEagle2023, keep them coming.
You should lose all your posting privileges after your Kyle Flanagan comment.If you think he’s a first grade halfback let alone anywhere near DCE,you should have a lie down

Mate ... you are starting to worry me ... perhaps you should sit down with a good book on Euclidean geometry and give the football a miss for a day ...

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8