Flanagan Signed as assistant

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just feel Manly should've pursued Flanno for the HeadCoaching role, and Seibild as assistant.
I think it was always going to be a tough sell to our sponsors etc to have Flanno as head coach, especially after rainbow jersey and sacking Des. I don’t think they needed another controversy!

Anyway, I reckon they got it the right way, and at least we have the next 12 months locked in. 12 months is a long time in the NRL - anything can happen!

I think it was always going to be a tough sell to our sponsors etc to have Flanno as head coach, especially after rainbow jersey and sacking Des. I don’t think they needed another controversy!

Anyway, I reckon they got it the right way, and at least we have the next 12 months locked in. 12 months is a long time in the NRL - anything can happen!
And if he does move on I'm not that concerned if Dymock moves up the pecking order.

As well as the Mestrov interview in the Sunday Tele lift out is a very good Flannagan interview .... c'mon you tech savvy millennials .... do something useful and get the details ..

Complete with full frontal Rothfield​

What’s the Buzz: Shane Flanagan’s plan to help Anthony Seibold fix fractured Manly team​

Cronulla Sharks premiership-winning coach Shane Flanagan has spoken publicly for the first time since taking on a job as new Manly coach Anthony Seibold’s assistant.

Phil RothfieldPhil Rothfield

@BuzzRothfield

2 min read
November 12, 2022 - 8:00PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...9f87ce4ff14e4aeedb02284b04a3d?amp#share-tools
Media-link

RLWC: Catch all of the highlights as the Kangaroos and Kiwis clash in an epic semi final at Elland Road in Leeds.
Shane Flanagan says one of his NRL coaching strengths is being able to unite a playing group.

Just what the Manly Sea Eagles desperately need right now.
The 2016 Cronulla Sharks premiership-winning coach is speaking for the first time since his appointment as understudy to Anthony Seibold.
Manly’s tumultuous 2022 season with the pride-jersey fiasco fractured the club.
“One of my strengths is getting a group to come together,” Flanagan said.
“We’ve got to come together as a club with one focus which is to win footy games.
“Enjoy training, enjoy being around each other. That will bring wins. Footy is not that complicated but you’ve got to be happy.”
On Monday morning, Flanagan will arrive at Manly’s Narrabeen headquarters for his first shift
Seibold – still in the UK with the England rugby union team – will open the session via Zoom. Then Flanagan takes over with Jim Dymock until Seibold arrives home in early December.

He said he would be implementing Seibold’s plan but adding his own touches.

“Seibs told me when he first rang that he wanted a first-grade coach working alongside him,” Flanagan said.

“He said he wanted me to think like a first-grade coach, be like a first-grade coach and the club will be a better place for it.

“That was encouraging. He was really positive and he obviously thinks I can help him and the players.

“I’ll start on Monday and get things running the way he wants it. I’ll put my style on it as well.”

Flanagan said there were huge similarities to the Sharks.

“A community-based footy team, passionate and proud supporters and the local suburban ground,” Flanagan said.
“It’s why I’ve always admired Manly from a distance.

“It’s super exciting. The two Trbojevic boys, Daly Cherry-Evans, Haumole Olakau’atu and a heap of other good players. There’s a lot of strike and strength across the whole team.

“I don’t think Seibs wants to look back at what’s previously happened. We’re going to start fresh and do it our way.

“We’ve both got a good picture of what we want it to look like. We’ll get cracking on Monday.”

Flanagan signed a three-year deal with Manly but has a get-out clause to take on an NRL head-coaching job at the end of each season. He will also retain his roles in the media.

“Manly were really good about it,” he said.
“I’ll still work for Fox Sports and 2GB when it doesn’t clash with Manly.

“It’s something I really enjoy and want to keep doing.”

This is Flanagan’s first major opportunity since returning from a suspension.

“I’ve made some mistakes but you’ve got to move on and learn,” he said.

“I know I can coach. Every year at the Sharks, bar one, we made the semis and then won the comp. I think I helped turn them into a hard-nosed footy club.

“They’re tough and they’re ruthless.

“That’s the aim at Manly and there’s nothing stopping them.”

His own future as a head coach can wait.

“The more success we have at Manly will open doors,” Flanagan said.

“That’s the goal – to be a head coach – but to help Manly before anything else.”

What’s the Buzz: Shane Flanagan’s plan to help Anthony Seibold fix fractured Manly team​

Cronulla Sharks premiership-winning coach Shane Flanagan has spoken publicly for the first time since taking on a job as new Manly coach Anthony Seibold’s assistant.

@BuzzRothfield

2 min read
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...9f87ce4ff14e4aeedb02284b04a3d?amp#share-tools
Media-link

RLWC: Catch all of the highlights as the Kangaroos and Kiwis clash in an epic semi final at Elland Road in Leeds.
Shane Flanagan says one of his NRL coaching strengths is being able to unite a playing group.

The 2016 Cronulla Sharks premiership-winning coach is speaking for the first time since his appointment as understudy to Anthony Seibold.
“We’ve got to come together as a club with one focus which is to win footy games.
“Enjoy training, enjoy being around each other. That will bring wins. Footy is not that complicated but you’ve got to be happy.”
On Monday morning, Flanagan will arrive at Manly’s Narrabeen headquarters for his first shift
Seibold – still in the UK with the England rugby union team – will open the session via Zoom. Then Flanagan takes over with Jim Dymock until Seibold arrives home in early December.

“Seibs told me when he first rang that he wanted a first-grade coach working alongside him,” Flanagan said.

“He said he wanted me to think like a first-grade coach, be like a first-grade coach and the club will be a better place for it.

“That was encouraging. He was really positive and he obviously thinks I can help him and the players.

“I’ll start on Monday and get things running the way he wants it. I’ll put my style on it as well.”

“A community-based footy team, passionate and proud supporters and the local suburban ground,” Flanagan said.

“It’s super exciting. The two Trbojevic boys, Daly Cherry-Evans, Haumole Olakau’atu and a heap of other good players. There’s a lot of strike and strength across the whole team.

“I don’t think Seibs wants to look back at what’s previously happened. We’re going to start fresh and do it our way.

“We’ve both got a good picture of what we want it to look like. We’ll get cracking on Monday.”

Flanagan signed a three-year deal with Manly but has a get-out clause to take on an NRL head-coaching job at the end of each season. He will also retain his roles in the media.

“I know I can coach. Every year at the Sharks, bar one, we made the semis and then won the comp. I think I helped turn them into a hard-nosed footy club.

“That’s the goal – to be a head coach – but to help Manly before anything else.”

You could have done us all a favour and edited out that photo of Buzz ... fair dinkum

@BuzzRothfield

2 min read
Media-link

Moondog you Tech nerd , what are you not capable of .

It will be interesting to see if the new coaching 'broom' manages to sweep away the problems. If not, and the team shows the same lack of resolve in defence that characterised the latter part of the 2022 season, then we'll know the issues lie with the players, and DESpicable was not to blame.

It will be interesting to see if the new coaching 'broom' manages to sweep away the problems. If not, and the team shows the same lack of resolve in defence that characterised the latter part of the 2022 season, then we'll know the issues lie with the players, and DESpicable was not to blame.
Yes that would be telling.

But I’m confident that the players will be very accepting of the changes and whilst I don’t expect us to be “ Panthers like “ I expect us to improve.

BUT, it may not happen overnight.

Give it a month , or after their first win.

I expect Manly to play in a very simple and direct manner in the early rounds, no flashy risky short cuts or hail Mary offloads in traffic.
Flanagan and whatsisname will surely want to concentrate on laying a solid foundation of footy before bringing in all the masterful trick shots. 'Surely'! (If not they are both duds and we are sunk.)

I expect Manly to play in a very simple and direct manner in the early rounds, no flashy risky short cuts or hail Mary offloads in traffic.
Flanagan and whatsisname will surely want to concentrate on laying a solid foundation of footy before bringing in all the masterful trick shots. 'Surely'! (If not they are both duds and we are sunk.)
Yeah even in the last round against the Dogs with a few mins on the clock while in front by a whisker Marty Tapau was throwing absolute rubbish off loads on the ground which ultimately gave the dogs the chance to win the game.

Hopefully we will never see plays like that again.

Yeah even in the last round against the Dogs with a few mins on the clock while in front by a whisker Marty Tapau was throwing absolute rubbish off loads on the ground which ultimately gave the dogs the chance to win the game.

Hopefully we will never see plays like that again.

Yeah, after 4 years you would have thought Dessie would have coached that numbnuttessness out of him ... we were a very poorly coached team.

Premiership winner Shane Flanagan opens up on Manly assistant role​

flanno%20shane%20BBQ%20galore.jpg

Getty Images

Shane Flanagan has opened up on his new job as Manly assistant coach - and he's hoping to catapult himself back into a head coaching role in the future.
After being deregistered by the NRL in 2018, Flanagan has worked at the Dragons for the past few years as both an assistant and list management consultant.

But after moving on from the Red V, the 56-year-old will head to the Sea Eagles next season and link up with former Broncos boss Anthony Seibold on the coaching staff.

The move is an interesting one for both parties. Flanagan is still hoping to gain a head coaching role and it was surprising he wasn't considered for the top job at Manly after Des Hasler's messy exit, while the new boss Seibold will immediately have internal pressure from his right-hand man.

But speaking on 2GB Radio, Flanagan explained the reasons behind his move to the Northern Beaches and revealed Seibold and the club want to push him back into a major role within the NRL.
“The thing that I liked about Anthony when he first rang me to ask me to come and do the job, which a lot of other coaches wouldn’t do,” he said.
“He wanted me to come there because he sees me as an NRL coach and I’ve done it before and I’ve been in that position, and he wants someone to work beside him that’s had that experience.
“A lot of coaches would be intimidated by it. It’s a really good start, and he wants me to coach like an NRL coach, and the club wants me to do that, as well.
“The club wants me to get an NRL job, and if I do a really good job with Manly that will happen.”
Flanagan emerged as one of the game's best coaches during his time with Cronulla, taking them to multiple finals series and guiding the club to their maiden premiership in 2016.
But his time at the Sharks didn't come without controversy, with Flanagan involved in both the salary cap drama and doping scandals during his time in charge.
And a fresh start after a disappointing run at St George Illawarra may do his coaching future the world of good, after missing out on the top job at the Bulldogs and Tigers earlier this year.
Flanagan believes the Sea Eagles have what it takes to do some damage and rebound from a horror 2022 campaign, and pointed to the likes of Haumole Olakau'atu and the Trbojevic brothers as integral members of the squad.

“Our back-row is going to be [strong]...Olakau’atu started last year, sort of burst onto the scene - he’s a quality edge back-rower,” he said.
“If you throw Jake at lock. Tom is at the back, and then we’ve got some really classy outside backs.
“I don’t see too many weaknesses, but what I do see is a side that can play football and score some points and has got speed and power.

“When you come into a side, me and Anthony Seibold coming into a club like this, they’ve come last or down the bottom of the table and you come in and the roster needs a big change.
“It definitely doesn’t need to change at Manly. We’ve got a good footy team ready to go this year, so I’d expect good things.”
Manly will kick off their 2023 campaign with a clash against Canterbury in Round 1.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4