• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
So I downloaded these audio files off bittorrent with an extension .flac

What is the best program to open a file like that?

Well laa-di-da Mata... FLAC files are classy :)

WinAmp should play them... you'll need the 'full' version as opposed to the 'lite' version, though. It's still free.

For those of you who are also downloading via Bittorrent: remember, it's not anonymous! Use PeerGuardian2 as well as your SafePeer plugin for Azureus!

WinAmp is freeware (except for the pro version, but you don't need that).

You can get PeerGuardian2 from http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2 (it's free). It will run each time you boot up and blocks you from accessing any IP address associated with lots of different groups... it will also block them from being able to connect to you, as well, which means that they can't even see what you're sharing. The good thing about PG2 is that it works at the OS level so will work for any and all of your P2P apps. The downside to it is that you may sometimes be blocked from connecting to things like the gov.au websites. Simply right click the icon in the tray and disable it for the time you need that access. For what it's worth, it normally won't block port 80 to the IPs in the list... I would suggest doing so, though, just to be safe. Again, this can be disabled / enabled at runtime.

SafePeer for Azureus you can get from http://azureus.sourceforge.net/plugin_details.php?plugin=safepeer . I believe the new version of Azureus has a way to install plugins from directly within the app itself, so that might be easier. Anyway, it blocks suspicious IP addresses, too... it's good to use the two together.

Fro: hopefully that helps. If, however, you were talking about where to find FLAC files, well, I can't help you. I only ever use Bittorrent to download Linux distributions :)

nah, thats cool Narc, my "friend" uses azureus for torrents, has no idea what flac are.

I'll have a look for those today....oh I mean I'll tell my friend

if u use nero,it will convert the flac files for you otherwise just google a flac to mp3 freeware program and use that. heaps of em out there.

It amazes me how someone can use the internet to find the files to download but then are unable to go to a search engine and search for more information say like

".flac extension"

/rant

I'm fully congicent with using a search engine Dan, but my intent was to see what other people were using and what they had found best to save me having to find the best option by trial and error.

Make sense?

then your aim was missed. winamp will do it, but wont be best!

Oh and you could also search for ".flac extension, best player"
or ".flac, player reviews"

Why have a dog and bark yourslef dan, Google doesnt have a "snappy Zappy" function, and wikepedia doesnt consider itself superior to its posters :)

Why have a dog and bark yourslef dan, Google doesnt have a \"snappy Zappy\" function, and wikepedia doesnt consider itself superior to its posters :)

Hoping people would do things for themselves especially those that proclaim themselves learned is different from thinking they are superior to others Fro.

It is well known how oft people despise "n00bs" and those who don't like to do the leg work themselves

anyone that proclaims themself learned is a bit up themselves IME :)

Almost up there with north shore yuppies ;)

anyone that proclaims themself learned is a bit up themselves IME :)

Almost up there with north shore yuppies ;)

Yes I would agree, but since I fit in to neither category I wont take offence

[quote author=Dan]
then your aim was missed. winamp will do it, but wont be best!

So what would you recommend friend?

[/quote]

personally I would convert them to MP3, AC3 or Ogg/Vorbis format and use iTUNES

Or instead of converting them if you want to keep the lossless sound (never bothers me, I only use my tunes to listen to in the car, on the ipod or at home so quality is more than good enough) you could checkout the following article http://playlistmag.com/news/2006/07/11/ogg/index.php which shows you how to play them in iTUNES by installing a quick patch to quicktime.

There are other methods too I believe, i found the above and more by searching for ".flac, itunes" in google.

I rate iTunes as a music manager, but I also use iGadget as well.

Hope that helps

I found this a while ago. Not 100% on what the topic is about but im positive most of you will find it useful. :D

It works a treat if you do it correctly.

http://www.break.com/index/cool-google-search-trick1.html

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4