Five stages of dealing with a bad loss.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We should've known that Penrith were going to come at us with much faster line speed in defence and speed up their ruck play but we didn't seem to have a game plan to deal with it. Apart from some great hit ups from AFB etc, our attack was clunky and kicks in general play poor. That said, I'm still mightily f...n pissed off with the incompetence of the ref and bunker decisions. I don't want to hear, the best team won on the night BS. Fact is, they weren't the best team. Both were pretty even. It WAS the ref/bunker calls that secured the Riff that win. The second stitch-up in favour of them against us this year and I'm filthy about that too.
The Penrith forwards stepped up in the moments that mattered, the most disappointing aspect of the game was a lack of professionalism and composure throughout the squad and leadership.

Barrett has done very well this year but the teams development has stagnated since the Cronulla game and we haven't offered anything new or have another gear to go to.

Playing up tempo direct behind the ruck was becoming way too predictable and if you can't sustain the tempo for long periods the rest of the game will become clunky.

Require more forward depth and the removal of fringe first graders to take the club to the next level, along with further developing our structures.

The 8 was the goal and with a little luck and development of the squad we could of made the second week.

Next year the goal will be for 2-3 extra wins during the season to push being in the top 4, those wins will come from games when we are not at our best but the depth grinds through and still wins---at the moment the drop off from our best performances is too much.

Having 2 players on our Cap but off our Team was a huge handicap for Baz.:cool:

Looking forward to a strengthened roster in 2018 :happy:

Having not seen the game I went straight to 5.

Bring on 2018.

This experience will make them hungrier next year.

Remember this is 2006 revisited, not expected to make the 8 out first week.

In 2007 we were Grand Finalists!

This year was 2005 revisited. A breakout year that surprised many but ended with a lot of losses at the back end of the season and a forgettable semi final knock out in the first week.
We were solid team by 2006

Is there a worse week then the one after your team plays its final match for the year (particularly in the circumstances of Saturday night) and you realise Christmas and New Year will pass before you get to watch the boys go round down at Brookie again?

For me it highlights just how big of a place this club and team have in our lives. It's an all consuming passion and I wouldn't have it any other way (although my wife may!).

I'm amazed that there hasn't been any vision of the Eagle or Sharks' Mad Monday celebrations?
I'm sure Walker would have turned up with a video screen on his head.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8