First Grade match thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Memo to all : Expect Jatz to take a trip out of the country Monday so he doesnt have to put up with the swell of negativity advancing like king tide.

Oh well , i was goin down to the club to watch, now I wont bother
Disgaceful, by the sound of the commentary

Comments from CW and Wheel at the ground:

Bryant has been one of our best.
Noone is running off Orford.
Dunley has been ordinary and Williamson offered little. Would be better to have Ballin in the 9 and Burns as a 2nd hooker.
Bell is the only one to have made a break.
King has been terrible.

Great start to the season lose to the only team starting the season with 28 players out and we are at home no less. Why do I support Manly i have to question it sometimes?

Thanks for the Live updates Mata, I am in Ireland and they are playing the penrith game on Sky xtra so it has been great to have your comments come through.

cheers mate it is appreciated!

PS I wonder who's brainwave it was to have a night match first up, looks like nothing has changed. Why did we get the Govmnt to buy us new lights at least when we didn't have them we had an excuse to play on sunday afternoon.

Ive said it Before and I will say it again its not the players that are the problem its the Coach , there is No attack !! we stand flat and try to play it doesnt work , thats why Orford played so crap , doesnt help when we have Forwards with No mongrel

That's a tad harsh. Bryant, Leuluai and Kite showed plenty of mongrel. Unfortunately, our class back-row was silent the entire night. That was one of the two main reasons (the other being Orford having not settled in yet) our attack was as pedestrian as it was. Not once did I see BK get his arm free for an offload, Menzies barely touched the ball in attack and when Watmough did, he dropped it :\

I didnt say all the Forwards just a Couple

and for the Mona's Bashers 32 Tackles 1 missed 1 Error

Awfulford 7 tackles 4 Missed 3 Errors

I thought Monas had a good game in defence - though in attack he seemed lost and Orford, Burns and Monas seemed confused. Orford did the very good and the bad, and seems to lack understanding. Monas can't pass to the left which affects his game.

Our backline was too often flat and it was noticeable how deep and hard their backline came at us, especially on the second-man plays with runarounds and cut outs.

Part of our problem is lack of cohesion but I fear that we have no five-eighth and only one centre.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6