Finch-we got it wrong AGAIN

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
sack Finch
the NRL must review the entire refereeing structure
dismantle it and start again
I cannot think of any sport on the planet where the standard of refereeing is so poor
there's only one thing can be said about the appalling standard
thats its consistent

086856-steve-matai.jpg

Wow, thanks for confirming what everyone with half a brain could see. Farkin morons....I mean how hard is it to see blatant fouls and errors like we saw on Sunday and with Gasniers try. I'm dumbfounded by how incompetent these fools are, and all we ever get is apologies, and a  "we'll try to do better". I wish I had a job like Robert Finch where I could seriously underperform and underdeliver and not be sacked. 

Have they acknowledged the common factor of

1 The Matai incident Manly vs Roosters

2 Harrigan/Gasnier disgrace Manly vs St George

3 Eels pass that went 7 metres forward Manly vs Parra

I wont mention M Checchin's disgraceful penalty from last season Manly vs Gold Coast.

Has anyone worked it out at the NRL, or are they giving the orders???

"Has anyone worked it out at the NRL, or are they giving the orders???"

SPOT on BD, it's a conspiracy

I can understand the eels forward pass being missed but when something goes to a video ref and is clear for all to see the correct decision should be made.  The Gasnier and Matai decisions were clear for all to see.  Maybe they need 2 people in the box. 

Mark from Brisbane link said:
\"Has anyone worked it out at the NRL, or are they giving the orders???\"

SPOT on BD, it's a conspiracy

I dont like to use that word but...

I dont remember too many vitals going our way, maybe Jamie Lyons torso try last year against the Bronco's. But the difference with that was they didnt admit it was wrong, and thats the big difference. The ones they admit are wrong are all against Manly.

The thing is what is the point, ok again the refs come out and admit they stuffed up and dudded Manly, what is going to happen, absolutely nothing, it is a pathetic token jesture, if anyone gets 'sacked' it will only be for a week fully paid so basically a holiday.  Total joke

Cambo link said:
**** OF FINCH and take that arrogant TWAT harringan with you.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Finch and Gallop must go at the end of the season. For the good of the game.

The Gasnier one and the Matai one are unbelievable.  Refs making wrong decisions on the fly is somewhat understandable, but a guy sitting in a box watching it on tv?

Poll for the day.  The video refs are:
1. Blind
2. Stupid
3. On the take
4. All of the above.

It seems we are always involved with the really bad decisions. Between that and our injury's we have had a shocking spell of badluck this year.

One of the issues that has come put of this is that the on-field ref has no control of the decision once he sends it to the video ref unless it comes back as a refs call.

Archer was aware of the issue on Sunday involving Matai either he was tipped off by a touchie or he saw it himself, doesn't really matter yet he had no say in the final result. It seems incongruous to me that the on field official does not have the opportunity to have any input into the final decision.

Archer would have seen the interference to Matai on the big screen and I am sure he would have been happy to give Manly a penalty 80m back down the field but he had given up that right once he sought assistance.

Again, it comes down to an obvious lack of accountability. For a video ref to have to publicly state he needs to stand down because of his mistake, rather than Finch having a set of balls, shows exactly that - weakness.

all my friends who hate Manly agree that we have got the rawest deal of all refereeing decisions this year

Doesn't this reinforce the widespread opinion (well, mine anyway) that we should get rid of the video ref? I can almost understand, and almost forgive, how the on-field refs missed it, but not the video ref, who has the time and vision to look at incidents repeatedly (and does).
To get that wrong, plus the countless others, is further proof that the video ref - brought in to get 100% certainty over decisions - is a sham. Let's leave it to the on-field rulings which are made at true speed, and accept that they don't make any more mistakes than the video ref.

It is the only game around that you hear so much controversy from the officials.

The NRL should issue Manly with an apology for all their blunders this year. They have cost us at least 2 games

Barry Hyland link said:
Doesn't this reinforce the widespread opinion (well, mine anyway) that we should get rid of the video ref? I can almost understand, and almost forgive, how the on-field refs missed it, but not the video ref, who has the time and vision to look at incidents repeatedly (and does).
To get that wrong, plus the countless others, is further proof that the video ref - brought in to get 100% certainty over decisions - is a sham. Let's leave it to the on-field rulings which are made at true speed, and accept that they don't make any more mistakes than the video ref.

No way. You don't fix anything by making it more difficult for the refs.

They just have to make the right calls.
If there was no video ref & Archer missed it, we'd all be crying out that the video ref woul've got it right as it was impossible to miss on replay.

The answer is maybe that the captain gets to ask for an explanation, on the spot & on microphone. They can't be allowed to hide anything.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2