Finals tickets - inside running

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
The Club is discussing the idea of a "Ticket Club" that would provide access to pre-sale finals tickets before they go on sale to the general public.

We are estimating a price around $30 to $40 and it would give you the right to purchase pre-sale tickets to all home semi final, qualifying final, semi final, preliminary final or grand final match that features the Sea Eagles. (Standard ticket limits would apply)

The Ticket Club membership would not include tickets, it would only give those who don't already qualify for pre-sale tickets access to purchase during this period.

They are asking for comments and feedback from fans.

(I will add that over at MSE some of the season ticket holders are very upset with the proposal.)

My perspective is that this would be a very good thing for out of town supporters who have no need for a season ticket pass.

But I can understand the concern of season ticket holders that this deprives them of a right that is a condition of their season ticket purcahse and opens the door to a lot of bandwagon jumpers from the Sydney area.

Perhaps the best approach would be to limit this "club" to Bird of Prey members of the Football Club? This is a group of out of town supporters prepared to pay additional to the general football club membership.

It should be for all football club members and season ticket holders only and at no extra costs.

If you are an out of towner and keen on finals then get the bird of prey membership simple as that.

It’s a good idea this will help get as many Manly supporters at the ground as possible.

Fluffy, not everyone lives and breathes Manly Footy, so you shouldn't expect every manly supporter to be a member.

I reckon it would be great to have a ground full of Manly supporters. Just image if we play the Bullwogs first game.

The members/season ticket holders should have first crack as promised when they handed over their dough before the season started.

Then it can go to the regular joe blows.

Pretty simple stuff!

It’s a good idea this will help get as many Manly supporters at the ground as possible.

Fluffy, not everyone lives and breathes Manly Footy, so you shouldn't expect every manly supporter to be a member.

I reckon it would be great to have a ground full of Manly supporters. Just image if we play the Bullwogs first game.

So what your saying is we should reward non membership?

If they are just concerned about getting manly suppoerters to games then why not have free entry to anyone wearing manly gear?

Semi final tickets should be offered in order of preference to;

those who hold both season ticket and football club members

those who hold either season ticket or football club membership

Those who want to pay $40 to buy tickets before the general public

we dont all live in the be all and end all of the entire friggin universe that is Sydney.

Some of us have brains in our head and don't like to see the air we breathe.

we dont all live in the be all and end all of the entire friggin universe that is Sydney.

Some of us have brains in our head and don't like to see the air we breathe.

Speaking of Hicksville, you didn't happen to catch WIN news last night did you?

good for you fro, what this has to do with the topic im not sure but good for you.

PS you can live in sydney (just) and not see the air

My point fluffy, and read slowly so it sinks in, is that there is no point in out of towners being football club members, it would be like You joining Dubbo RSL because you are in the armmy reserves.

And no Matas I missed it last night, was still at work.

[quote author=byso]

So what your saying is we should reward non membership?

If they are just concerned about getting manly suppoerters to games then why not have free entry to anyone wearing manly gear?

[/quote]

Because they wouldn't make any money. :blah:

This is s a way of getting the supporters to the game without it being hijacked by opposing team supporters.

From memory there are 2000 odd Footy club members and I "guess" 5000 season ticket holders, probably less.

So that’s a max of 7000 tickets for members and ticket holders. Now wouldn't you like the other 15000 tickets pre-allocated to Manly supporters, Sold at a premium to generate revenue for the club?

If preferential treatment for finals tickets was promised and promoted as a major part of the season ticket and flexi pass options, then that is the way things should stay, and if the club is serious about this idea, it should be implemented next year and the benefits removed as part of advertising for season tickets

My point fluffy, and read slowly so it sinks in, is that there is no point in out of towners being football club members

Honestly I dont see any benefit of being a football club member whilst living in Sydney. I only do it as my way of supporting the club, like a donation I guess.

My point fluffy, and read slowly so it sinks in, is that there is no point in out of towners being football club members, it would be like You joining Dubbo RSL because you are in the armmy reserves.

And no Matas I missed it last night, was still at work.

Well one of the main reasons for becoming a football club member was to get pre sale priority on finals football, like garts said there isnt much difference either way between normal and bird of prey member to most supporters.

Your comparison is a poor one, especialy since there is no such thing as armmy :cop: . Secondly because there is/was a benefit for joining the football club, ie prority finals tix, and thirdly because living in sydney gives me no more advantages compared to an out of towner.

and after all that im still not sure whether you want the special ticket offer or not?

Sorry, armmy must be a local joke, I'm ambivalent on the ticket offer this year anyway, I think I'd get stabbed if I suggested spending a few hundred bucks on tickets this September. I am sure Garts will concur on that one :)

the main advantage living in Sydney is that you can actually get to the games.

As there's no real incentive, other than a cap, to join the club, then I'm all for any proposal that rewards me and mine for joining. I've always thought that footie club membership should be rewarded with a slightly reduced general admission price, but this incentive will do.

How would you police that tookey? Having 4 tiers will be difficlt from a logistical perspective.

How much notice would the club get that they have a home semi? At least a week?

The club would send out an e-mail and an ad in the saturday's Manly Daily saying that season ticket holders have until 5.00 pm Monday to book their seats for the semi.

Football ticket holders and thise who paid $40 to join the fans club could then call after this time to book their seats. General ticket sales then go on sale say wednesday morning for the remaining tickets.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4