Finals footy: as things stand now

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
susan said:
Playing the storm puts us on the other side of draw to the dogs so the hasler dogs v the mighty eagles gf we all want would be very likely.

Except I don't want the Dogs anywhere near the grand final:)

susan said:
Playing the storm puts us on the other side of draw to the dogs so the hasler dogs v the mighty eagles gf we all want would be very likely.

Thats assuming we beat Storm and Dogs win over Souffs or Cows. We lose we go onto the Dogs side of the draw.Would have to play them in the prelim final.

susan said:

Thats assuming we beat Storm and Dogs win over Souffs or Cows. We lose we go onto the Dogs side of the draw.Would have to play them in the prelim final.

mmmdl said:
simon_eagle said:
ALinda said:
So to Simon and anyone else, who would we prefer to play in the 1st week - the Dogs at ANZ or the Storm at AAMI?

I'm inclined to think the Dogs.

Storm at AAMI. No question.

Having said that, at full strength we can and should be anybody.

can I ask why?

Our record there is atrocious - 1/6. Equal worst number of wins there of any team with Canberra and the Titans.

Have you watched the Bulldogs play over the last 12 weeks?

mmmdl said:
simon_eagle said:
ALinda said:
So to Simon and anyone else, who would we prefer to play in the 1st week - the Dogs at ANZ or the Storm at AAMI?

can I ask why?

Our record there is atrocious - 1/6. Equal worst number of wins there of any team with Canberra and the Titans.

I'll echo the sentiments of many posters.

The only side that can beat Manly is Manly. If we play as we have the last 3 weeks, it doesn't matter. We will beat any side even if they are at full strength and playing to their potential.

I don't care who we play. If you're not good enough to beat one of the sides and you fear them, you don't deserve the premiership. We are THE side in this comp.

I'll echo the sentiments of many posters.

The only side that can beat Manly is Manly. If we play as we have the last 3 weeks, it doesn't matter. We will beat any side even if they are at full strength and playing to their potential.

I don't care who we play. If you're not good enough to beat one of the sides and you fear them, you don't deserve the premiership. We are THE side in this comp.

simon_eagle said:
mmmdl said:
simon_eagle said:
ALinda said:

can I ask why?

Yep.

Shouldn't have the win from this week and were somewhat lucky last week.

No way they beat us again either. 3 tries, 1 from a silly pass and 2 from kicks - they can't beat our line, they were at the top of their game then and we were only on our upward surge.

simon_eagle said:
mmmdl said:
simon_eagle said:
ALinda said:

can I ask why?

Yep.

Shouldn't have the win from this week and were somewhat lucky last week.

No way they beat us again either. 3 tries, 1 from a silly pass and 2 from kicks - they can't beat our line, they were at the top of their game then and we were only on our upward surge.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
ANZ Stadium is fast becoming our home away from home so I would be comfortable with us playing the Bulldogs there in the 1st week of the finals.

Go the Dragons tonight.

ANZ Stadium is fast becoming our home away from home so I would be comfortable with us playing the Bulldogs there in the 1st week of the finals.

Go the Dragons tonight.

HappilyManly said:
BTW Does anyone know what days the Finals will be played? Would make the cost of the flights at least cheaper.

1 v 4 -??
2 v 3 -
5 v 8 -
6 v 7 -

I emailed the NRL regarding the scheduling, and their response was -

The details for the 2012 Telstra NRL Finals Series have not yet been finalised. Under the new Finals System, teams who finish 1st, 2nd, 5th and 6th in the Minor Premiership, will receive a home game in the first week of the Finals Series.

The venue of these games will affect when these games can be held, so until the 'top eight' have been decided, we are unable to provide you with any more information regarding Match Scheduling.

So I guess we'll have to wait til after the final round to know the scheduling. :mad: :mad: :mad:

HappilyManly said:
BTW Does anyone know what days the Finals will be played? Would make the cost of the flights at least cheaper.

1 v 4 -??
2 v 3 -
5 v 8 -
6 v 7 -

The details for the 2012 Telstra NRL Finals Series have not yet been finalised. Under the new Finals System, teams who finish 1st, 2nd, 5th and 6th in the Minor Premiership, will receive a home game in the first week of the Finals Series.

The venue of these games will affect when these games can be held, so until the 'top eight' have been decided, we are unable to provide you with any more information regarding Match Scheduling.

So I guess we'll have to wait til after the final round to know the scheduling. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Brookie4eva said:
HappilyManly said:

1 v 4 -??
2 v 3 -
5 v 8 -
6 v 7 -

Interesting that teams 5 and 6 get a home game but teams 3 and 4 do not. I understand why, that the comp is essentially split into two groups - 1-4, 5-8 - but I still find it a little strange.

I am looking forward to the new finals system though.

Brookie4eva said:
HappilyManly said:

1 v 4 -??
2 v 3 -
5 v 8 -
6 v 7 -

Interesting that teams 5 and 6 get a home game but teams 3 and 4 do not. I understand why, that the comp is essentially split into two groups - 1-4, 5-8 - but I still find it a little strange.

I am looking forward to the new finals system though.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6