Final pieces?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i hope so if it means it keeps schuster at the club. 1 year of foz at 6 is not worth 10 years of a future rep player.

Hopefully a winger and a cheap hooker. wouldnt mind a good prop or 2row too, or both.
Areas that need signing:
Hooker: Foz (at 14, cust 9), promote dockar-clay, or sign havili / randall as depth
Wing: Saab would be nice. Corey Allen tore up tonight at souths, great fullback, maybe at wing then can play #1 when tom is out for the latter half of next season?
Second Row: Davey, either Garner / Sironen
Prop: Hetherington would be nice too. Otherwise any other suggestions? Welch is out the door at storm, could be solid in the middle.
[/Q
i hope so if it means it keeps schuster at the club. 1 year of foz at 6 is not worth 10 years of a future rep player.

Hopefully a winger and a cheap hooker. wouldnt mind a good prop or 2row too, or both.
Areas that need signing:
Hooker: Foz (at 14, cust 9), promote dockar-clay, or sign havili / randall as depth
Wing: Saab would be nice. Corey Allen tore up tonight at souths, great fullback, maybe at wing then can play #1 when tom is out for the latter half of next season?
Second Row: Davey, either Garner / Sironen
Prop: Hetherington would be nice too. Otherwise any other suggestions? Welch is out the door at storm, could be solid in the middle.

I'd go after McGuire,Tapine, Leota or Spencer Leniu for another middle forward, Or to a lesser extent Knight, Sue, Guler, Afoa, Molo, Asiata. As for backs I'd be enquiring about Rona, Staines, Isaako, Staggs and to a lesser extent Hymel Hunt, Remis Smith, DWZ, Katoa.

Last edited:
If we really are going after a quality hooker, I think we should have a dig at Cameron McInnis. The dragons were playing him out of position most of the year and may again this year if hunt stays at 9. He's a tackle machine and tough as nails and should be playing hooker somewhere
He is the captain he wont be going anywhere i dont think

We need walker for next year though in my opinion. Will be happy to see him back in the centres where he is most damaging. He adds experience to our outside back stocks as well
My concern re Walker is he may not be the player he was pre inj
He is perhaps our only legit “strike” outside back (other than Tommy), so yeah, I think we do need him unless we could jag an adequate replacement.
I really like the look of Harper, he's got a touch of speed and agility and knows how to find the try line, if we lost Walker I personally don't think it would be the end of the world, I wouldn't mind Manly spending a couple of seasons developing the next generation if that's what it takes, we seem to be treading water but I think we've got the talent in our junior ranks to emulate the rise of the post Northern Eagles days

My concern re Walker is he may not be the player he was pre inj

I really like the look of Harper, he's got a touch of speed and agility and knows how to find the try line, if we lost Walker I personally don't think it would be the end of the world, I wouldn't mind Manly spending a couple of seasons developing the next generation if that's what it takes, we seem to be treading water but I think we've got the talent in our junior ranks to emulate the rise of the post Northern Eagles days
The thing I've noticed about harper is he gets found out quite a bit in defense. That might come in time, shows promise but he has played against some bottom side teams as well. So hard to get a good gauge i think. Looking forward to see how he goes next year still

We definitely need a hooker. No club has won the premiership in the last 12 or so years with a nuffy at hooker. It's probably the most important position in the squad.
Our best hope is Fainu being cleared if they scrap the stand down rule. I really don't know what else is out there. Over to you "recruitment team"
Barring that we are really relying on no injuries to our spine unless we can find someone

Honestly, a few more slices of stale bread will not make the **** sandwich that has been Manly 2020 taste any better. Adding pieces here and there will only get us so far. Right now, it's like we barely have any understanding of the puzzle at all, let alone how to solve it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7