Filthy Dogs (again)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
The off-field reputation of NRL club the Bulldogs took another battering with New Zealand internationals Ben Roberts and superstar Sonny Bill Williams both caught up in police matters for illegal behaviour.

Halfback Roberts was charged Sunday with several traffic offences including driving under the influence while it was revealed Williams had been caught urinating in public last weekend when the Dogs were given time off for the bye.

Williams was busted by police relieving himself outside of a nightclub in Cronulla and was handed an infringement notice and fine worth $650.

It is his second public incident this season after an alleged dalliance with ironwoman Candice Falzon, known as the "Dunny Bill Williams incident", was caught on camera phone in a toilet cubicle at the Clovelly Hotel despite the player having a long term girlfriend.

His 21-year-old teammate Roberts, who had also been romantically linked to Falzon, continued the bad run of player behaviour Sunday morning when police pulled him over for a random breath test at 9.45am on Bellingara Road in Miranda, in Sydney's south.

Roberts blew 0.03 which is above the zero tolerance level for probationary licensed drivers.

He was taken to Miranda police station where he was charged with low-range prescribed concentration of alcohol, driving an unregistered vehicle, driving an uninsured vehicle, and not displaying his p-plates.

He will appear in Sutherland Local Court on July 12.

A Bulldogs spokesman confirmed Roberts had been caught by police and said "the club is still gathering all the information" before they would make an official statement.

Roberts called coach Steve Folkes immediately after the incident occurred to inform the club what had happened.

It is understood Roberts had been out the night before and thought he had slept it off before getting in the car, which belongs to a friend.

Bulldogs officials would not discuss what sort of penalty Roberts faces for his behaviour, but he could expect heavy ramifications from the club after he and Willie Tonga were this week dropped to premier league for breaking team curfew on a recent away trip to Auckland.

The pair arrived less than half an hour late from the team imposed 1am curfew after the Dogs win over New Zealand Warriors and coach Folkes punished them with demotion.

Despite the punishment, Roberts signed a new two-year deal to stay at the club this week.

"I'm very grateful for the opportunities that (Bulldogs coach) Steve Folkes has given me in my time here and I look forward to learning more from the coaches and the senior players," Roberts said at the time of signing.

"The spirit and unity that exists across the Bulldogs club makes it a great place to be a part of."

Maybe he urinated outside because he was scared Falzon was in the toilets again? :dance:

No wonder the Bulldogs are languishing near the bottom.

Bit of a nothing incident really, but they have to realise they must take more care when out in public.

I must say I love how Gallop comes out saying Sonny has a drinking problem, 90% of young males should book in for treatment now!!!!

Typical beat up. Who hasn't had a slash against a fence or tree during a night on the orange whips.

You but you don't do it where the cops can see you???? There is a certain arrogance about professional sports people and especially the Dogs.

Yeah, complete beat-up.
Nothing that most on here don't get up to on a fairly regular basis I'm sure.

I guess we could do a poll for how many ST posters DUI and piss up against walls on a regular basis?

I guess it all depends on the where he peed. If it was around a corner, against a tree, then it's a beat up. If it was on a footpath or against a phone booth, that's dirty.
I'm sure on most Saturday or Sunday "mornings" that I've still got a bit left in the blood when I stagger off to the car to go and find an Ogalo burger. Can't say I've ever seen cops anywhere though, it's unlucky.

Roberts = Dumb

SBW, Don't give a ****, absolute nothing issue. Who hasnt been out desperate for a piss, seen a big queue so gone somewhere. Just coz he plays footy and earns a certain amount doesnt mean he has a better bladder than the rest of us. ****, would hate to think how much i could have been fined over the years

As to Byso's question... almost everyday I piss on the wall at the pub I work at.

I've driven pissed once about 2 year ago and have never done it since.... I didn't get caught but the thought the next day of what could have been has put me off ever doing it again.

Extract from the Fox sports report

"Williams was reportedly at Fusions nightclub in Cronulla at 1.30am (AEST) on Sunday - the Bulldogs had a bye - when he left with a friend for some takeaway food.

Williams told club officials he had been heckled inside the club by other patrons and wanted to leave. It is understood Williams then attempted to find a "dark area" in public where he could urinate, but was sprung by a passing police car."

So it's not like he was hanging one out on the front door of the nightclub. Just bad luck that the cops busted him, as it could be for anyone who feels the call of nature in a public place. Personally I'd rather take the risk of being busted than chancing my arm in a public toilet at 1.30am.

Extract from the Fox sports report

\"Williams was reportedly at Fusions nightclub in Cronulla at 1.30am (AEST) on Sunday - the Bulldogs had a bye - when he left with a friend for some takeaway food.

Williams told club officials he had been heckled inside the club by other patrons and wanted to leave. It is understood Williams then attempted to find a \"dark area\" in public where he could urinate, but was sprung by a passing police car.\"

So it's not like he was hanging one out on the front door of the nightclub. Just bad luck that the cops busted him, as it could be for anyone who feels the call of nature in a public place. Personally I'd rather take the risk of being busted than chancing my arm in a public toilet at 1.30am.

The bloke has tremendously bad luck doesn't he?

I was sprung having a leak at the back of a servo in Lithgow one night after a game on the way back to Bathurst -as the loos were locked and the servo closed. The owner took to me with a piece of 4 x 2. I was very thankful I was a winger and could outrun the foul mouthed tool!!!! :roll: :roll:

It was just bad luck onthis occassion.

$650 is a bit steep!! The cop was probably trying to make a name for himself.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4