Field Goal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Up by 12 with 11 minutes left early in the tackle count and 20 meters out I would have loved to see a feild goal, make Parra score three tries to win.

I think the boys are pretty confident with their ability to defend, so perhaps they wanted to send the message that 12 points was going to be plenty.

Rusty said:
I think the boys are pretty confident with their ability to defend, so perhaps they wanted to send the message that 12 points was going to be plenty.

That's fair enough....However, I've always been a fan of putting the game effectively out of reach of the opposition then turning the screws. Take no prisoners!!

I heard DCE say somewhere last night or today that the team would learn from letting the 12 point lead slip and not closing out the match. I took that to mean next time at 12 up with 15 to go he'd have a go at kicking a field goal to close it out. The kid is still learning - which is saying plenty about how good he and Foran are gonna get.

I am more concerned with what fifi was thinking about when trying to catch that bomb when Dce had it covered right at the end

All the momentum was with the Seaeagles in the 2nd half & i was happy with the positives of trying to get the 6, especially the way the boys were piling on points & it was a good opportunity to attack in that red zone - possably the area Manly need to improve on most come finals time. If it was a finals game i think we would have seen the option of fg with 10-15 on the clock.

Masked Eagle said:
Daniel said:
I am more concerned with what fifi was thinking about when trying to catch that bomb when Dce had it covered right at the end

Auditioning for the AFL maybe?

Too right Dan, bad communication but DCE's comments are right and Des'll have em working bigtime to iron out these sorts of hiccups

Likewise about the sloppy pass which led to giving Parra possession close to our line only a few mins before - what the hell were they thinking???

One thing for sure, experienced stagers like Lockyer and Smith will be nailing the field goal at such times 15mins from the end if in front

brookiegreg said:
Masked Eagle said:
Daniel said:

Auditioning for the AFL maybe?

One thing for sure, experienced stagers like Lockyer and Smith will be nailing the field goal at such times 15mins from the end if in front

I think 15 is too far away from fulltime i like the field goal scene happening around the 72nd 73rd min mark not 65th minute , it can make the team think they have it won with 15 to go.Plenty a team has been run down who kicked the field goal too early..
I doubt Smith would be trying for 1 point when they are 20 out with 15 to go..Lockyer possibly as they have been rundown before already kicking field goals too early in the last2-3 seasons.

Only desperates kick field goals that early the likes of Hayne,farrah,marshall,sandown etc & then they have been run down..

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6