Field goal drills

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Our boys need to do some drills in setting up for a field goal, we are hopeless at it.

What's the point in running to the edges when you are clearly keen for a field goal?

Can't win em all I know but we have no structure in place when a field goal is needed.

Need to practice defending against short kick offs, were bad at that too.

Exactly - the most obvious was Foz, righ in front and kicks across the face for a low percentage try option :huh:

Strategy drills along with FG drills next week :idea:

A couple of times tonight they went for the money play instead of the safer option. No point kicking it over the top if you can pass, and as you mentioned the fg. Teams in the grind don't do that.

Lets just hope we learn from our mistakes , nothing wrong with getting a lesson, if its one we needed to have. Am a little concerned that the composure and organisational issues have appeared a few times already this year. Setting up for a field goal, how many did we squander against the knights before Syd pulled a spare of the moment one out.

On a brighter note, Starling rules.

HappilyManly said:
Exactly - the most obvious was Foz, righ in front and kicks across the face for a low percentage try option :huh:

Strategy drills along with FG drills next week :idea:

Think it's an arrogance thing with Foz. He put us over for a try in a similar situation last year and thinks he can do it at will.

snake did a couple in the warm up...he should've planted one over!

Killer03 said:
I don't get some of our options when trying to close out a game like tonight. We almost seem afraid to take the FG option.

Because extra time or a draw isn't worth it. We are winners and will go the win if it's there

Dogs were looking for nothing but a field goal in the last 15 mins, we looked lost. Looks like we are in position and then we go out wide. Frustration city

Dan said:
Killer03 said:
I don't get some of our options when trying to close out a game like tonight. We almost seem afraid to take the FG option.

Because extra time or a draw isn't worth it. We are winners and will go the win if it's there

But if it hasn't been working all night surely you say to the team, look guys were playing like bustards. Lets just set up a fg and go from there?

I think to bag Foz (or call him arrogant) is a bit harsh.

A couple of times this year he's set up or scored tries from that position to help win matches (the Cows game at Gosford for one).

In hindsight it's a lot easier to say what we should've done. However, I do agree...

The arm-wrestle of a game called for the straightforward play. A field-goal to square it up and put pressure back on them.

And yeah, for such an experienced team as ours, we're pretty average at setting up and taking the field-goal.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4