Feel Good Story:Brent Kite

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think he will be considered HM, but the FC got " burnt" a little after awarding Watmough the same honour and then had him **** on the club from a great height so rightly so I'd suggest ( although don't know) they'd be treading lightly here.

Hopefully that bad apple won't rot the whole tree..
'What mouth' may have been a local junior with scrambled brain cells but it shouldn't deter the FC from offering Matty B and Kitey lifetime membership. They have a tad more class and dignity than 'what mouth'

We should have snapped him up
He was looking for a role but Penrith had told him that he wouldn't have a assistant role so late that there werent any positions left at Manly. Although i reckon he would have been a better choice than hoppa for the sg ball side.

Kitey will always be one of my favorites. Met him quite a few times off the field for various reasons, and was a lovely, lovely man.

The day though, that he punched Michael Crocker in the head at Brookvale Oval made me so happy, it actually brought a tear to my eye ;)

Aaaah - good times !!!

Yep, on a freezing cold day in Leeds at the " Captains run", after everyone bar the MWTS had gone in for a warm shower who were the last two players to do so, and probably 30 minutes after the rest??

No prizes for the correct answer.
Choc?

I think he will be considered HM, but the FC got " burnt" a little after awarding Watmough the same honour and then had him **** on the club from a great height so rightly so I'd suggest ( although don't know) they'd be treading lightly here.
Exactly I will be voting yes for Brent Kite, what a Manly champion & complete gentleman! Guys like Matt Ballin, Brett Stewart, Steve Matai etc should be considered once they have retired.

I get to vote for the first time this year.....(woot!)

I wonder which way I should vote?

He was the first Manly player to come over, shake my wheelchair bound son's hand & have a chat when we did a lap of honour with the team at Brookie, after we beat the Storm in 2013. A great bloke. Would be an asset to have around the club in some capacity.

Exactly I will be voting yes for Brent Kite, what a Manly champion & complete gentleman! Guys like Matt Ballin, Brett Stewart, Steve Matai etc should be considered once they have retired.
They will be. 200+ 1st grade premiership games makes a player automatically eligible. The current situation with Kite is purely procedural.

Noting that ZtH considers the Football Club an irrelevancy, it will be interesting to see if William Conrad's son (ZtH), will attend when his honorary godson Stewart is made a 'lifer'.

Last edited:
I had a beer with him last night,yes he still loves his footy and still loves Manly,He just loves talking about footy,He was telling a few stories last night to all that were there, and he is still shocked about what happened to Tooves,I just mumbled it was agenda,s and he agreed.I asked how he thought Baz would go and he said,I dont know mate,he is untried but he has the cattle

Brent Kite has attended the MWDRLFC AGM, to accept his authentic Life Membership Award :clap:
Kitey was nominated by God himself, Cliffy Lyons.
He gave a very touching acceptance speech and teared up at the honour he was being bestowed.
Said it was surreal to have Cliffy nominate him, as he was a Raiders supporter in 1987 and cried at Manly flogging the Raiders, with Cliffy leading the demolition.:giggle:
Also commented on how the chance to rebuild Manly, has forged lifetime friends who had backed each other to become Premiership winners.
He has been watching the old games on Fox this week and it reminded him of the great journey that motley crew had undertaken. :inlove:

Wonderful ornament to the Club, the game and life in general - thanks Kitey.:clap:

The Annual Report has a great review of the 2015 Season as well as the 69 year history of Manly.
http://manlyfootballclub.com/media/annualreport2015.pdf

Membership

Tooves also attended, and reiterated the successful Club year that Manly enjoyed - detailed in the above report. From the SG Ball onward, all Manly Teams made the semis for the first time in decades.
He was asked, but diplomatically did not elaborate, on his treatment by the Franchise.
But barred his Mum from games as she wanted to say her piece :giggle:

Tooves is now happily having a rest, but also is actively sourcing sponsorship and NRL monies for Juniors. :clap:
Tooves spoke highly of Kitey and noted the risk he had taken to sign with the emerging Sea Eagles.

Michael Covey reported on the healthy state of the Manly Warringah Juniors. Thanked all the volunteers and how disappointed he was, that the NRL gave nothing to Junior RL.:wondering:

Kerry Sibraa reviewed the NYC Grand Final tilt. He was very angry, and we were aghast, that no one from the Franchise attended the game or the function afterwards. :mad:
This was the first year that the Manly NYC had made it into a Grand Final, so kudos to all the young stars of the future :clap:

Most Members were bemused and angry at the newly created Franchise Life 'Membership'.
Tooves said that as a Life Member, he was sent a letter to tick a box to 'transfer' his Football Club Life Membership to the claytons one - he has declined.
Also angry that players are being used as pawns by the Franchise :swear:

Was another wonderful evening of the annual review - Go Manly for another 69 years or more :inlove:

I also attended the meeting and it was fantastic to see Brent receive this honour and to hear from him the passion he still has for our club even though he is not there now. He highlighted the togetherness that embodied the playing group and he tellingly said "that a big reason for our success is that there were no egos and that we were each others biggest supporters". Wow those words sum it up totally and it shows that the egos that took over in 14 and 15 made it so hard.

Great to see Geoff Toovey talk to the members about what it means to represent the club and the undying love he has for the club in spite of the treachery that he suffered. Not a hint of bitterness and the fire is in his belly to one day resume a very senior role at the club. His words 'that we as players and coaches are merely custodians of the club and it is important for us to leave the place in good shape" He certainly achieved that.

It was a very positive experience to share this moment for Brent as he really deserved his accolade.

Well done to the organisers for putting on a really good event for the football club members.

Most Members were bemused and angry at the newly created Franchise Life 'Membership'.
Tooves said that as a Life Member, he was sent a letter to tick a box to 'transfer' his Football Club Life Membership to the claytons one - he has declined.

Thanks HM for the effort into this post. Much appreciated.

As for the bolded bit above....disgusting and I hope no other players do it (except possibly zorb and watmough.)

Plus well done and good on ya Kitey!!

Exactly, there is no other way to look at it. Sea Eagles really should have sat down and negotiated with FC about this life membership issue, they have lost friends over it, and have used players as pawns. Very disappointing.

Brent Kite has attended the MWDRLFC AGM, to accept his authentic Life Membership Award :clap:
Kitey was nominated by God himself, Cliffy Lyons.
He gave a very touching acceptance speech and teared up at the honour he was being bestowed.
Said it was surreal to have Cliffy nominate him, as he was a Raiders supporter in 1987 and cried at Manly flogging the Raiders, with Cliffy leading the demolition.:giggle:
Also commented on how the chance to rebuild Manly, has forged lifetime friends who had backed each other to become Premiership winners.
He has been watching the old games on Fox this week and it reminded him of the great journey that motley crew had undertaken. :inlove:

Wonderful ornament to the Club, the game and life in general - thanks Kitey.:clap:

The Annual Report has a great review of the 2015 Season as well as the 69 year history of Manly.
http://manlyfootballclub.com/media/annualreport2015.pdf

Membership

Tooves also attended, and reiterated the successful Club year that Manly enjoyed - detailed in the above report. From the SG Ball onward, all Manly Teams made the semis for the first time in decades.
He was asked, but diplomatically did not elaborate, on his treatment by the Franchise.
But barred his Mum from games as she wanted to say her piece :giggle:

Tooves is now happily having a rest, but also is actively sourcing sponsorship and NRL monies for Juniors. :clap:
Tooves spoke highly of Kitey and noted the risk he had taken to sign with the emerging Sea Eagles.

Michael Covey reported on the healthy state of the Manly Warringah Juniors. Thanked all the volunteers and how disappointed he was, that the NRL gave nothing to Junior RL.:wondering:

Kerry Sibraa reviewed the NYC Grand Final tilt. He was very angry, and we were aghast, that no one from the Franchise attended the game or the function afterwards. :mad:
This was the first year that the Manly NYC had made it into a Grand Final, so kudos to all the young stars of the future :clap:

Was another wonderful evening of the annual review - Go Manly for another 69 years or more :inlove:
The bit about transferring life membership raises some interesting questions. It appears no existing life member has done so, which from memory includes ZtH?

Certainly there have been no self-congratulatory PR releases about Bozo, Igor or Wombat, et al, switching over. Even ZtH's allies in the attempted coup a couple of years ago (Thommo and Orange) apparently haven't done so.

And with this acceptance of the real award, it appears that Brent Kite is thumbing his nose at the characters over at Wakehurst Parkway's Fort Fumble - as I thought he would.

Well done Kitey.

Life membership to any organization is bestowed by it, so it's ludicrous to entertain 'tranferring' the honour by the recipient:confused:

The Franchise can introduce their own honour roll, but can not strip that of an independent entity @:cool:

The love of Manly that we FC Members formalize through our membership, is heartily shared by Kitey and 2v :inlove:
It was so touching to see a giant of a man, recount a few memories with a teary eye.
In one game in 2005 Kitey said he got knocked out a bit and when he came to 'it was a skinny little kid, Snake pulling me up and saying we can do this - I just love Snake and all the other guys' :h:

Exactly, there is no other way to look at it. Sea Eagles really should have sat down and negotiated with FC about this life membership issue, they have lost friends over it, and have used players as pawns. Very disappointing.
As we learned last night at the meeting, the non unanimous decision by the board of the Sea Eagles to declare that they were from now on going to offer life memberships to our legend players was guillotined through the board without a proper debate and it is a slap in the face for football club who have bestowed these honours on players.

The players are caught in the middle of this and that is so unfortunate because no fan or member out there would deny that the players nominated indeed deserve this honour and other players like Matty Ballin and Gifty should also be considered especially as both of them were essentially forced out of the club.

The negotiation style of the managers of the club is quite clear now and it is going to be challenge for the football club moving forward. You would like to think that as we all want the same thing and that is for the club to be continuing our success that after all the infighting we would get some peace and that people would come together for the common goal.

I would imagine that their modus operandi was to send out a short letter to all existing life members with some ambiguous wording that didn't clearly explain what they were doing. You know "tick this box to have your life membership recognised by MWSE and get free tickets to all home games" sort of thing - don't worry about the fine print. They would have relied on them thinking it was still aligned with the Football Club and business as usual. Much like a lot of us were fooled by their press release announcing the 4 new life members, they were purposely deceitful in their wording of that announcement to give it the appearance of legitimacy.

Seems the Penns and Zorba are never going to give up the petty jealousy and won't rest until they have stripped the Football Club of every last "asset" they have that MWSE can't have total control over. Problem is you can't buy history and tradition . They must also burn every time they think of the preference share - that has to be the ultimate end game here. I hope the Football Club fight tooth and nail to keep that.

I would imagine that their modus operandi was to send out a short letter to all existing life members with some ambiguous wording that didn't clearly explain what they were doing. You know "tick this box to have your life membership recognised by MWSE and get free tickets to all home games" sort of thing - don't worry about the fine print. They would have relied on them thinking it was still aligned with the Football Club and business as usual. Much like a lot of us were fooled by their press release announcing the 4 new life members, they were purposely deceitful in their wording of that announcement to give it the appearance of legitimacy.

Seems the Penns and Zorba are never going to give up the petty jealousy and won't rest until they have stripped the Football Club of every last "asset" they have that MWSE can't have total control over. Problem is you can't buy history and tradition . They must also burn every time they think of the preference share - that has to be the ultimate end game here. I hope the Football Club fight tooth and nail to keep that.
Their arrogance over this could also be their weakness as the fabric of the club is not owned by them but owned by the thousands of players who have donned maroon and white, the members, the fans and volunteers who do a great job in keeping this club alive and kicking and the football club who protect all of this.

It is true that the Penn group now own the Sea Eagles and I as a fan and member really appreciate their investment and also respect their right to run the club as they see fit but they will never dilute or silence the work that the football club does.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6