Favourite Pundits

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Unfortunately I have to rely on Channel Nein's coverage for my opinion of commentators.
I don't like Joey Johns. Everything is "amazing" or "unbelievable".
Thurston is the worst. Lockyer is almost as pathetic.
Those sideline "interviews" are embarrassing.
I don't know the names of the females who seem to keep popping up on screen. I take it they are former cheerleaders (or am I being unkind to cheerleaders?). But I do know they are unnecessary.
Channel Nein seem to think that you need a phalanx of commentators when really you just need a caller and an 'expert' to provide some colour to the coverage.
I would much rather listen to a qualified sports journalist than an ex-player who has been for too many HIAs.

Kent can be Ok . He has his moments
The thing with Kent. He speaks his mind and doesn’t care who he offends. Sometimes I don’t agree with him but I like his authenticity. I don’t mind rothfield again I like how he never hides his love of the sharks

Surprised at the love for Warren smith, I can’t stand him personally, don’t know why but not a fan of his calling at all. When I get the chance here we get the option of 9 commentary or Fox commentary and I go 9 every chance I get.

Parker is abysmal, it’s all “Brisbane” this or “Queensland” that, and his voice is irritating. Not a fan of Sampson at all, Pitt is the best of the females but not seen much now. Barnard is annoying as well but come up with the best line of the year so far talking about Alex McKinnon, “I’ve got the great man standing here beside me” lol

I’ve actually grown to not mind Tallis, as he calls it how it is, don’t always agree but he is straight up and down. Gasnier and Braith go good. Andy Raymond is always ok too. Freddy is outstanding because he just sounds like a bloke you’d yarn with about footy at the pub lol

Still love a bit of Rabs although he isn’t on as much these days

Surprised at the love for Warren smith, I can’t stand him personally, don’t know why but not a fan of his calling at all. When I get the chance here we get the option of 9 commentary or Fox commentary and I go 9 every chance I get.

Parker is abysmal, it’s all “Brisbane” this or “Queensland” that, and his voice is irritating. Not a fan of Sampson at all, Pitt is the best of the females but not seen much now. Barnard is annoying as well but come up with the best line of the year so far talking about Alex McKinnon, “I’ve got the great man standing here beside me” lol

I’ve actually grown to not mind Tallis, as he calls it how it is, don’t always agree but he is straight up and down. Gasnier and Braith go good. Andy Raymond is always ok too. Freddy is outstanding because he just sounds like a bloke you’d yarn with about footy at the pub lol

Still love a bit of Rabs although he isn’t on as much these days
The Kiwi in your name reminded me of something - I do love the NZ guys - Halligan and whoever else it is. So unashamedly one eyed that it's actually funny and the only guys to still call a footy the "pill"

The Kiwi in your name reminded me of something - I do love the NZ guys - Halligan and whoever else it is. So unashamedly one eyed that it's actually funny and the only guys to still call a footy the "pill"

Lol Halligan is so bad he is funny, can’t believe they pay to fly him over every 2nd weekend lol

Brandy and Warren are the best. Finch and Braith are ok given how pathetic the rest of the field is. I don’t mind Vossys enthusiasm. Sterlo is equal to Brandy.

As much as I dislike him, billy slater appears to have some potential - he knows the game well and breaks things down coherently. Andrew Johns can be the same sometimes, but he definitely has an agenda and always sounds depressed.

Heard once from someone at channel 9 that Freddy is a nightmare to work with, he also seems to be a bit off sometimes.

lol yeah they call Freddy the space cadet sometimes, one game I remember they crossed to him twice and he wasn’t responding because he was busy passing a ball back and forth with the crowd

Dan Ginnane is my personal favourite at the moment.

Always liked him. Was always good on the weekend games that Triple M covered.

When i used to finish work at 6pm, i would listen to the Rush Hour on Triple M every weeknight. Listening to him and fellow guests talking footy and sport made the drive bearable.

He has been on NRL Tonight on Fox League for a while now, happy for him he finally got a gig as a TV commentator.

Wonder if (everything is Qld) Vonny will spend more than 30 sec talking about Manly's awesome performance on Big League Wrap. Bet it wont be.

I read somewhere last week that ennis is the untouchable golden child. Apparently on that professo’s show they took the p*ss out of him being a total hypocrite re his comments about AFB, he and his manager complained and the show got pulled up and told to lay off him. Precious much
Ennis’ fake laugh makes me want to vomit.

Ginnane is excellent as a play by play commentator. He will grow into the role on TV as if there's one criticism I have is that he was calling games on fox as if it were radio (i.e calling what the viewers could already see).

Ennis gets it wrong sometimes but his best asset is that he isn't afraid to make criticisms of players.

I like Sterlo as well. Quite statesmanly for league standards, though he does perhaps point out that a team has to be the next to score a little too often.

Brandy is a step above all other commentators. Astute and brings a level of sanity to the commentary box. I won't forget him being the only one that actually correctly identified and articulated why Manly wasn't at fault for the sin bin timekeeping error in the Storm match last year when it was being discussed with his halfwit colleagues Voss, Sampson and Walters. Though I suppose that's a fairly low bar to set.

Last edited:
Rabs, Brandy, Sterlo, Fittler, Gould (probably unpopular opinion) would be my faourite commentator team. I actually don’t mind Johns either, has some good input usually.

Don’t like many Fox commentators, they are all so weirdly biased. Yvonne toward anything dramatic, Roach toward Tigers, Voss has his annoying days, Ennis has his moments, Gasnier is dumb and hates some teams

Gould, Sterlo and Brandy are the most stabilising, well-thought out figures imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8