favourite Manly rookie for 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We've got quite a few to choose from!
Nominees will include
Garrick
Miski
Cust
Waddell
Keppie
Olakau'atu

I like them all but my favourite - Sean Keppie. In the semi final against the Sharks he showed enough quality to suggest he'll be in our 17 to start next year, despite plenty of healthy competition.

Garrick was mine, we have lacked a constantly reliable winger for a while now and I truly believe he has filled that. Only his debut season and I can see him getting better and better! His goal kicking has been good too.

Sean Keppie is definitely my second fave though. I cannot believe how good he was in the first grade games he's played for us WOW! In the games I saw him play reserve grade I thought he was decent, but his first grade form was even better - shows you there is truly a Desus. The only reason I picked him to come into first grade after all our injuries was because 1. he was in our development squad, and 2. he was one of the best out of the wooden spooner BWSE team haha! But wow he exceeded my expectations

Such good signs for us, LOVE THIS CLUB!!!!!

Nominees will include
Garrick
Miski
Cust
Waddell
Keppie
Olakau'atu

I like them all but my favourite - Sean Keppie. In the semi final against the Sharks he showed enough quality to suggest he'll be in our 17 to start next year, despite plenty of healthy competition.
Garrick best for sure , then Waddell and Keppie . Hope to see Olakau"atu well in the mix next season .

Gotta be Garrick
Waddell started really well, then went very quiet mid season and came home strong

All the others bar miski look to have something they can bring to the team next year. Exciting times. Just need to unearth some better depth in the backs.

Nominees will include
Garrick
Miski
Cust
Waddell
Keppie
Olakau'atu

Garrick is the standout for me, had some very strong games, took on the goal kicking too (hope he improves more).
Keppie gets a special mention for that shark Final from the moment he ran on, if he can keep that fire and excitement attitude then look forward to watching him go around again.
Waddell went well too and finished the season strongly.

Hard to go past Garrick. Apart from one HIA I think, he played every minute of every game this year. Only player in squad to do so, I did like Keppie's efforts, so with more opportunity he could be a good find.

Garrick the windner, Waddell and Keppie look promising whilst the rest certainly were not poor performers. Olakau'atu obviously would need to see more of, from all reports he looks to have an upside.

Easy Garrick top 6 point scorer in the league. Good goal kicking, has some speed and good try scorer good combination with suli. Also, played a big part in manly's successful season.

Garrick, given he played every game and did well with the boot, though it lost its radar towards the end a bit. He’s probably never had to kick so many goals in one season!

Keppie gets 2nd but that’s due to the small number of games he played, which is also a testament to how well he did.

Waddell was good except for his brain exploding head butt against his old club. I like the guy.

All rookies did themselves and the club proud. It really was a good year

Don’t think you can go past Garrick , simply for the number of games he’s managed and at the highest level.

Biggest surprise though was Keppie, forwards usually take a while ,he’s already there and can only improve.

We were blessed with a more then average players developed into FG ers. Garrick is a stand out as he did it week in week out at a level required.

One thing I like about Garrick, he can hurl a perfect pass to an inside support while at full gallop. He did that more than once this year, good skill for a winger.

Garrick is the clear winner, but amongst the others I'm going with Keppie. I think he's a really strong ball carrier and really stepped up when needed against the Sharks. He beats out Boyle for a bench spot next year IMO.

Olakau'atu...just for the haircut.
Has a mean look about him and is apparently part of the " Fairfield connection " with Manase , Sulli etc...go the westies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7