Favourite Hoppa Memory

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Canteen Worker, Mar 22, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Canteen Worker

By:Canteen WorkerMar 22, 2005

Likes Given:
    Ratings:
    +215 /5
    Hoppa is gone and I believe that there was no alternative.

Whilst his career was controversial there were some great moments and I am sure that a good list could be produced in memory of this infamous Manly man.

I remember the three tries he scored in Canberra in a top of a table clash. He ran the length of the field for one and carried us when we had 11 on the field for 10 mins. Manly won against the odds and Hoppa was sensational.

2. ChuckWood

By:ChuckWoodMar 22, 2005

Likes Given:
    Ratings:
    +4 /0
    I do recall enjoying a try he scored at WIN Stadium a few years back , when the Peter Sharp coached Eagles defeated the Dragons. As he ran down the right wing towards the tryline , he did the "Hoppa shuffle " & was laughing at the Saints defenders.

NB: May have to find another team photo to replace the current one of the home page banner. The only player I can see is the "late great Hoppa " !!

3. KaZa

By:KaZaMar 22, 2005

Likes Given:
    Ratings:
    +398 /24
    My fav is my first memory of him. I think it was his debut game. He scored two tries.. one off a bomb on his own 1 metre line.. he spun around and raced 100 metres to score.. Awesome effort.

4. Dan

By:DanMar 22, 2005
    Kim Jong Dan
    Staff Member Administrator 2018 Tipping Competitor

Likes Given:
    Ratings:
    +8,615 /136
    I cant go past the numerous times he carried 3 defenders on his back ffor more than 10 meters, a man of pure strength and passion

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice